• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Giga SF4 Fortnightlty Ranbats - Next Ranbat on Friday April the Sixteenth!!!

Started by zos'la, February 23, 2010, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Unless I haven't been updated, the ranbats are use to seed some people for the up coming Nats?

As I believe previous Nats\Tournaments are used to seed also? or am I wrong xD
even if I am doesn't matter, get more games^^
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

The Ranbats are for a "qualifying" Spot.

Being seeded is different altogether. 

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

How are we doing the seeding then? 

God. This is going to be a can of worms. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

of course,
But I am on the right tract in saying I should be seeded correct? I am sure at least the top 4 from Nats?
Though as I said either way it don't bother me as being not seeded we get more games!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on April 06, 2010, 03:53:47 PM
of course,
But I am on the right tract in saying I should be seeded correct? I am sure at least the top 4 from Nats?
Though as I said either way it don't bother me as being not seeded we get more games!!!

One could argue that the last nats was SF4, and we wont be playing SF4 at this years nats. New game, new seeds.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 06, 2010, 04:00:54 PM
One could argue that the last nats was SF4, and we wont be playing SF4 at this years nats. New game, new seeds.

LOL! Yeah I like this reasoning, because it has connotations for the people complaining about us considering ranbats with SF4.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on April 06, 2010, 04:20:39 PM
LOL! Yeah I like this reasoning, because it has connotations for the people complaining about us considering ranbats with SF4.

Yea i get what you mean. And i think everyone understands where those people are coming from. I was worried about posting it tbh. But at least ranbats carry over into SSF4. And realistically, we will have had what? 3 ranbats by the time super drops? Thats not that much. If the game is different enough for other people to start climbing the ranks, then they will do so accordingly.

But seeding an EXCLUSIVELY SSF4 tourney based on an EXCLUSIVELY SF4 tourney is where I would personally draw the line.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Seeding is how the bracket is being set up, EG so you dont have all the alleged best players knocking each other out in the first round or two of the tourney.

Automatic Qualification means that the person will automatically miss all pool games, and go straight to the top 16 of the tournament.

Yeah you most likely will be seeded, as will anyone else who has ever been in an NZism tournament, which means sweet fuck all tbh, but you arent gonna be qualifying for a top spot unless you win the ranbats season.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

man but theres nothing better then comming through pools and winning...so much fun lahh
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I wouldnt mind seeing an entrant from Hamilton/Wellington/Chch allowed into the top 16, or at least given a seed for the main tourney.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I wouldn't mind it either, if there was evidence that they deserved it.

Perhaps time will tell?

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

iMagneto

having issues loading up to youtube... it looks like ive been hacked!!
no password doesnt even exist no more FUCK!!