• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Pff, Alpha Chun should of been the garbage that is alt2, considering how similar they made colour 10.

Can't help but feel ripped off if alt3 is that similar. Still cool though I spose.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The Adon one is pretty cool. And the blanka one is epic.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Well thank god for that.. at least my character isn't literally on the top anymore.

EDIT: OMFG!! CONGRATS MAKOTO ON YOUR PROMOTION OF TWO RANKS! NO LONGER ASS TIER GG SAKURA!

massi4h

Finally a list with akuma on top. And yeah skull it's got Guile, Akuma, Dictator and Chun all as number 1. But how the hell is Sakura lower than Dan? Has anyone seen Uryo's Sak? Smashing up Tokido, Daigo, lots of other good Japanese players.

But OK my main and secondary are top and bottom :D

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

What you talking about Mason? Chun's four down on the list! Obviously not top tier  :D

Dan aint even bad in Super! Safe dan kicks and FADC ultra! haha

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Also keep in mind Mason that a 6-4 match up isn't exactly insurmountable.

I like Sakura - she's got a good pressure game, fast normals, safe offense after a knock down... but that bitch bleeds, and can't really get in too well without cr.mk xx shou FADC - she also builds meter like a turtle from a distance because her fireball is the worst in the game.

If you look at all her "bad" matchups they're either pumping out the damage or have a solid zoning game - both of which Sakura has a hard time dealing with.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

Guile being first equal makes this list quite amusing. He has eight bad matchups which is twice as much as all the other characters tied for first. But the rest of his match ups are mostly in his favour, 6-4.

Out of interest I'd like to see a list which displays characters rank by the amount of bad/uneven match ups they have.

Skullator

Yeah Rory that would be interesting, I glanced over the list for similar stats earlier and noticed Adon I think has the least bad matchups, only two. But he doesn't have very many good matchups so he wouldn't be top of that list.

Looks like Akuma would top it, he has so many good matchups, including a 7-3, and only 3 bad matchups, two of which are mere 4.5-5.5 against him. One of his bad matchups is also a very uncommon character, Rose.

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2010, 09:37:07 AM
First equal is still first.

I'm obviously joking, too literal today Flux.

fluxcore

Yeah reading nothing but total hogwash on this site does that to me.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

I can't believe Sak's low tier >< going to use her more now and kick some butt~~
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Quote from: Rorooze on August 19, 2010, 09:51:48 AM
Guile being first equal makes this list quite amusing. He has eight bad matchups which is twice as much as all the other characters tied for first. But the rest of his match ups are mostly in his favour, 6-4.

Out of interest I'd like to see a list which displays characters rank by the amount of bad/uneven match ups they have.

The crucial thing is that he has quite good matchups against the other chars in the top tier.

Skullator

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2010, 09:59:23 AM
Yeah reading nothing but total hogwash on this site does that to me.

Are you going to attend nationals this weekend man? I think you need to see some of the good stuff bro.