• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Proudly Presents - NZ Fighting Game Nationals 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, April 21, 2010, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Hiya guys,

My issue with using a DC for marvel is twofold:

Firstly, we need at least 4 good quality sticks.  No disrespect to Joe, but I think that his sticks felt a little weird when I went to his place, it felt a little a though have been broken in alot and felt a little odd.  The reason we need 4 is so that if a couple putter out we have backups.  If this can be accomodated I am more than happy to change the marvel tourney to DC.

Secondly, given that everyon has access to the PS3 and XBO360 versions, I thought at least people can practice with those versions and get used to the changes.

I welcome any and all feedback and possible solutions to this issue.

Also, I spoke to him last night, and just want to acknowledge the help that Rorooze has provided, and will be offering with regards running the tourney and setting up/checking hardware with me.  Give him a pat on the back next time you see them guys.  Ditto for Alan and Stu as well.  It's alot of work so make sure you guys acknowledge the work these dudes are putting in when you see them.

Also bigups to Marc for helping with prizes.  I'll PM you the adress to send them to me.  Jack and Fong have offered to take the Shirts over to OZ APAC and have them signed by Daigo.

Also, I am thinking of running some polls on the forums.  Our happy little community has been having some hard times recently, and I think we need to remind each other that we are all here to have fun.  So I'm gonna set up some categories for you guys to vote on.  E.G.:  Funniest Poster, Most Helpful Poster, Best Troll etc etc.  You guys can vote and nominate on who you think should fit this the best, and whoever is winning by the time nats comes around will receive prizes!  Waddya think?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

iMagneto

Lenny if you would able to modify 2 of my stick`for dreamcast that would be great for the tournament :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: iMagneto on May 15, 2010, 08:27:33 PM
Lenny if you would able to modify 2 of my stick`for dreamcast that would be great for the tournament :)

Rofl. I love how you totally read Lennys post mike.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

I have 2 ps2>dc converters so just need playstation sticks

im happy to bring  them
but im still undecided if i can make it because of uni

samurai black

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on May 15, 2010, 12:51:28 AM
Our happy little community has been having some hard times recently, and I think we need to remind each other that we are all here to have fun.  So I'm gonna set up some categories for you guys to vote on.  E.G.:  Funniest Poster, Most Helpful Poster, Best Troll etc etc.  You guys can vote and nominate on who you think should fit this the best, and whoever is winning by the time nats comes around will receive prizes!  Waddya think?

lenny wants a prize.

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

samurai black

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Most wasted guy should get a prize. It's not fair, i try really hard to get wasted and who appreciates it, no one. Fark, come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck where's the bitches
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fretai03

Hi guys,

A friend of mine told me about this tournament. Am pretty keen, just have a few questions about it...

Does the MvC2 tournament start on Saturday and end on Sunday? I won't be able to make Saturday but I can make Sunday so just wondering if I'll miss out.

Also I see the Dreamcast vs Other consoles for MvC2 debate... I've got a Dreamcast with VGA out as well as 1x Dreamcast Arcade stick (like the one below). Not sure if its a good one or not but if it'll help then sweet as.

P.S. If there is anyone in the South Auckland area wanting a bit of MvC2 practice flick me a PM... I used to play at Yifans a lot (got taught by a Maori guy with black shades named Joe), as well as Hunters Plaza (when Hai was managing there) so I might not be great but I'll be a good practice partner.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Welcome to the site bro.

Yea it does start on Saturday, and the Finals are on Sunday unfortunately.

Joe still plays haha. He is 'Joekage' on these forums. Even if you cant make the saturday, you should roll up on the sunday for a while anyway. Im sure you would get some good casuals in with everyone at some point.

Just bear in mind that its not until August. Shitloads of time to make a decision. Its always good to meet everyone even if youre not competing. (It sounds like your even more of an OG marvel player than half of us anyway lol)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fretai03

OH LOL Joe is still around!!! HAHAHA (I wonder if he still plays with Ben lol) Man I lost contact with that dude ages ago & didn't know how to get a hold of him again. Joe if you can see this, check your PMs bro!

Sweet as... I may just show up on the Sunday and see how the MvC2 community is going... I've been outta the loop for far too long.

Thanks for the invite man... I may just hang around a while LOL

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fretai03 on May 16, 2010, 08:58:23 PM

... as well as Hunters Plaza (when Hai was managing there) so I ...

Man I remember those times. Those crazy, wack times. I wonder if Hai plays SF4.

gunsmoke

Quote from: fretai03 on May 16, 2010, 09:19:19 PM
OH LOL Joe is still around!!! HAHAHA (I wonder if he still plays with Ben lol) Man I lost contact with that dude ages ago & didn't know how to get a hold of him again. Joe if you can see this, check your PMs bro!

Sweet as... I may just show up on the Sunday and see how the MvC2 community is going... I've been outta the loop for far too long.

Thanks for the invite man... I may just hang around a while LOL

Man who is this ??? ??? ??? lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D yea bro Marvel for life  hahaha :P
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!