• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Mashmasters goodtimes

Started by CptMunta, February 16, 2010, 09:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

propafanda

Fluxcore: When do you think on doing this thing? Dates, time, location ect?..

Also depends on if the chch scene is up for it.

redtie

I just had a good idea.

Marc, do you have a vga cord to plug a laptop into TV?
If you do, we could hook my laptop upto one of the 32" displays at the uni where the xboxs are setup.
Then we just bring our sticks and were sorted.

I've got all the games we play on it too..... and more!

Capcom
SF4
Vanilla ST
Hyper Fighting
Tekken Tag
Killer Instinct
UMK3
Marvel (if someone downloads the dreamcast iso for it my nets capped)

There's heaps of couches and tables to put our sticks on. The rooms huge!!! Like massive! This idea has potential I think. Plus all the uni shops and shit are in the same building too so everyone can go and get food or we could all go downstairs to the uni bar for a round of beers after.

My laptop speakers aren't so bad either and they go quite loud. The sound won't be the best but it should be about the same quality as the TZ SF4 cabinet

The only problem is.. we might need a remote to switch it to vga mode if it doesnt have an auto-detect feature.

Anyone got an LG remote?

stereomonkey

Damn, I need on of those beasty laptops you have!

Nothing better than being able to take your laptop and play all the games you enjoy (including MARVEL!!! YEA BOI!!)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on February 25, 2010, 08:51:10 PM
I just had a good idea.

Marc, do you have a vga cord to plug a laptop into TV?
If you do, we could hook my laptop upto one of the 32" displays at the uni where the xboxs are setup.
Then we just bring our sticks and were sorted.

I've got all the games we play on it too..... and more!

Capcom
SF4
Vanilla ST
Hyper Fighting
Tekken Tag
Killer Instinct
UMK3
Marvel (if someone downloads the dreamcast iso for it my nets capped)

There's heaps of couches and tables to put our sticks on. The rooms huge!!! Like massive! This idea has potential I think. Plus all the uni shops and shit are in the same building too so everyone can go and get food or we could all go downstairs to the uni bar for a round of beers after.

My laptop speakers aren't so bad either and they go quite loud. The sound won't be the best but it should be about the same quality as the TZ SF4 cabinet

The only problem is.. we might need a remote to switch it to vga mode if it doesnt have an auto-detect feature.

Anyone got an LG remote?

Fuck yeah! Next week maybe. I gotta vga cord not too long though. Also just bought a 32" Samsung a few hours ago so we can run your laptop on it's badassness if you like tomorrow. Woot!

We can discuss the details tomorrow. Maybe see if you can scab a ride from Nick from Uni to my place. Save on bus and time etc maybe.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Darthfoxx

Quote from: redtie on February 25, 2010, 08:17:54 PM
Nah yous are both wrong

Im chchs best cvs2 player! Nobody roll cancels more consistently on a pad then me!!

That's my pad game.

I'll bring it around if yous are still playing at like 3:30ish, and we can settle this like real men.

Sif not arcade! We are men of valour, d-pad's do not become us! Thats medieval for "na bro, I'm rubbish on d-pad. Stick plox..." :P

nomad

Just got the unit back on Friday afternoon, the PC was replaced with a brand new one, fingers crossed it doesn't have issues...seems good on testing though

This evening I swapped the buttons out for new Sanwa's, hope you guys like, I also noticed that the sticks are already Sanwa's

propafanda

Thanks for keeping us in the loop again Damon. Oh so its all replaced up and tested. I will pass it on to the lads by p.m.

Darthfoxx

propafanda

Hey guys just to let yas all know in this thread, now the SFIV cabinet is back and operating its fully replaced with a brand new PC setup and new Sanwa buttons. Seems to be fine and well on testing it. rock on...

CptMunta

Ok here's the tourney details fellas get hype! Discuss in that thread if you can :o

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1039.0.html

stereomonkey

Awesome Marc, fricking awesome!!!  :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Quote from: stereomonkey on March 03, 2010, 04:57:08 PM
Awesome Marc, fricking awesome!!!  :D

cheers bro, made a poster for it :)

fluxcore

damnit munta now I want to move to chch!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Darthfoxx

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on March 22, 2010, 11:22:49 AM
damnit munta now I want to move to chch!

Nope, now you want to move to CHCH  ;)  ;D

Just got the prizes sussed for the Super Tourney at Gamestation:

1st Super Street Fighter IV Backpack for Arcade stick, SSF4 T-Shirt, Ken Figure, C.Viper Figure, I-Phone cover (Of your choice)

2nd SSF4 T-shirt C.Viper Figure, I-Phone cover (Of your choice)

3rd SSF4 T-Shirt I-Phone cover (Of your choice)

7 spot prizes of I Phone covers so no matter the skill level you have something up for grabs. A C. Viper figure and 2 SSF4 T-shirts given away to random pre-orders that pick up their game on the night or participants to the tourney that didn't place or something.

Working out the nitty gritty with spot prizes or what not. Also (non alcoholic) refreshments provided on the night!

You Aucklanders should ride the Air Hyper C. Viper beam to this event  :D