• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland Giga SF4 2v2 Team Tournament: 12.00PM - 6.00PM Sat 6th Mar 2010

Started by zos'la, February 20, 2010, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: samurai black on February 25, 2010, 07:21:59 PM
fuck that. id rather go to yifans and then go to k-dizzle afterwards for a feed

lol richard warped into the umans body and did the post of fury right there.
The U man approves
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Gino

Lennysaurus

Nationals will always be run as cheap as possible.  TBH the most that we would charge for it would be $10-00 at this point unless something changes drastically that will force us to change this.

The idea behind the Nats is to get as many people as we can into the tournament so that we can draw more people to the site.  The larger the site gets the bigger our community gets.  The bigger our community gets the more our overall skill level increases.  And when we finally have enough people playing with a high enough skill level to make us look good on the world stage, we can really start to market fighting games for proffessional sponsorship.

Are FirstGames gonna be cool with continued sponsorship for our other stuff?  If they are gonna be there at the tourney that would be great cause I would love to have some dialogue with them face to face.

I like that you have a goal to improve peoples skill levels in the game Andy and get us more competitive, but I dunno if this will do it.  For me this seems more about the hardout guys going hardout I guess.  I think we need to look at peering people up in a way that a more experienced person can help a less experienced person.

I think we need to start having more grinders too.  I'm keen to do another big saturday at maybe Giga sometime soon?  Can't have enough games can we?

In other news I think I am getting back into SFIV.  I'm learning Sim and really enjoying mucking around with him.  Need to get some practice in against peeps though.  I have got a hold of the Arturo podcast that he did with Gootecks and that has GREAT info on it.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

I see the concerns about sponsorships but I don't see why they wouldn't sponsor us again IF we show them that as a community we are one and will support each other.

I understand that the entry fee may look high at this stage, but think about how long the game has been out? this is pushing the players to actually train up and get serious about things. I honestly think $20 ain't that much for a good 6 hours of tournament experience. Of course we all have our own thoughts with regards to this, I just want to tell the people out there that when we do these things we mean business and hoping to encourage these people participate and work hard for their goals. Motivation comes from rivalry, prizes and how much effort you put into getting what you deserve.
One thing I can consider is that if we get enought entrants I can lower the price on teh spot as I am only ensuring the payment of the venue and having some of that left to give away as prize money.

Its hard to pair people up as there will always be bias involve or somewhat and random pairing won't work either as it could also have the potential issue,  therefore I left it to the player's decision.  For those who don't have a partner, just turn up and we will pair u up with someone as there will be many who also have no partner.
This tournament may seem it is for hardout people and hence why it is a 2v2, if I were to do a normal tournament I will not go the way I have now. The game is getting near its end as SSF4 is on the way so I guess its a good time to do something different and encourage, motivat players to fight for life. xD

I agree with Mason about the Nationals being a higher price as it IS a professional tournament. It will solve alot of our finance issues.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Kinetic_IQ

Sign me up. I'm just keen to support the scene personally. $20 for a offline jam against all the usual beasts is all good with me ;D
Formerly manawakore. Had to switch it up.

zos'la

Quote from: manawakore on February 26, 2010, 09:02:20 AM
Sign me up. I'm just keen to support the scene personally. $20 for a offline jam against all the usual beasts is all good with me ;D

Updated on teh discussion thread, thanks for the support.

I'll also add that if we get over 26 Entrants which we may or may not, I give a $5 discount to every entrant on entry fee which makes it only $30 per team. As this should be enought for an okay cash prize along with sponsor prizes and to enable me to pay of the venue.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 25, 2010, 07:44:55 PM
lol richard warped into the umans body and did the post of fury right there.
The U man approves
Pretty much an Oleet post right there. Oleet approves.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Birry Wong is glad more people are talking in 3rd person perspective. Birry Wong approves.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

iMagneto

Skullator

Sweet, look forward to workin with ya!

By the by, anyone wanna recommend me a parking spot for this? Doesn't matter if it's expensive like in some parking building, convenience \ easy to find is the key.

fluxcore

I usually park at the Aotea center. Right in the middle of the CBD, and it's $8 all day on weekends.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

iMagneto