• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Giga SF4 Fortnightlty Ranbats - Next Ranbat on Friday April the Sixteenth!!!

Started by zos'la, February 23, 2010, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Lenny is my daddy mac, and I am his pussy willow.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

electric

Alright... RANBATS TONIGHT! GET FUCKING HYPE

What time are people turning up ? I want to get some casuals in beforehand seeing as the last time I played on 360 (Nats) I dropped every combo imaginable
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Some of us are gonna turn up bout 3ish.

Remember guys Ranbats starts at 6-45PM sharp!!!

Bring sticks!!!  And if anyone else has a VGA chord for xbox bring that too!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Rorooze

Quote from: electric on April 02, 2010, 12:15:11 PM
Alright... RANBATS TONIGHT! GET FUCKING HYPE

What time are people turning up ? I want to get some casuals in beforehand seeing as the last time I played on 360 (Nats) I dropped every combo imaginable

IM MOTHER FUCKING HYPE!!!

I'll turn up around 3ish!

karizzma

Unfortunately I won't be able to show up tonight. Sorry guys but... gogogogog team SAS!!

Lennysaurus

Great Turnout!!! 26 People!!!

Sorry guys about how long it took.  And thanks for being patient.  Definitely not doing double elim next time If there are that many people.

Date updated for next one!  I'll have the results thread updated either Monday or Tuesday!

Big ups to the new guys that were there!!! Sign up for sure and keep coming along!  Always good to have new faces!

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Sorry about leaving without saying anything guys, I thought people might stay back and play some casual games just like last time. So I was planning to go feed my stomach first and come back to you guys.

oh well...... Good games to everyone that I played. I had lot of fun (except for the waiting time, lol). I will definitely show up for the next one !!

geneterror

Bummed I couldn't make it after all but I was feeling sick and had a migraine all afternoon.

26 people! Looks like there will be some good turnouts from now on then. Can we get a second setup going or did you guys already have 2 yesterday?
KOW 2011

electric

Ughh... I played like a scrub :(

I dropped every combo (again) and then got super nervous because shit wasn't coming out and ended up missing that ultra punish on Mike LOL... that was fucking terrible

I think I need an Xbox... but good luck getting that one past the missus :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on April 03, 2010, 07:55:50 AM
Bummed I couldn't make it after all but I was feeling sick and had a migraine all afternoon.

26 people! Looks like there will be some good turnouts from now on then. Can we get a second setup going or did you guys already have 2 yesterday?

Tonight we were using a VGA cable on the setup, and only had one of them.  For consistency's sake I didn't want to do another setup on a potentially less enviable setup.  Speaking of which anyone got any feedbackl on how it felt playing on the VGA setup as opposed to the Component like last fortnight?  Thos of us that were there when we swapped over from component to VGA earlier in the arfternoon definitely noticed a difference.

Also Graham do you have a home number you can PM me?  I got some stuff I'd lake to ask you about.

Once again guys, big apologies from me for deciding to go double elim, this will definitely not happen again.

HoneyBadger

I say it was decent. Heaps better than any of the other setups for sure.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Rorooze

Cheers lenny for organising and running it. Double elim did take ages but I think its better from a ranking perspective. If the RANBATS aren't going to be seeded then you'll end up with Cody/Hue or whatever playing first game and then one of them will be ranked bottom for that week, doesn't really make sense..

Run two set ups with double elim, next time I'll grab my VGA not component/RCA cable so we'll have two set ups the same.

BTW, who won?

Oh and thanks for the games guys, jack, you're a rapist.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea, despite me dropping my RSF's, it felt a lot better on the VGA than it does normally.

Was really fun as per usual. Glad i improved as the tourney went on. A few mistakes meant i couldn't quite keep up with Jay's boxer though, but all in all im pretty happy.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.