• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

XLAN 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, February 15, 2010, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on July 07, 2010, 09:38:00 AM
Speaking of XLAN, I'm wondering if any of you guys attending can get your hands on one of the "official WCG 2010" monitors they're going to be using and do a lag test

http://playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139235/CATID=257/ID=14232/SID=107854702/productdetails.html

If they're lag free (which I'm skeptical about), it could be a good (albeit, expensive) solution for the people who aren't too stoked with having to use a CRT

Expensive? It says only $310.00.

Skullator

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 07, 2010, 10:11:42 AM
Expensive? It says only $310.00.

Accountant BURN.
Financially OWNED.

Seriously though I wouldn't spend $310 on an 23" LCD in 2010, all lag discussion aside. After seeing my 24" LCD sit next to Scribbles 24" LED for a week I'm sold on the colour vibrancys and black levels being worth it, before you get into the obvious thickness, weight and power consumption benefits.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: geneterror on July 07, 2010, 09:04:09 AM
Haha Alan I was just about to post that. 99.9% of the world aren't fucking anal frame counting stick ninjas and I imagine don't care about a frame of lag here and there.
For 99.9% of people it's not actually a step backwards, they just want to watch sweet blu-ray movies etc.
I would rather stab myself in the eyes than play on a CRT these days unless the game was designed before HD gaming became the norm ie. games made prior to PS2. Try playing most non-fighting games made now on a CRT and the menus/option text is to small to even read and some games you can't use the map haha.

Fuck yeah i can't read the text and sometime the map icons all look the same like little white circles when really they have small differences that you can't see haha. Fuck i was thinking why do they make games where you can't read shit fuucckkk!!! So you can actually read it on HD tv's? Man that suck sucks, fuck game developers in the ass. They think just rich cunts play games or something.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Skullator on July 07, 2010, 11:04:19 AM
Accountant BURN.
Financially OWNED.

Seriously though I wouldn't spend $310 on an 23" LCD in 2010, all lag discussion aside. After seeing my 24" LCD sit next to Scribbles 24" LED for a week I'm sold on the colour vibrancys and black levels being worth it, before you get into the obvious thickness, weight and power consumption benefits.

Man. I really don't know that much about TV's.

Rorooze

Quote from: zosla on July 07, 2010, 08:28:42 AM
As stated in my previous post, I have notice no differences in speed wise using my LCD with HDMI and a 15 years old CRT. I do agree I do not have teh right equipment to test it on therefore I can no put actual FACTS here, you can take my words for it or not but the Giga monitors running on VGA does nto feel anything like the CRT setup I have. Which I find it funny as I would of expected it to be similar or better than the VGA setup at Giga because I was there to do the test and took the photos. The test was base on the BenQ 27 inch with teh Acer 22 inch and we found it to have around 2-3 frames difference, so in saying we did not do a proper test with them against a CRT? correct me if I am wrong here.

ah yeah, you missed the test we did versus the crt.

what we did was compare the lag of a CRT vs the 27inch benq, it was about 3 frames from memory. then from there we compared the 27inch benq vs the asus monitor and the asus monitor was faster by roughly 3 frames. so by deduction we can say the asus monitor is roughly equal to the crt. I say roughly equal because I cannot recall the exact numbers at the present time.

The only other test I could think of is to get a video camera which can record @ 60 frames a second and we output to a CRT and a LCD at the same time and compare the video camera images frame by frame. I don't have the equipment or the time to undertake such a test.

CptMunta

Lagg, the ultimate thread hijacker strikes again. not to be a dick Andy but couldn't you have just just posted your complaints in the lagg thread with all the other lagg discussion.

On topicish, are you guys watching evo from xlan? Both events are this weekend right? Be cool to tussle up a posse down here to watch super sf4 top 8.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Skullator

We have been told we can, I said fighters wouldn't go unless we could.

Fingers crossed.. lol

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

FUCK THE LAG

I WANNA KNOW IF I CAN COME AND WATCH
The New Generation Clockw0rk

massi4h

Well I'm bringing my computer so they'll probably let us use it to stream for us xlan players during the comp. Hopefully someone can bring a spare monitor to watch it on as I'll be mostly using mine for my xbox. After prize giving on Sunday, probably finish at 3pm they said we can use the main stage to watch it. I have no idea how late it will go though, so we could possibly get kicked out.

It won't be shown on the main stage during the event as there will be constant stage matches happening.

iMagneto

Im bring my 26" lcd, Imac, and 2 arcade sticks.~
look forward to it..

zos'la

Is anyone bringing equipment to do some lag test at xLan? I really want to try and test out my monitor if possible.
:)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gino

Has the tournament schedule been released?

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on July 08, 2010, 10:48:47 AM
Is anyone bringing equipment to do some lag test at xLan? I really want to try and test out my monitor if possible.

So.

I showed you a review where some people with all the right equipment performed a test and showed effectively 0 lag.
You bought a crt and say they seem the same.

And now you want some random ppl with shoddy equipment to try and repeat the first test?

At what point are you going to stop this? When Daigo comes along and blesses your monitor? God?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on July 08, 2010, 12:03:57 PM
So.

I showed you a review where some people with all the right equipment performed a test and showed effectively 0 lag.
You bought a crt and say they seem the same.

And now you want some random ppl with shoddy equipment to try and repeat the first test?

At what point are you going to stop this? When Daigo comes along and blesses your monitor? God?

and then?
If those test ARE correct then my monitor is 0-1 frame lag at most. So I am just wanting to varify this as our so called 0 lag setup does not feel the same. Does it get on ur nerves? sorry if it does but I am asking others who mentioned they might bring something along the line, not specifically u. Just relax my dear admin friend, don't jump up and down like that everytime you see me post^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on July 08, 2010, 01:39:12 PM
and then?
If those test ARE correct then my monitor is 0-1 frame lag at most. So I am just wanting to varify this as our so called 0 lag setup does not feel the same. Does it get on ur nerves? sorry if it does but I am asking others who mentioned they might bring something along the line, not specifically u. Just relax my dear admin friend, don't jump up and down like that everytime you see me post^^

Its just you. It feels exactly the same as when i play on CRT.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.