• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland Giga SF4 2v2 Team Tournament: 12.00PM - 6.00PM Sat 6th Mar 2010

Started by zos'la, February 20, 2010, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Quote from: Skullator on March 04, 2010, 12:45:47 PM
I can Chunderstand why you would think that, but you better believe my man Aesop has helped broaden my thighs to chunbelievable dimensions.

And theres a rule 1 team has to have 2 diff characters yea?
If Sagat Sagat \ Ryu Ryu teams are in, I'll probably be bald by the time the tournament is over hahahaha.

I love those quotes HAHAHHA

I do agree with the same char is a bit lame for a 2v2 but with our current scene we don't really have teh strenght to make everyone have a different char... thats why I mention you can have teh same char on one team.

Why would you say this is going to be a sagay tournament? is sagay that hard? I mean at our current level in gameplay I have yet to see a sagay that actually whipps everyones ass with no tomorrow. He is not unstopable, just learn to play the gay style :)

So what would you guys vote for?

Ben Can you explain how the best of 2 rounds 2 game match goes?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

massi4h

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I agree on the best of 3 format aswell.

And its the same as the format youve got andy, but instead of being whoever wins 3 rounds out of 5 takes the game, its whoever wins 2 out of 3.

Likewise, whoever wins 2/3 games wins the set.

I think it works better for 2v2 as well, since then each team member has an equal part in the match if one of them loses. With a best of 5 setup, it means one player ends up playing more than the other one if they lose. Which doesnt seem quite right. Its not BAD, its just not quite right.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 04, 2010, 01:59:28 PM
I agree on the best of 3 format aswell.

And its the same as the format youve got andy, but instead of being whoever wins 3 rounds out of 5 takes the game, its whoever wins 2 out of 3.

Likewise, whoever wins 2/3 games wins the set.

I think it works better for 2v2 as well, since then each team member has an equal part in the match if one of them loses. With a best of 5 setup, it means one player ends up playing more than the other one if they lose. Which doesnt seem quite right. Its not BAD, its just not quite right.

hmm sounds good and can be considered of course.

What I mean by 5 rounds is that we have ONE game but set the count of rounds to 5. One player must win 5 rounds in order to win that game adn they ONLY have ONE game. This I thought to be quicker?

Let me know what you guys prefer, as we can change this as we please to suit the tournament and players.

Skullator

It's too hard to say which is better, doing games and sets I think is more forgiving, but also more complicated to spectate\manage and slower....

Either option is good imo.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The way i invisioned it was:

There are two players on each team. Player A, and Player B on one team, and Player 1 and Player 2 on the other team.

Games are best of 3. (ie. first player to win 2 rounds wins the game. Obviously)

• Player A sits down to fight Player 1.

• Player A wins the game.

• Player A goes on to fight Player 2.

• Player 2 wins the game.

• Player B steps up to fight Player 2.

• Player B wins -> Team A+B wins the set.

• Repeat until one team has won 2 sets.

Are you thinking the same thing, except best of 5, and no repeated sets?

That would be quicker, but i dunno. Something about best of 5 doesnt sit right with me.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Or do this way:

Team 1 Player A plays against Team 2 Player A
Team 1 Player B plays against Team 2 Player B

If Team 1 wins both matches Team 1win, If Team 2 wins both matches Team 2 Wins.

If bothh Teams win 1 game each, then the winners from each team face off to determine who is the overall winner of the set.

That is a quick easy method.  Nuff said.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 04, 2010, 02:23:32 PM
  • Player B wins -> Team A+B wins the set.
  • Repeat until one team has won 2 sets.

Sounds dumb to me lol, SBO is more dramatic to watch
(Bam your done son, you aint getting back in that chair, no second chances)

My vote is with smoof, exactly like SBO... but really that also means no team stacking double characters... but I get the point about our community not being strong enough. Perhaps Nzism members can't team stack, but teams which include a competitor who doesn't use this forum can? How does that sound?

I'm sure at the end of the day we can all agree on it being lame...

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on March 04, 2010, 02:28:01 PM
Or do this way:

Team 1 Player A plays against Team 2 Player A
Team 1 Player B plays against Team 2 Player B

If Team 1 wins both matches Team 1win, If Team 2 wins both matches Team 2 Wins.

If bothh Teams win 1 game each, then the winners from each team face off to determine who is the overall winner of the set.

That is a quick easy method.  Nuff said.

This si exactly what I have planned for us.

so for example:
Team 1 Player A plays against Team 2 Player A - Team 1 play A wins, the match consist of the below rounds:

just like the finals in world champs SF4 in San francisco

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That makes sense, but that is waaaaaaay too many rounds for my liking.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

That is just fucking ridiculous!  Keep all the games best 2 of 3 rounds and the finals 3 of 5.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[8-----D] Toots

Definitely don't go with that format . It favours characters who benefit from having lots of super metre. Please no.

Just as long as its 2/3 round games I will be happy. Single elim is great when you have a skilled community. Not so much for a community as small and well...lacking as ours.

zos'la

Quote from: Toomeke on March 04, 2010, 03:10:36 PM
Definitely don't go with that format . It favours characters who benefit from having lots of super metre. Please no.

Just as long as its 2/3 round games I will be happy. Single elim is great when you have a skilled community. Not so much for a community as small and well...lacking as ours.

hmmm
okok lets hear more from the others and we decide ok xD either way is fine for me. let the boyz vote