• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: zosla on July 09, 2010, 09:47:57 AM
I dont get it ><

What it lets you do, is plink (you know what plinking is, right) without consequence.

Say you're doing Ryu's cr.mp, cr.mp, cr.hk combo. The cr.mp, cr.hk link is a one frame link - that's as tight as it gets in this game. With traditional plinking, you do cr.hk, followed very very very closely with cr. mk, so that you get this in training mode with input display turned on:

If you plinked properly:

MK HK
HK

If you fucked up your plink:

MK
HK

Since select and back aren't actual game inputs (pressing select does nothing to your character - you can still block, jump, whatever, without them becoming any more vulnerable than if you hadn't pressed it at all) you aren't in any more trouble if you happen to fuck it up. Using the same combo as an example, a successful "b-link" will give you this on the input display:

Properly:

HK
HK

Fucked it up:

HK

Also, to be able to plink, you need to press something lower in the priority chain. This means that you can't plink LP, because there's nothing lower than that - Using select means that limitation no longer applies, and you can plink anything you want.

I'm going to go ahead and ask: Will this be allowed at Nats ? I'm going to change my "3P" button to Select tonight for this purpose. Will I be banned and called a cheater for life ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

OMG.... thats funny ahahha.
But then again, who needs to plink LP, LK....
not much use to me ^^
but thanks for explaining :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on July 09, 2010, 11:38:04 AM
But then again, who needs to plink LP, LK....

People with one frame lp/lk links would want to plink, I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.

Quote from: electric on July 09, 2010, 10:24:16 AM
I'm going to go ahead and ask: Will this be allowed at Nats ? I'm going to change my "3P" button to Select tonight for this purpose. Will I be banned and called a cheater for life ?

Too hard to detect to be able to enforce a ban.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on July 09, 2010, 12:04:01 PM
People with one frame lp/lk links would want to plink, I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.

Exactly - and like I said, it's not JUST for people with one frame lp/lk links... the fact that it can be your "plink button" for anything means that ANYTHING can be plinked without accidentally hamming it up and getting an input you didn't necessarily want

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Are you sure you can change that button to select button though?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on July 09, 2010, 12:31:50 PM
Are you sure you can change that button to select button though?

Step 1: Open up TE
Step 2: Move wires around
Step 3: Close TE
Step 4: Daigo runs scared from my godlike execution

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Daigo just txt me. He says he has all his inputs mapped to select. He controls the other buttons by inserting his wang into a hole in the bottom of his TE so that he can get a 6xb-link.

Sorry Eru. He's one step ahead of you.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh yeah.

THat's pretty onto it. But I don't play any chars that would benefit from it anyway.

And LOL at Daigo's way.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

electric

Quote from: BIRRY WONG on July 09, 2010, 12:47:07 PM
Daigo just txt me. He says he has all his inputs mapped to select. He controls the other buttons by inserting his wang into a hole in the bottom of his TE so that he can get a 6xb-link.

Sorry Eru. He's one step ahead of you.

Fuck :(

Quote from: weazzyefff on July 09, 2010, 12:53:15 PM
Oh yeah.

THat's pretty onto it. But I don't play any chars that would benefit from it anyway.

And LOL at Daigo's way.

short, short, short xx scissor ?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

That would make it way harder mane. Wayyy haarrdderrr..

I only use plinking for Mp,HK punish without charge too by the way, the rest is my mad execution steez.

Pinolicious

I finally own this, although I'm still scrub, I will unleash at Nationals!  Lol
<PSN> Kriselda

zos'la

geneterror

So it looks like the arcace version will give us more new chars and I guess console DLC to match?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/jul/21/new-challengers-coming-super-street-fighter-4/
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I have to point out that in the top right, it says there is a total of 35 characters. Which is what we have in console super.

It also mentions 18 new characters, which are just the new characters in super, and the console characters from vanilla. "here comes a new challenger" could just mean these characters.

Im not gonna get hype for new characters at this stage, but im looking forward to hearing more about it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.