• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

AUS:NSW / EVO APAC 2010 / Australian Qualifier!

Started by EXC355UM, February 07, 2010, 01:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

awesome stuff boyz, Fong bro i was wanted you to ultra that electric happy blanka, bloody spammer. And the overhead into ex headbutt didn't come out in that very last round you woulda got him too as he rainbow balled on wakeup.

But man good shit i didnt get to watch the many fights just fongs and hb vs daigo.

Shot Andy, Fong n Jack for ripping it up over in the outback. Safe trip home boyz, yous did us proud.

B BOY DRAW2

Team NZism!!! You guys are legends...
Like they need you guys to do a Weet-bix advertisement...or something...

Congratulations on making it as far as you did...this is a big step for the NZ fight game scene
and it's so awesome to look on here and read these results and support  that everyone is giving you!

Shee-it...outstanding efforts you 3!!!

Madd props!!!
Drawski.

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

CrazyMobius

This is really amazing stuff. I think NZism and the NZ scene are at a real good point at the moment and this type of thing showing our top players can hang with the Aussies is very inspiring.

Couple of things: I'd love to here Jacks and Fongs impressions of your matches against Daigo.

And Andy what did that Dhalsim player do to beat you?

Also does Daigo know of Birry Wong??!

I'm sure this will give you three a disctinct edge against the competition back here now. Especially the ability to deal with pressure. Pretty stink that Fong had flu as I'm sure that had to affect your overall performance.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea me and Daigo go way back. I rescued him from a burning building on a whim one day. It was after i RSF'd him so hard that his xbox caught fire.

Hung out with him a bit while the burns healed. Hes a nice guy. I told him to come to NZ but he doesnt want to play me and have to go through the skin grafts again.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

cha

Good work.
BTW, Humanbomb and some other guys were playing Mahjong with Daigo before
he got on the plane, why didn't you guys join them lol

Will

Just had a read of the thread, nice work boys reppin it up hard!
Learning....

JackSmash

Man where to start?

Daigo i guess.
He is indeed as godlike as everyone thinks he is, he literally has no flaws in his game. Pretty much got about 95% of all his combos during the weekend at the expense of Aussies (and us!) :D. When we were at Good Games on Friday night, he racked up like 63wins and then went for dinner as the setups were adjusted. He got it back up to sixty something again when he returned.

My experience from playing him. Never have i played someone who can shut down my game as good as he did, his footsies are insane and literally scares you into stop throwing out pokes. This combined with his perfect execution pretty much stops you from performing, you cant combo, cant do mixup - nothing. On top of that, he just walks forward and footsies and kills you when you're in the corner.

TBO i think that this was the main and most obvious difference between Daigo and a lot of players in Aus (even a lot of Americans): footsies. If you whiffed anything in front of him, you would get punished bad while many other players would not capitalize on these mistakes and would just carry on as if it never happened. I think that this is the biggest step that non Japanese players need to take in order to reach their level of play.

As for the 2 day event it was simply unbelievable. It was organized perfectly by such a dedicated group. So many people, so many setups, such a great venue and an amazing atmosphere. All the guys that we met were really hospitable and down to earth (esp. Jack) and there were a lot of top players giving each other advice etc. One of the NSW qualifiers DK was really cool, he gave us a lot tips and advice against certain characters and even other players. Really awesome guy.

The prizes were mad as well (only for top 8 though  :().
7th= Fong/DK got about $200 each worth of vouchers.
5th=(I think) Wizbore / Naruga got a TE's and other prizes like DvDs etc.
3rd ToXy got the new TE and a xbox and other prizes.
You know the rest, they got other prizes as well.

I really learned a lot from this event. Their community, their level of play and playstyle. My favorite match was definitely ToXy vs HumanBomb in the losers finals (best Gouki mirror ive seen). I picked up so many things, new tricks, new ways of fighting certain characters. I think that these things will certainly change the way i play during tournaments now.

Most important of all.
Big shout outs to Fong and Andy, you guys made me so proud that night bro, you showed them how we roll in NZ and qualified out of 90+ players. And again on Sunday, we all did so well and proved to everyone that NZ could indeed hang with the best in OZ. esp. my bro Fong. Top 8 in Australasia.
GREENLANE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#!@#111!!!!!!!!!!

P.S
About the team tournament. Our team name was "We came for the lunch".
Oh and btw, i swear anyone could replicate Daigo's autograph.

CrazyMobius

Amazing. Especially this:

Quote from: JackSmash on May 31, 2010, 08:20:41 PM

TBO i think that this was the main and most obvious difference between Daigo and a lot of players in Aus (even a lot of Americans): footsies. If you whiffed anything in front of him, you would get punished bad while many other players would not capitalize on these mistakes and would just carry on as if it never happened. I think that this is the biggest step that non Japanese players need to take in order to reach their level of play.

By leveling you guys up it in turn will force the rest of the NZ community to step up their game.

zos'la

We were pretty nervous and tired after the first day of the tourny as about 100 competitors fighting for top 8 spots for qualifiers and NZ took 2!!
By the second day both myself and Fong gave us our all for the Final 21 top players...after that the team tournament we just gave up, way too tired to think of anything to win.

Mobious:
that dhalsim weren't exactly great, just good zoning, its because all 3 of us practically out of breath or can barely open our eyes...
These guys didn't play the tourny they only joined the 3v3, so while we were half dead we got kick harder lol.

Have to agree with little Jack there, Daigo's Footsies are superb, don't whiff or you get punished hard, one mistake can get you dazed.
He practically just walks towards you the whole game with footsies and hadous until you're too scared to poke.

Just to correct things out, Fong didn't play Daigo :P he was so what scared or being smart not to get butt raped LOL.
Jack and Myself had one go with him on Friday night at GGs and I had another go during the top 21 qualifiers which some of you may have seen... actually I didn't even know it was streaming at the time ffs !!!

The guys were really nice and treated us with utmost respect, a BIG ups to Jack Lou for everything he had done for us and also to Yang (berbeto?) Gamogo as well as they were really nice people who did heaps to get us involve with the scene. We also met Brosta... god he is just like, dazed out... not talkative... really quiet... yeah lol thats all :)

Most importantly I realize there are plenty of hot ladies during the Tourny, too bad I had to focus and spend my energy on SSF4 or else it would be on them  :P yay.

Thanks to all who cheered for us, it was intense but satisfying with the results, don't know if I would've done better but it was a great experience.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gankatron

Pretty much what Jack and Andy said is on point.

Regarding the team match how that Dhalsim OCV'd us, yes i was tired but i dont know about you 2 but i sure as hell tried my best to win but couldn't, this obviously makes him the better player on the day. Period.

Thanks boiz and catch up with ya's soon!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on May 31, 2010, 09:13:21 PM
Most importantly I realize there are plenty of hot ladies during the Tourny, too bad I had to focus and spend my energy on SSF4 or else it would be on them  :P yay.

Nothing quite like getting shot down internationally eh Andy?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

too good for that Will :)
they will beg me for mercy!!!

xpunch

Quote from: weazzyefff on May 30, 2010, 10:34:45 PM

Damn Aussie bastards. Man Human Bomb got thrown three times in a row in a jabb setup against Daigo, fark the Daigo effect still way strong. Prob to shaky to tech lmfao.

im pretty sure Human Bomb was trying to block the srk, fadc into ultra that daigo loves to do in his pressue game. You think he's going for a throw then he does srk ,fadc, ultra, since he had enough bars stocked to FADC and his ultra meter was up, thats all HB was thinking about I guess. Daigo ended up getting him anyways str8 after the throw setups. Just when HB goes to tech he lands the big combo. He's oh so beast

zos'la

Quote from: xpunch on May 31, 2010, 11:25:31 PM
im pretty sure Human Bomb was trying to block the srk, fadc into ultra that daigo loves to do in his pressue game. You think he's going for a throw then he does srk ,fadc, ultra, since he had enough bars stocked to FADC and his ultra meter was up, thats all HB was thinking about I guess. Daigo ended up getting him anyways str8 after the throw setups. Just when HB goes to tech he lands the big combo. He's oh so beast

its all mind games, Daigo is good at that sort of thing. simple word, out classed.
The closest person in NZ to HB wold be Kevin, which makes many of us even further away for Daigo's lvl.
Much to learn ladies.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: zosla on May 31, 2010, 09:13:21 PM

The guys were really nice and treated us with utmost respect, a BIG ups to Jack Lou for everything he had done for us and also to Yang (hebretto?) Gamogo as well as they were really nice people who did heaps to get us involve with the scene. We also met Brosta... god he is just like, dazed out... not talkative... really quiet... yeah lol thats all :)

MY MAIN MAN TEAM AV CEO

Big ups to both Andy and Fong making it out of last minute quals. That shit is gotlike. Gdlk Fong making top 8 is top tier. Better tell us all your stories at ranbats!

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA