• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

SF4 2v2 Team Tournament

Started by zos'la, February 10, 2010, 01:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

massi4h

But all the xbox players like xbox better lol. I can bring xbox + monitor + TE. Didn't jwong even say 360>ps3 cause it's closer to the arcade timing or whatever?

fluxcore

Not to mention that giga already has xboxes...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

360 timing is closer to US arcade timing. Yifans timing is slow as shit.

While the 360 is a touch faster/better for all intents and purposes, the difference between 360 and PS3 is minor enough that playing for 5 minutes on PS3 will have you used to the timing for your links etc. Coming from someone that plays on both, there IS a difference, but its not that bad. Its different, but you adjust pretty quick. It took me longer than 5 minutes because im retarded, but the rest of you will fare much better. Plus EVO is rocking PS3's this year, and who are we to go against the international standard?

For us i think 360's and sticks for 360 are more freely accessible though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on February 17, 2010, 08:07:30 AM
What US arcade?

The magical one that i imagine is there and is better than yifans.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I actualyl don't really mind what plateform it is on though I do prefer xBox, lets just keep it like this and see if we can get more gears for PS3. Worst come to worst we can run it off xBox as many of us got gears to lend for that xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

I prefer PS3 simply for the fact that ANY unencrypted USB peripheral will work... Before I got my TE, I was rocking a Saitek P880 6 button pad with no issues. Try that on a 360 and you're out shit out of luck
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Quote from: electric on February 17, 2010, 08:29:29 AM
I prefer PS3 simply for the fact that ANY unencrypted USB peripheral will work... Before I got my TE, I was rocking a Saitek P880 6 button pad with no issues. Try that on a 360 and you're out shit out of luck

the facts!!! thats why I am getting a PS3 and not high and mighty xbox xD
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

Quote from: stereomonkey on February 17, 2010, 12:04:02 PM
Then why not stick to the PC? :P

Unstandardised hardware = inconsistent playing experience. Even if someone was 20 metres down the road, if they're running at 30 fps then it'll be pretty unenjoyable to say the least.

stereomonkey

Just joking boss ;)

It's a interesting mix of people here though.  There are plenty of PS3 users and players, but how many of them are willing to put their equipment down on the table for others to use?  In the past xbox players have been happy enough to bring consoles and sticks for all to use with the understanding that people take care of them.  Are PS3 users the same? (exception being Ben and Smoof)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I personally dont mind bringing my shit if its just the nzism crew. But i dont trust randoms, and probably never will.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 17, 2010, 12:47:01 PM
I personally dont mind bringing my shit if its just the nzism crew. But i dont trust randoms, and probably never will.

I'm the same, but of course without any dates being confirmed, I don't even know whether I can make it... Turns out I'm pretty tentative like that lol

fluxcore

In my experience most of the PS3 people *can* bring their stuff, but don't share.