• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

SSF4 release 27th April FIRSTGAMES

Started by zos'la, April 20, 2010, 07:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

First games are getting this on the 27th April, for those who are keen to get this early here it is :)
I'll try to get them to throw in something or give us discounts for these as other places are doing the same.
Will update post when I get confirmation ^^
And please, if you do order, let them know its from NZISM. It helps for future sponsorships.

thanks.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

I went on their website and it still says 29th. Do we have to say something special to them?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

I heard international copies will have problems with existing DLC or something.. so I'm skeptic about buying early.

geneterror

International copies will have problems with existing SF4 DLC if that DLC was purchased from the NZ Playstation store like mine was. It won't recognise it. I have tested this with LBP and Disgaea DLC as I had spare money on my U.S account and none of the DLC worked on my NZ versions of the games.

If you don't already have any DLC then feel free to buy the U.S version, it just means if you decide to get costumes or whatever DLC they come up with at a later date you will have to buy it fom the U.S store which means having to buy a U.S PSN card and loading that onto a U.S account on your PS3. It also sounds like they have started to lock this (to prevent game sharing) with the most recent update so buy a U.S/International version at your own risk.

If you know you are never going to want any of the DLC though you can grab a U.S/International copy with no worries
KOW 2011

zos'la

so in short, if you want DLC then go for the europe version which we have in NZ?
But if you dun mind about DLC (me) then you can get teh international version :) and get the game earl :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The tournament mode DLC sounds inriguing. Worth waiting 3 more days imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 20, 2010, 10:38:28 AM
The tournament mode DLC sounds inriguing. Worth waiting 3 more days imo.

+1. Plus all the talk of it possibly being balance patchable makes getting an import version all but useless.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Quote from: zosla on April 20, 2010, 10:26:35 AM
so in short, if you want DLC then go for the europe version which we have in NZ?
But if you dun mind about DLC (me) then you can get teh international version :) and get the game earl :P
That pretty much sums it up. I don't mind waiting 'til the 30th (which is a Friday) anyway because even if I got it Weds I wouldn't have time to sit down and play properly 'til the Friday anyway so I'm not losing any play time by waiting a couple of days.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Quote from: electric on April 20, 2010, 10:46:08 AM
+1. Plus all the talk of it possibly being balance patchable makes getting an import version all but useless.
Shouldn't balance patch be made to everyone? like an overall update? or does it work like a DLC where its region specific?

electric

Quote from: zosla on April 20, 2010, 11:40:23 AM
Shouldn't balance patch be made to everyone? like an overall update? or does it work like a DLC where its region specific?

I assume balance patches will be distributed via DLC - just like the Championship Mode update for SF4 which took away Fei Longs infinite chicken wing loops on Abel and Seth. If you can't apply the DLC, then you can't get the patches.

You'd have to create a new user account, with a US address and a US credit card/PSN network card just to download the FREE DLC. Seems like a ton of work for not much gain, IMO.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Quote from: electric on April 20, 2010, 11:43:56 AM
I assume balance patches will be distributed via DLC - just like the Championship Mode update for SF4 which took away Fei Longs infinite chicken wing loops on Abel and Seth. If you can't apply the DLC, then you can't get the patches.

You'd have to create a new user account, with a US address and a US credit card/PSN network card just to download the FREE DLC. Seems like a ton of work for not much gain, IMO.
IC,
I am talking to FirstGames with regards to such issue.

Chuckk

yeah patches and DLC will still be available, you will just have to make an account to buy them from, either US, or possibly a Hong Kong account, knowing firstgames.

I brought tekken from there and it is not the US version, it's the english asian version which I think DLC is supported from Hong Kong.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

geneterror

Yeah I got KOFXIII from First Games and it's the Chinese version. I've tried making a Chinese account but I can't read anything so I gave up.

The guy from First Games (Stan?) told me they were going to sort it out so that their website tells you what region you are getting but they never have.
I don't mind getting the U.S version of stuff as long as I know what I'm getting in advance but getting the Japanese/Chinese version makes it hard to get DLC down the line because I personally can't use their PSN stores.
KOW 2011

zos'la

OK I have some good news.
Spoke to Stan from FirstGames and he says there will be no problems with teh DLC as you can purchase the PSN card from him, $10 -$50 or whatever. All you need to do is create a new user account on your PS3 called i.e AndyUSA with your region as US, then punch in the PSN code from the PSN card you get from him (he's got tons) and walla downlaod your content!!!

ONTOP of this a few thigns for the Europe release, due to the recent Volcanic eruption in Iceland everything (stocks) included have been delayed until further notice. First game had their Europe copies of SSF4 ordered but been told it will be delayed along with others, even if it clears up end of this week there will be a ton of shipments that requires to go out so there will be lots of delay, so keep this in mind that the Europe release can potentially be late.

So to sum this up, you don't need a credit or a US address blah blah, just create a new user account on ur PS3 -> make the region US -> punch in your PSN card code and then you away to download the contents.

P.S, if I am wrong anywhere above, please correct me^^

oh and his SSF4 US stock are arriving Monday\Tuesday next week :)

Hope this helps to clear things up.

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on April 20, 2010, 01:07:03 PM
Yeah I got KOFXIII from First Games and it's the Chinese version. I've tried making a Chinese account but I can't read anything so I gave up.

look at this time traveller  ;D