• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

King Of Fighters XIII

Started by samurai black, February 23, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCOABC

Quote from: samurai black on September 30, 2010, 10:41:17 AM
read up on mature and go for her infinite :D

The game just received a new update patch from what I've read.  Glitches and infinities gone.  So far no reports of any other changes but could be too early to say.  Apparently the update was only implemented a few days ago.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Getting the hang of this a bit better.

For some reason im having real trouble with Duo Lon's rekkas. The timing is quite strange. Should be the easiest thing in the world but i think i must be spastic mashing or something.

In other news, the combo/EX/drive cancel system is really easy to get into. Managed to land a beast 80% combo with Andy vs the CPU today. And they seem really practical as well. Im gonna try some sweet hyper drive cancels tonight when i head back down there. From the vids ive watched that shit leads to awesome loops/MASSIVE damage.

The dropkick is pretty fucked though. And raiden can juggle a power bomb off of it, as well as punch -> dropkick -> punch -> dropkick.

All the grapplers can do cool stuff. Clark did his autocombo into some kind of air throw on me. I can see im going to be investing A LOT of time into this game.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sweet Alan. This thread appears to be appropriately titled.

Fuck. Cant land that cool 80% combo with Andy again. And my KOF basics have gone to shit. Cody was giving me the smash at yifans today.

Fuck this game is way more fun than SF4.

Some of the alternate colours are awesome. (Microsoft K' is so hideous its awesome) If you hit start at the palette select screen, some characters have like 10 extra colours.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

_b

I'll merge your other post in here too.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

It's at Yifan's? Awesome! missed it by a couple of weeks. Will have to check it out next time I'm up north. Hopefully Arcade Edition is out by then too.  8)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I actually am really enjoying this game eh. WAAAAAY moreso than with SF4. Also, in traditional SNK fashion, the bosses are gay.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

What a surprise birry, it's a game where attacking is encouraged!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

SO tell me Bill.  Is drop kick everything I had hoped it would be?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Cant play Raiden to save my own ass. But it seems pretty fucking good.

Ive decided that a guard bar should be in every single fighting game in the world. THATS RIGHT KEEP TURTLING YOU FUCKING WUSSBAGS
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

so how do these drive cancels work bill? i know they use the drive meter, but thats it.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

You pretty much just do another special move during a special move, and it hits.

Eg. Andy can combo C -> f.A -> hcf+k -> qcf+p. The hcf+k -> qcf+p is a drive cancel, but you dont have to do anything special. Also, you CANT drive cancel on block.

Hyper drive cancels are a bit more like max mode/FADC. when you activate EX mode or whatever its called in a combo, your character does a forward dash, which you can cancel with a move Again, heres an Andy example.

C -> f.A -> (3 buttons to activate EX mode)-> C -> f.A ->hcf+k -> qcf+p xx qcb hcf+k xx qcb hcf + AC

The hyper drive cancel to go into EX mode allows Andy to combo a second C -> f.A and also gives him access to his qcb hcf + AC neomax super, which he can cancel his normal super into, much like a kofxi dream cancel.

Actually, drive cancels can basically be summed up as dream cancels, but for special moves.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Takuma has da coolest Anbu Mask.....Yea.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Nick4now

I really wanna get into this game. Can't wait to try it out when I'm there this December  :)

Anyways Bill, I was reading that you've got unlimited amout of Drive Cancels for a period of time while the Hyper Drive meter is full but is that the only time you can cancel? Sorry if that's a KOF noob question, never really played any of the KOFs much except for KOF98.... But I'm total scrub at that and am keen to get an ass whooping at that on GGPO sometime if anyone is keen  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

samurai black

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on November 02, 2010, 10:34:00 PM
You pretty much just do another special move during a special move, and it hits.

oh so a bit like MAX mode in 02. cool beans