• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XIII

Started by samurai black, February 23, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

samurai black

surprise surprise kula is the last member of team k'

geneterror

Quote from: fluxcore on May 14, 2010, 09:41:00 AM

finals of some gamespot japanese tourney or something

game looks ok... nothing amazing...
That background looks amazing though! All I want is for this to actually play like a KOF which is where the last one failed. This looks like it plays like KOF2002 and that's what I want, gameplay like 2002 but with graphics that look like they were made this century ;D

I know an online community for this is to much to ask for :'( I'm sure I can con Richard, Lenny and Bill into playing this at my place though and I know Steve will be keen 8)
KOW 2011

fluxcore

I dunno, this doesn't look anywhere near as exciting as 2k2 was. It does look more KoF than XII did though.

As for online, going on precedent, it won't be the people that will be the problem, it'll be the netcode!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on May 15, 2010, 07:12:38 AM
I know an online community for this is to much to ask for :'( I'm sure I can con Richard, Lenny and Bill into playing this at my place though and I know Steve will be keen 8)

YES.

failing that, we can always play kof xi on ps2 :P

Quote from: fluxcore on May 15, 2010, 09:11:28 AM
As for online, going on precedent, it won't be the people that will be the problem, it'll be the netcode!

i heard somewhere they're making an effort to not have shit netcode. cant prove it though, so it might be just more lies.

gunsmoke

Quote from: geneterror on May 15, 2010, 07:12:38 AM
That background looks amazing though! All I want is for this to actually play like a KOF which is where the last one failed. This looks like it plays like KOF2002 and that's what I want, gameplay like 2002 but with graphics that look like they were made this century ;D

N me ??? :'(
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

HoneyBadger

If Yifans gets it I will play hahahahahaha
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

in case others havent seen it yet. dunno why it hasnt been posted yet.

skip to about 3:34 for the actual gameplay.

@ 3:34 - robert/yuri/kyo vs kim/kensou/iori - this one is kinda boring.
@ 8:21 - k'/king/beni vs terry/ryo/kyo - k' looks awesome as always :D you get to see some custom combo-y ish from kyo round the 11:00 mark too
@ 12:51 - robert/yuri/kyo vs athena/elizabeth/ash - elizabeth looks alot better than she was in XII
@ 17:05 - kula/duo/raiden vs terry/ryo/kyo - kula doesnt do much here, just gets kicked in the face by terry and then duo sweeps.
@ 21:17 - kim/takuma/iori vs athena/mature/elizabeth - mature doesnt look too different as far as gameplay goes. takuma looks BEAST... well for one round anyway. seems super easy for elizabeth to connect her super
@ 25:26 - clark/k'/beni vs duo/kula/raiden - at about 29:00 beni zaps himself with ligthning. anyone know what it does? angry scar type of move?

yar.

CrazyMobius

Holy Cow Hwa Jai is in the roster! Haven't seen him since Fatal Fury 1! And Yuri too. Actually I might get this!

samurai black

dark ash boss battle. dunno how i feel about blackface :/

gunsmoke

:o

look mean ya....n similar enter to da full alchemist world lol ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

CptMunta

I played it today at club Sega and did okay vs some random guy.

I only had one game and thought it played awesome. Kinda reminds me a bit os CVS2 for some reason. Will be going back tomorrow to play at Club Sega akihabara. They had it at Taito HEY too but the comp and line was crazy.

The palletes for your characters are pretty creative and the game moves fast and looks mint as! Backgrounds also look great. It's lost all of 12's shittiness and plays bananas good so far.

Gonna try again tomorrow. My team was Kim, Ryo and Takuma.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

samurai black

read up on mature and go for her infinite :D

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CptMunta on September 30, 2010, 03:30:54 AM
I played it today at club Sega and did okay vs some random guy.

I only had one game and thought it played awesome. Kinda reminds me a bit os CVS2 for some reason. Will be going back tomorrow to play at Club Sega akihabara. They had it at Taito HEY too but the comp and line was crazy.

The palletes for your characters are pretty creative and the game moves fast and looks mint as! Backgrounds also look great. It's lost all of 12's shittiness and plays bananas good so far.

Gonna try again tomorrow. My team was Kim, Ryo and Takuma.

Again, too lucky.