• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland Giga SF4 2v2 Team Tournament: 12.00PM - 6.00PM Sat 6th Mar 2010

Started by zos'la, February 20, 2010, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Birry Wong votes best 2/3 for the bulk of it. Best 3/5 for the finals. The Actual 'match format' doesnt bother me.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

I vote the same as Mrs Birry Wong (though I disagree with your 3rd person speak like a fool)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on March 04, 2010, 03:36:16 PM
I vote the same as Mrs Birry Wong (though I disagree with your 3rd person speak like a fool)

While im sure you want to vote the same as Mrs Birry Wong, im afraid deepthroating Mr Birry Wong's wang was not an option. Sorry to disappoint you Stuart.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Skullator

Andy, come 6 o'clock are we likely to get kicked out? or do you think there is allowance for overtime?

stereomonkey

It's at giga so you probably have all the time in the world there and if they do get upset i'm sure they would be happy for some money ;)

HoneyBadger

Definitely limit the rounds. Have as many or as few games as you want, but please best out of 3 rounds for the games.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Yes I remember me and Ben not being happy about the final at the last Giga comp, where it was changed to 3/5 rounds in the final. This in general benefits Zangief (Kevin). If the matches before the final are 2/3 then the final should also be 2/3. You can just have more sets.

So IMO, all games should be Player 1A and 2A play eachother 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games; THEN Player 1B and 2B play eachother 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games.

If one team wins both games they move on, if 1 player from each team wins the winners play eachother in the same format to see who moves on.

It's OK to change the final to 2/3 rounds, 3/5 (or 4/7 whatever) games, but do not change the rounds.

Skullator

Quote from: massi4h on March 04, 2010, 05:11:27 PM
Yes I remember me and Ben not being happy about the final at the last Giga comp, where it was changed to 3/5 rounds in the final. This in general benefits Zangief (Kevin). If the matches before the final are 2/3 then the final should also be 2/3. You can just have more sets.

So IMO, all games should be Player 1A and 2A play eachother 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games; THEN Player 1B and 2B play eachother 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games.

If one team wins both games they move on, if 1 player from each team wins the winners play eachother in the same format to see who moves on.

It's OK to change the final to 2/3 rounds, 3/5 (or 4/7 whatever) games, but do not change the rounds.

Aight so this sound well though out, I change my vote to this format!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Mason makes a good point. ONE thing im a bit iffy on though.

Quote from: massi4h on March 04, 2010, 05:11:27 PM

I dont think the parts in bold are necessary. Without them, a set becomes 1A vs 2A (1 game) 1B vs 2B (1 game) and potentially the winners of each game fighting it out eg. 1A vs 2B (1 game).

3 games total. A clear winner decided. Because its so short, it gives minimal time to adjust to your opponent. It means players have to be on the ball from the get-go, because every hit is going to count.

This might be TOO short for some people, and i understand that. Having matches as best 2/3 sets (assuming the sets are like this) would be fine.

But i totally agree that the rounds should be best 2/3 for the WHOLE competition. Change the number of games/sets. But ROUNDS should be best 2/3.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

ok then its seems clear what everone wants.
Match Rules:
Best of 2/3 rounds and best of 2/3 games.
Top 4: Best of 2/3 rounds and best of 3/5 games. (might change if we have more time left)

thoughts?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

Yeah you're right Will, and that's how the Jap comps go iirc. It's just people might not be happy with too short games, but increasing to 3/5 rounds will annoy people more as it's more standard to have 2/3 rounds. I'm all for what you said, but at least 2/3 rounds, 2/3 games is more standard than 3/5 rounds, 1 game.

Edit: Yeah Andy I'd be happy with that, see what the others have to say.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: zosla on March 05, 2010, 09:27:26 AM
Match Rules:
Top 4: Best of 2/3 rounds and best of 3/5 games. (might change if we have more time left)

thoughts?

Sweet

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on March 05, 2010, 09:27:26 AM
Match Rules:

thoughts?

Sounds good
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

also on a side note,
I need you guys who already got a team organized to give your team a name.
I don't care what it is, I just need both players nick name and your team name when registering.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.