• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on September 12, 2010, 09:55:44 AM
For anyone wondering about the rose change: Rose has 5 frames of invincibility, which exactly covers its 5 frames of startup, and it has no recovery (technically its recovery is the startup). That's why Rose can block immediately afterwards.

In the AE Loc Test, since it has no invincibility, it can now lose to meaties and whatever else that can hit her before startup frames are finished.

That pretty much takes away her only wakeup reversal. No get out of jail free card anymore. If this tweak stays in you can pretty up keep rushing her down for free when she has ultra meter now, this makes people less afraid of her, yahee  :-\ If your'e keeping this change capcom, fix the invincbility on the start up of EX drill please. At least you could still Combo in Ultra 2 midscreen and meterless in the corner.

Why make gief even stronger? No Knockdown is not a nerf. Remember Champion edition scissor kicks?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Location Test - How Do the Players Feel on Day 2?
      by
      Keits

This comes from one of our anonymous sources who has been visiting the Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition location test in Osaka. While he was still unable to get any photos of what we want to see, the ones he did take clearly show a line that not many of us would want to wait in to play. As always, please remember in your discussions that this is a location test, and that anything changed could easily change back, or change even more before the final release.

"Not much to report on the location test that hasn't been reported already. I saw Kindevu, Uryo and Gas (female Chun player, also Uryo's girlfriend) there playing but they were just doing casuals. Uryo was sticking with Sakura the entire time and Kindevu mainly played single player to test stuff out.

I talked with Kinpatsu earlier today about the changes to Seth since he's a Seth player, and he said that Seth is just a totally new character now, and Seth players will have to start from scratch with him. Basically, if you play him like you did in the past, you're going to lose, but you can still win. "

"There was a gief player there that was constantly hitting the 5 game win streak limit, so I talked with him for a bit while in line and he really likes the fact that ex green hand does not knock down anymore. This was actually at the first location test for SF4 vanilla and it was a nightmare to deal with, and it's just as bad now. Because gief doesn't knock you down and he's still at +frames, you're going to have to make an educated guess on what to do next and you don't have much time. I saw this gief player do ex green hand into either lariat, another green hand, spd or low jab chained into ex green hand. It's a really strong mixup to have and I don't understand why people see this as a nerf.

Saw one dude messing around with Yang and he was able to pull off a 35 - 40% combo off SE, pretty decent although I can't remember what the combo was exactly. I just saw a ton of mantis slashes. :p

Overall the character variety was a lot better than the first day when it was a huge shoto fest. There were a ton of claws playing and one Gen who was constantly getting 5 game win streaks. I overheard the Gen player saying he didn't feel there was anything different about the character though.

Guile's Sonic Boom most definitely builds meter, whoever said that it doesn't is a bloody dolt and is blind as a bat.

Hm, that's it! I didn't really stick around on the second day to play, I just got in line once, won 4 games then got beasted on, and then left. There were probably a good 20 people waiting in queue on the first day, and on the second day it grew to about 30 people waiting with maybe a dozen more just watching. Overall it was a good turnout for the location test considering it's a non-Tokyo arcade."

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

looks like gief gunna be good again , guile will still be good as sonics DO build meter  and im gunna stop learning seth now and wwait as looks like hes totally different :-\

electric

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on September 13, 2010, 09:16:43 AM
... and im gunna stop learning seth now and wwait as looks like hes totally different :-\

Poor Seth... hopefully as a character he's not totally lost - his rush down is pretty scary - I guess they're concentrating on that now rather than allowing him to rush down AND zone really well.

I'm really looking forward to Guy - I've been using him almost exclusively for the past two weeks or so... he's heaps of fun, but there's definitely some small hitbox issues keeping him from being consistently good.

Early reports are saying Abels rolls have been nerfed... WAT. They already have enough weaknesses as it is... I can't see them being able to make any changes to them without severely hampering the way he plays.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

"Gouken's LP rush punch has no forward movement, but is faster.
His counter is now DP + Punch. LP for low body counter, MP for upper, HP is unclear.

im sad now :(

electric

Aren't the Gouken counter changes a good thing ? Reverse DP + P means you won't get random tatsu if you're trying to do a low counter

Maybe his LP rush changes actually give him a decent reversal without meter so he won't be so free on wake up lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

no dammit, i want to be needlessly upset

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

wow to the gief bit, sounds like it is a buff instead of a nerf
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: [FB] WICK3D WAYZ on September 13, 2010, 03:21:17 PM
wow to the gief bit, sounds like it is a buff instead of a nerf
yus non knockdown makes him more zangieffy

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

It no longer knocks down so he doesnt get a 50/50 mixup off of it, but instead he gets a 50/50 mixup off of it?

Doesnt sound like a buff or a nerf. Just 'different'.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

non-knock down means easier 50/50 mixup imo

means more annoying gayness for me :'(
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Except its not really.

Its a similar mixup position to say, blocking one of his jabs. (Or any normal that leaves gief at advantage at close proximity for that matter.) Off of a blocked jab gief can go into any of that stuff in that post. It certainly makes him more 'giefy', and in that regard i like it as a change, but i dont see it as a buff or a nerf tbh, unless theres something im missing. Standard defensive options against that should still work in this scenario. If gief tries to hit/grab you with anything, an invincible EX DP for instance will still snuff him, but likewise if he baits it out youre still fucked. Same as ever. Thats a really basic example, but im hoping it gets my point across.

If youre more confident defending against his crossup/knockdown mixups, then this is a scary change, but TBH i dont think it really changes much. If you get hit by EX greenhand now, you get mixed up. If you get hit by EX greenhand in this arcade build, you get mixed up. If anything, it removes the option he has of going for an easy crossup/fake crossup.

What i would be interested to see is if it opens up a potential jab -> EX greenhand -> jab  -> EX greenhand loop. THAT would be scary. (Not to mention totally unnecessary)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a safe jump/crossup setup at the moment?

If he doesn't knock down then it certainly is a nerf cause then the opponent has the option to backdash or invincible reversal it I guess.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

kens new alt outfit , his training gear from alpha 2 , includes the alpha pony tail , cant say it was the business suit i was hoping for but this is kinda cool .