• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Whos this Toxy guy? Is he that guy I beasted last night with my Rufus on his Akuma?

Lol but na Toxy's the man I won after he had a 9 win streak. I really hope you come down I wanna show you some Xmen Vs Street Fighter tricks like Juggernauts corner infinite cause it's so hard rofl. But yeah it'd be awesome to play you at xmen.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 14, 2010, 08:18:15 AM
Hi Toxy, tbh the prize money will very much depend on the amount of people entering each tournament, so unfortunately it will be very difficult to guage what the final prize money will be for each tournament.

Hey Lenny. I think this is the one problem we have at the moment. I think if we could set an amount for prizes it would be good for advertising and actually make more people come. I know that this makes things a lot more difficult and all but ideally if we could advertise at least the prizes we might get peeps from Oz flying over.

zos'la

hmm lets get jack to talk Hb to come along as well :P as he missed out last year :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Realistically, whatever prize money we put up probably isn't going to be a big enough pot to entice them to come over. Our scene is A LOT smaller than theirs, and as such, so are our prizes.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

AWESOME! Toxy, if you need a place to crash, my house is yours bro. 10 mins form the airport (I'll pick-up etc), 20 mins from the event. :D

PM when you get a chance cuz.

stereomonkey

It also doesn't help when it is based on the amount of people signing up to tournaments.  This is the reason for the pre-registrations thread so we can kinda get a rough estimation on what the prize sums will be a month before the nats is on.  Unless you want to put up a total lump sum to say this is the winnings then it's not going to happen.

Also guys, keep it in your pants yeah.  No need to explode all over your keyboards :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on May 14, 2010, 11:42:41 AM
Also guys, keep it in your pants yeah.  No need to explode all over your keyboards :P

aww bro, im so wet right now

fluxcore

I would be very surprised if 1st place would even cover half the air fare.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

iMagneto

hey lenny~ could we have dreamcast running for mvc2?

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

iMagneto

need a CRT TV to run marvel... i cant handle playing on VGA~

stereomonkey

I too would agree on having Marvel on DC but if that is going to happen we need to have sticks that are actually good.  If you can find 4 perfect working sticks with no problems with those sticks then we can think about it.  Otherwise it is the xbox version.

iMagneto

i got 2 sticks, or joekage got 2 very awesome sticks~~

stereomonkey

hmmm, standards would me TE quality sticks.  Thats what I mean by. :(

fluxcore

My TE can function on DC, however at the last mvc2 tourney only one other stick turned up, and it wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness