• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MVC3 Pre-release thread

Started by xpunch, April 08, 2010, 09:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

5 players per team, 2 at screen on once, 6 attack buttons, 2 assist buttons (pressing A1+A2 works as A3), TE stick required. Switch between left stick and dpad to control which character (when one is controlled other is greyed out kinda like in Ikaruga) or right stick controls both at the same time. Press all 8 buttons at once for a QHC (Quintuple Hyper Combo). When all 3 players QHC at once, the one with the fastest button mash wins the game.

I'd play that.

stereomonkey

Quote from: samurai black on April 19, 2010, 10:03:03 PM
well the only really bad SF characters in MvC2 are dan and gief. if theyre no good on point then they usually have decent assist and vice versa. and you can almost make gief useable with mech assist. otoko michi and invincibility on every 4th uppercut cant save dan.

I mean there is nothing "awesome" about them except for Dan's Otoko Michi.  Bring a couple of the SF characters back aand more from their other franchises.

And no one cares what you think Mason :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Skullator

Quote from: massi4h on April 19, 2010, 11:35:17 PM
the one with the fastest button mash wins the game.

Lol you wouldn't be very good at that game.

maelgrim

Even if they gave all  the SF chars a massive boost so come EVO and other events thats all everyone used, i'd still struggle to pick them because compared with the supers they are pretty boring.

MvC3 will be awesome, but I would prefer just M :)  or the holy grail that would be MvDC.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

just make it hyper bishi bashi imo

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

bishi bashi marvel vs capcom.....gangsta....

id get the mean zumba abdominals from a game like that gyeah gyeah
The New Generation Clockw0rk

massi4h

Quote from: Skullator on April 20, 2010, 08:25:49 AM
Lol you wouldn't be very good at that game.
You want me to pull out some numbers from keyboard mash bitch?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

There must be one of those flash applications that tells you how fast you mashed in a set amount of time. Someone should find it and we can put the 'who mashes best' argument to rest.

And then Ioane can come and make us all look like scrubs (at mashing)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 20, 2010, 06:13:30 AM
I mean there is nothing "awesome" about them except for Dan's Otoko Michi.  Bring a couple of the SF characters back aand more from their other franchises.

chuns infinites, kens glitched air tatsu, fucking shin shoryuken. theres plenty awesome about them.... its just alot of the marvel characters have more awesome :(

although it would be nice of capcom to use more of their other franchises

Skullator

Quote from: massi4h on April 20, 2010, 11:34:42 AM
You want me to pull out some numbers from keyboard mash bitch?

Nice spending years on pokemon button mash records, only to have me play twice, and beat your record twice.

Chuckk

being good at button mashing is like winning the retard olympics bro.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: boringryu on April 20, 2010, 12:55:16 PM
being good at button mashing is like winning the retard olympics bro.

8 hit glitched juggernaut headcrushes, 75 hit silver samurai lightning supers, and half of all the other shit in MVC2 would all like a word with you.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

i thikn hes right bill. at least in regards to mason and skull  :D

fluxcore

mashing out of hypergrav tempest is still one of the most rewarding things in a fighting game for me
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Yeah I did and I beat Skull at it.

Keyboard Mash: http://www.facebook.com/#!/apps/application.php?id=317948833105&ref=ts

2 tests, 1 button and 6 button.

Use an arcade stick and map 6 buttons only with xpadder. Play this game and see your results. I actually wanna challenge Ioane. I can do 30 hit Chun Super in xmen consistently even on shitty arcade buttons and 8 hit juggs as well. I got 240 for the 1 button can't remember what I got for 6.