• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[8-----D] Toots

capcom really are trying there best to ruin all of the 3rd strike characters

Skullator

I dunno I reckon they look alright there, besides the scrubby rufus flavoured dive kick action lol.

[8-----D] Toots

probably cos you havent really played played much 3s.

They look so damn awkward and move fucken slow as shit in this footage

This is how yang and yun should look in a fighting game

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sif not come frindking qith us ben cunt but yea fuck 3s yang is the shit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

moose!

I like how the cross up dive kick shenanigans seem to all be there, but the move seems so klunky and slow- maybe because there isn't a super jump for them in this game?
Considering how fast the inputs in 3S are for cr.jab x3, ex zorro chop, the 4 version seems a bit insulting  :'(  but thats the engine for ya I guess.
I'd consider picking Yang but not sure if I can get past his stupid froot boot entrance, at least they kinda kept the fact he roller bladed on the DL in 3S and gave him a cat (I wonder if he'll appear when you start getting win streaks?). I'm kinda hoping for some awesome reason they made the game do a slowdown when you land the a full ex chop.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I don't play a lot of 3s, but the divekick looks pretty average. It's a little slow, but I think a major problem with it will be that their jump seems kind of shithouse. On the ground I think they (well, yang anyway) will be more similar to his 3s version than say, Dudley or mak, but I think the bolo divekick is going to change their style up from 3s to sf4. I think ground wise they (well, again, yang) seem alright. A tad slow, but they were never going to be 3s fast, since sf4 is a lot slower than 3s in general. But still, they could do with a minor speedup I think. Their jump and divekick especially.

As for yun (3s knowledge is about to bottom out here team. Sorry) but in 3s, yum seems like he's a major threat mostly due to genei jin. (correct me if I'm wrong there, since I probably am) with sf4's super system, and gj being a super, either yun needs to build meter like a fucking demon, or he's going to need to play a lot differently. That being said, I've never really seen a no GJ yun in 3s. But I think if yun is playing like that, he's not going to be as fun as 3s. Either they crank up his meter building, or it's going to be 1 gj per game. And that's pretty shit imo.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

OK so it looks like the frame rate in the first video mad yun and yang seem slower than they actually are.

Gotta say that Yun looks pretty strong. Palm negates fireballs and build a shit load of metre when you do so. Shoulders go under fireballs much like ducking and divekicks look fairly decent as a means of getting in.

GJ seems very much like its 3s incarnation. Gives him extra priority, can cancel any normal into another normal or special and looks like it has no juggle limit. The only weakness in this super is how long it is gonna take to get full meter. It may seem strong atm but I think it should stay that way.

Looks like he suffers from 3rd strike limb syndrome. Can't imagine he will be having a lot of fun trying to fight a Rog on the ground lol

CrazyMobius

Here's a glimpse of Seth's robot costume and a picture of Sagat's picture with Black hair ...but looks like he has an eye patch?!

Lennysaurus

YUS!!! MORE ROBOTS PLEASE CAPCOM!

In other news.  Yun actually looks pretty cool.  In the absence of Rolento, I might give him a whirl.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

moose!

Those Yun videos are looking much better... though imagine what a potential snore fest will come from players palming meter all day.
Again I'm pretty happy with how the dive kicks cross and don't always hit clean etc like in 3S

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

lol in the second video where yun fights ken , at 1.00 , ken does a target combo into mp.dp and recovers before he hits the ground in time to block yuns meaty super GJ lol .

so much for increasing recovery time , theyve made the recovery shorter on the mp.dp , it has big recovery on console .

yahhhhh srk fadc , mp.dp ultra 1 again !!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Skullator

Might give Yun a spin, he's looking mad fun.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea those later vids are heaps better.

It was inevitable that yun was going to get some way to gain large amounts of meter reasonably quickly. I think the speed he builds it is pretty close to what it needs to be, if not fine as is. He's shaping up to be really interesting. Seems pretty decent without meter, and really dangerous with meter. Ben's right though, rog is going to make him sad. A few other chars come to mind as well. But yea. Im feeling it. I wouldnt mind seeing some decent quality footage of yang as well, just to see if it really was a framerate issue.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

yay~~ more chinese kung fu ftw xD

so when is this getting released? LOL
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius