• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Good luck guys. Especially nick4now repping the south island!

Also congrats chuckk for making 3S finals. Also south island champ sorta :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Rorooze

Top 16 ssf4

Jacksmash, Gankatron, Simonfish, massiah, Lenny (dhalsim), zosla (ryu), weazzy (bison), crazykiller (various?), crazymobius (dhalsim + blanka?), rob (balrog), skullator (chun), imagneto (bison), rumble (guile), heberetto (bison)

I can't remember the other two, was it hydro (rose) and karizzma (elf)?

HDR winners final is stereomonkey + kingpicollo, losers semi is imagneto vs nick4now???? I might be wrong on the loser semi though.

Will

What time is 2moro going to be finished up by? I wanna see big screen action, also did any of the matches get recorded through a capture card?
Learning....

Rorooze

I left at around 5:00 but the marvel tourney was going till 6pm.

Tomorrow starts at 9:30 am, there is the top16 double elim ssf4 bracket, top 4 T6/HDR/3S to be played, and the remaining games of marvel.

How ever long that all takes :p

Hydro

Quote from: Rorooze on August 21, 2010, 10:09:47 PM
Top 16 ssf4

Jacksmash, Gankatron, Simonfish, massiah, Lenny (dhalsim), zosla (ryu), weazzy (bison), crazykiller (various?), crazymobius (dhalsim + blanka?), rob (balrog), skullator (chun), imagneto (bison), rumble (guile), heberetto (bison)

I can't remember the other two, was it hydro (rose) and karizzma (elf)?

HDR winners final is stereomonkey + kingpicollo, losers semi is imagneto vs nick4now???? I might be wrong on the loser semi though.

wait. . .what? am I still in this??? Better make plans to head in tomorrow now! :D

Rorooze

Bro I can't remember the last two people. Check with Lenny, he has the brackets :p

samurai black

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Hydrokinetic on August 21, 2010, 11:21:58 PM
wait. . .what? am I still in this??? Better make plans to head in tomorrow now! :D

Sorry Hydro, by the time you had text me I had already left the venue.  I left all my equipment there, as I couldn't lug it all home with me on the bus.

But after looking at the list that Rory made the other two that made it in were definitely Karizzma, and also Kevin.

Really tired atm, will post more tomorrow night after its all completed.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: samurai black on August 22, 2010, 12:19:19 AM
UMEHALA IS AT LEAST 4TH IN MARVEL YEAH

THA MAN

if someone sees this before the end of the day, can someone please post up the finalists list for 2day puleeeeez
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Rorooze

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

Lennysaurus

Holy crap... so much awesomeness compacted into 2 days.  I’m at work at the moment so I’ll put a proper results thread up in the tournament results thread later on.  But there are a few things I want to say.

First off I have to make a huge apology to the guys that were affected by the stuff up in the bracket.  I will be having a look at the spreadsheets etc and trying to figure out why it happened so that I can pass it on to the next person to run something so that it doesn’t happen again.  In particular I want to apologise to Simon (Crazymobius) who was royally screwed by not being entered in the HDR tournament.  My tournament, my stuff up, I’ll be looking to make good by you in the future be assured.

Big apology to the MVC2 players.  I had said that it would be played on Dreamcast, but I stuffed up in estimating how long Third Strike was going to take.  So you guys ended up having to play the crappy XBOX360 version.  Once again really sorry guys.

So after the negative stuff I’d like to focus a little on the positives.  First up thanks heaps to the guys that brought stuff for everyone to use.  Without people you guys this wouldn’t have happened.  This includes people lending their consoles, sticks, VGA chords, etc etc...  In particular want to point out that Heb basically provided most of our filming stuff for the day, and he brought it from Sydney!!! WHAT A CHAMP!

Special thanks to Ben (TooMeke) for basically running the Third Strike tourney for us and dragging a big fucking TV to the venue to play on.

A suuuuuuuper massive thanks to Rory (Rorooze) for basically running the first day.  He is obviously gifted at this sort of thing and I’m sure that anything he runs is in good hands (hint hint).  In fact he is so good at it, that I was basically relegated to walking round and yelling at people hahahaha.

Thanks also to the guys that helped as well, with judging and other organising Ioane, Mason, Euan, Thomas, Bill, Fong, come to mind although I probably missed out a few.

Big ups to the guys that actually travelled far for the event!  The welly boys, Martin, Nick, Yang, Ioane, BBoy!!!  You guys are awesome, and it’s great to see the commitment you have!  Knowing that there are people travelling form so far to be there makes the event even more special.

Um some more shoutouts!!!

First Weazzey Mother Fucking EFFFF!!! Dude finally backed up a little of the shit that he is always talking on this forum.  Although you lost the money match to Andy, you played really well today, and every match you played was Hype!

The guys who played in all of the finals:  You guys made the event awesome to watch!!!  Sooo many awesome games with some crazy good play!

Simon and Kevin!!! Thanks for knocking me out of the damn tournament you rat bastards!!! Hahahahaha!!  But seriously I really enjoyed playing you guys, and it made me feel good to be at the point of a tournament where I get to go toe to toe with you both!!!  Same to you too Andy!!!

On that note, big shout outs to everyone that I played n the tourney!  I had heaps of fun, and really really enjoyed every single match!

Shout outs to the guys that came to the buffet on the Saturday night!!  Was awesomely epic!  I beasted those oysters hahahaha!  And OMFG Euan is a buffet monster, I swear to god!!  IIRC he had an entree, 3 big plates of mains, and 3 helpings of dessert.  I couldn’t fucking believe it!

Also another shout out to the guys that encouraged me and gave me support during before, and after my games.  Made me play better!

Shout outs to the Giga guy!!!  The dude behind the counter both days was pretty awesome!  He helped out with chords and stuff to the MAX!

And my last shout out is of course to everyone here at Nzism regardless of whether or not you were able to join in on the event!  This community is sooo awesome, and going to events like this and seeing that awesomeness makes everything worthwhile.  Thanks to this place I know that I have made some lifelong friends, which is something that in my opinion is woprth all the shit-talking, arguments over tiers, BIRRY WONG!!!! Banners, Weazzey/Andy shit talk, and pointless ranting that we endure in this place.

See you fools on the flipside.

P.S.:  I know I said I won’t be organising, but I think I may have something epic up my sleeves.  Will keep you guys posted!!!  HAHAHAHAHA!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

Yeah was really an awesome event. I was gonna say Ben needs props for his input on the 3S part of the tourney. Was definitely a big highlight seeing the finals on the Big Screen. Simonfishe's Makoto juggles especially. And yeah awesome to see those Welly dudes make it all the way up for this. Good on Chuck especially for making the top 4.

My votes for MVPs go to Skullator - Amazing Chun and composure. All your matches were on point and some were even whitewashes. And also Weazey, yeah really impressed with your games throughout the weekend.

As for HDR was pretty pissed about that but I think that actually helped me in my other games but would have liked an opportunity to play that bloody slide->Throw loop Sim. Lol.

Hydro

Fantastic event!

Firstly, my wholehearted thanks to Lenny especially, along with brother Ben and the crew for putting on the events. Props to everyone competing for making it a great show this year, that's two years running my brothers, most definitely looking forward hard to next year events!

Fantastic matches from the third strike tourney, especially the finals, delicious.

MVP: My brother Skullator, along with Rumble and the man himself Weazzyeff. You guys fully deserve your spots among the countries finest, and I'm very pleased to say that I picked you all doing very well this year. Doubters be silenced from now on, cause you can all back it up for real. :D Good shit.

Shout outs to Fong for some good banter and camaraderie ;)

Hope to catch up with all of you for some offline games sometime soon. Nothing tops that lagless set-up now!

. . . hmmm, anything else?

Why yes!

Abel U2 is broken sauce  :-X