• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Giga SSFIV BiWeekly Ranbats!!! Next one Friday August the 13th 2010

Started by Lennysaurus, May 11, 2010, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

awesome games tonight. Some really close games and interesting matches. Lenny your Sim is really good compared to what I have played, damn that time over was close.

Good catching up with all the locals too.

Lennysaurus

Sweet Guys the results are up!!! http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1234.0.html

Was a great night tonight!!! I'd have to say big ups to Geneterror, Tony, and ScribbleART!   You guys had leveled up HEAPS since I saw you last!

Cody!  You're Ibuki is fucking awesome... I am dropping her completely after seeing you play her.

Anywho!!! Next ranbats on Friday the 17th!!! See you there!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Hydro

Great games and great atmosphere last night, much respect to everyone there, seems like everyone's game has risen considerably. Awesome!

I'll move heaven and earth to make it to each form now on for certain. Props to Cody's Ibuki, Graeme's Dictator, Lenny's Incredible Sim, Andy's Sakura and to my brother Scribble for being a top bloke in person as well as online, chur brother!

Lots of advice, theory, match up talk and general banter (Lenny's tick throw walk) made for an awesome night out, well done lads! :D

massi4h

Good games guys, I played terribly but I could say I got outplayed. Hydro your vega is nice, awesome poking I really don't know why I didn't attempt any rushdown. I rushdown heaps more with sakura now, same thing to Skullator. I actually didn't know what to do against both your defensive characters with sakura (I was trying to outpoke you guys, but also I need to be not just using my long pokes but pressing jabs and shit as well) I just kept jumping in and then when I would land a j.hk or cr.short I would screw up the combo anyway.

And well GG Bill, yeah...

Good work on Jack winning and Cody's awesome Ibuki. Got those Daigo tricks.

Also I must learn what to do in 3s. I can't barely hitconfirm into anything so I'm just waiting to parry your jumpin (Ben) and then punish with a combo and do random low forward and overhead pokes. I don't really know what else to do. Maybe more jumpins or something or I should watch more vids first.

HoneyBadger

We've told you like five hundred times what would make you better. No random tatsu and stop saving meter for KKZ. If you used that meter on even low forward super for a punish it would be heaps better than failed KKZ
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Good games everyone. I played terribly as I've expected haha..... Almost lost the first match against Graeme's Bison :( But it was very relaxing coz i didn't have the winning/losing pressure at all ^_^. Also it was nice to see CrazyMobius & hydro joining the Ranbat. Hope to see you guys more often. ^_^

I couldn't stay to see the rest of the matches :(

Well.... I will catch up with everyone once exam is over.....

P.S: I've tried to isolate myself already but tell me if anyone catch a cold after the ranbat. Hehehe........

zos'la

ggs to my Chun!!! asn't so bad afterall :D made it to 4th place?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

gg's to everyone, damn my execution failed me miserably all flipping last night "sigh", if I'm gonna main makoto, i can't afford to slip up.......oh well ;D . good catching up with xpunch and the rest of yous niggers lol and peace to smoof for when i switched to boxer when he was murdering my makoto with bison, i really didn't know how to play that match up.

congrats to jack and damn Cody your ibuki was freaking awesome :)
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

massi4h

I was trying to fish out a combo into super in the last few games smoof but I couldn't find myself confirming then in any way.

scribble

Awesome night. Got meet a few more people. Shot to everyone, xpunch, Geneterror, Pjai, CrazyMobius, Dave it was good getting to meet you guys properly, and wick3d wayz, mean to see you representing for Makoto bro. Cody’s Ibuki was definitely a highlight. Shot to Random Select/Jay for coming along and giving it a go, hope to see you at more bro.

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on June 05, 2010, 02:21:24 AM
Was a great night tonight!!! I'd have to say big ups to Geneterror, Tony, and ScribbleART!   You guys had leveled up HEAPS since I saw you last!

Cheers Lenny bro, it's good to know the practice is paying off a bit. Even if it’s not in the results lol

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 05, 2010, 09:14:10 AM
I'll move heaven and earth to make it to each form now on for certain. Props to Cody's Ibuki, Graeme's Dictator, Lenny's Incredible Sim, Andy's Sakura and to my brother Scribble for being a top bloke in person as well as online, chur brother!

Bro Hydro, it was really awesome finally getting to meet you face to face. Stoked to hear you will be trying your best to make it to future ranbats too bro. GGs bro, keep up the good work with Rose.

GGs Simon/CrazyMobius, I would really like to get some more games in with you bro. I don’t know the Blanka match too well. Hopefully next time I won’t choke with my punishes either… damn nerves lol

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

xpunch

ggs skull mean chunz oh so hard  to get in, and bill i hate you hahaha. good to meet you Arkade  and good to see new faces up there too. Its always good to catch up with the locals smash bros, dave, wicked, lenny, mason, andy , simon, hue, cody and every1 else lol been so long since iv been to ranbats, always feel right at home when I do go though.

ggs to simonfish, tony, ben, bill and andy for the casuals. To every1 i played.... you's all make me wana switch back to Rog but i just cant do it lolz as much as I want the 'W' i just cant do it hahaha  ;D

also im removing my Gay sig coz im just not classy. :'(

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: massi4h on June 05, 2010, 12:56:44 PM
Good games guys, I played terribly but I could say I got outplayed. Hydro your vega is nice, awesome poking I really don't know why I didn't attempt any rushdown. I rushdown heaps more with sakura now, same thing to Skullator. I actually didn't know what to do against both your defensive characters with sakura (I was trying to outpoke you guys, but also I need to be not just using my long pokes but pressing jabs and shit as well) I just kept jumping in and then when I would land a j.hk or cr.short I would screw up the combo anyway.

And well GG Bill, yeah...

Good work on Jack winning and Cody's awesome Ibuki. Got those Daigo tricks.

Also I must learn what to do in 3s. I can't barely hitconfirm into anything so I'm just waiting to parry your jumpin (Ben) and then punish with a combo and do random low forward and overhead pokes. I don't really know what else to do. Maybe more jumpins or something or I should watch more vids first.

Watch heaps of 3s videos and you will start to get it.

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=129585&page=269

Just look through that thread working backwards from pg269 . Anything that is japanese is bound to be gdlk.  For Nicovideo matches use http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

Skullator

Shot for another great night Lenny, the best one yet! Good games to all.

Heretic, good to meet you man, enjoyed playing you.

Xpunch, was really surprised to hear you plan on straight up maining Dudley instead of switching between him and Rog, purely because I always feared and have alot of respect for your Boxer. But good on you for sticking it out with him both games, I'm sure you know the only way to improve with him is to learn the match ups, especially the tricky ones. And yea it definitely feels like that match is in Chuns favour, as you said it's just that much harder for Dudley to get in by comparison to Rog with his EX rushes and turn punches. Looking forward to see you progress with him bro.

Mason, good stuff mixing it up and picking Sakura, I totally got outplayed in that match with her but somehow managed to pull through with lucky scrubby shit. And yeah solid Akuma match as per normal, I reckon you just need to be a bit more assertive against me and not be as scared of the bird kick.

Jack, oh lord that demon palm spacing was crispy brother! Your vortexing is amazing bro lol. Good to play you again.

Andy, nice to see you rocking Chun there mate, gg's as always.

Great to see James and Simon attending their first Ranbats, hope to see you guys at more!

And much love to Kurt and Jess for accommodating me again <3 Hope you guys enjoy the shows!

RandomSelekt

Quote from: Arkade on June 05, 2010, 07:33:05 PM
Awesome night. Got meet a few more people. Shot to everyone, xpunch, Geneterror, Pjai, CrazyMobius, Dave it was good getting to meet you guys properly, and wick3d wayz, mean to see you representing for Makoto bro. Cody’s Ibuki was definitely a highlight. Shot to Random Select/Jay for coming along and giving it a go, hope to see you at more bro.

Was a mean night, even though i got beasted LOL but awesome experience none the less...Thanks to the bro ScribbleART/Kurt for bringing me along, will definately back again for the next one bro, and nice too finally meet dudes from online such as SkullatorNZ, awesome chun bro...and to meet dudes ive never played against like Lenny, (I gotta work on that Dhalsim match up haha but thanks for giving me tips straight after our match, your a good dude bro)

Cheers guys,