• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

The 'What are you playing right now?' Thread

Started by redtie, April 12, 2010, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

gave the goldeneye remake on the wii a jam, and imo its pretty awesome.

dont really play alot of fps games since they all kinda bore me, but this one is fun. bit fiddly on the nunchuk+remote controls. might be a little better with the zapper but i have no idea where i put mine. and not really feeling the GC controller for it either. wonder if they classic controller pro is better or something.

havent gotten that far into it, the levels are much longer than expected and im also terrible. just really liking the re-imagining for all of it. only complaint are the takedowns, which gets kinda disorienting at times.

Filter

that was fun with 2 or 3 players too. and online was pretty good even tho i got wasted constantly coz I suck at it.

CptMunta

Streets of Rage Remake v5

The best beat em up I've ever played. Really really polished fan made tribute to the sor games. Sadly Sega shut them down :( but you can find it pretty easy on the internet.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

Finished Yakuza 4 a while ago.  Story was good but damn the gameplay is kaka as.

Now playing Two Worlds 2 making beast wizard/mage dude.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

So I have never really played Dota or any of those types of games.  Then last night I went to my brother's place to catch up with him and see how he is.  he showed me this free game called league of Legends, that is basically a new Dota, and shit is it rad.

Never realised how fun those games are till now.  I've been using Nunu, who is a toddler rifing on a Yeti lol.

Anyone else play this?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

scribble

That's funny, just yeaterday I found some random League of Legends patch preview vid on youtube and thought it looked pretty cool. Was thinking of giving it a crack.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

HoneyBadger

You guys should get HoN and play with the other dudes from NZism instead. Hit Bill up for some 30 days free or w/e
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

Nah, LoL is free haha.

What's the difference between them?  Fon is flatting with me now and he was telling me after playing it for a while that he likes LoL.

JackSmash

All these games are just ripoffs of Dota..............................
In other words, play Dota Lenny.

karizzma

Nah dota is old. Plus it is a game that was never built for the specific reason of dota. It should be lets play Warcraft 3's custom map dota. I think both LoL and HoN are great games. I would be tempted to put HoN in front though just for the fact that it looks a lot "cleaner" than LoL in its layout and everything. But LoL has a lot more going for it in the competitive sense ESL, WCG etc.

HoneyBadger

Honestly DotA is still better in terms of hero variety and balance. I'd be playing DotA if these cunts didn't refuse to play. The problem with LoL is you have to consider the cash transactions that go along with it. If you want to play a game for the sake of it being an e-sport I'd suggest not playing any of these and getting into SC2. The problem with HoN is that the devs don't entirely know how to balance things properly and there are a lot of heroes who are good just because they don't have any real counters like they do in DotA.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

Quote from: HoneyBadger on April 27, 2011, 07:07:29 PM
Honestly DotA is still better in terms of hero variety and balance. I'd be playing DotA if these cunts didn't refuse to play. The problem with LoL is you have to consider the cash transactions that go along with it. If you want to play a game for the sake of it being an e-sport I'd suggest not playing any of these and getting into SC2. The problem with HoN is that the devs don't entirely know how to balance things properly and there are a lot of heroes who are good just because they don't have any real counters like they do in DotA.

My understanding with the cash transactions is that you only have to use them for the extra skins, and that you can buy characters with the ip points that you earn by just playing the game.

I like the cartoony look of it, and apparently it is pretty easy to learn, so I'll rock it and maybe play HoN with everyone else when I get the hang of playing this type of game.

What sort of characters are there to play in HoN?  I really Like Nunu (The boy riding the yeti) and Twitch(A rat with a gun).

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Id rather be killed by someone out skilling me in HoN than by someone who bought all their shit with IRL money in LoL. Does Fon prefer LoL to HoN?

Hon is like $30. Harden the fuck up. And yea, I think i have like 5 10 game trials to give out. Ill have a look.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

The only thing that makes it better for people who pay in LoL is that you can get the heroes earlier. Eventually you can earn them all and they put up a selection of heroes every week for you to pick from for free.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Looks like you dont need trial keys for hon anymore. You can just make trial accounts.

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/trial.php
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.