• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

POST MOVED TO CORRECT THREAD.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Now thats a fucking improvment on the costume design!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

More character changes from the blog.

Chun:
- Stun down on c.roundhouse (hard kick). Damage down on s.strong (medium punch). Both moves have the same hit properties.
- Her Focus Attack is now easier for opponents to hit.
- DF+Light Kick comes out slower, more vulnerability. Can still combo after it if it hits an airborne opponent.
- No changes to her specials.

El Fuerte
- Far jab (light punch) and crouch jab have 4 more active frames, making them easier to connect. Crouch short (light kick) can be chained.
- More recovery on Quacamole on landing (EX included). Tortilla loses invincibility, can be countered more easily.
- More startup on El Fuerte Ultra Spark, damage down. The size of the hitbox changes with movement (...?), making it harder to hit overall.

Sakura
- Close strong (medium punch) has less recovery, crouch strong and crouch forward (medium kick) can combo from hit confirm. Far strong can be cancelled same as Ryu. Vulnerable hitbox on far forward reduced, making it harder to hit her out of it.
- Air Tatsu can get more airborne hits. Some reduction of recovery on Hadoken. Other various adjustments on making hitboxes bigger, damage, and recovery done to make her stronger.

Cody
- Crouch short (light kick) now comes out in 3 frames. Frame advantage on hit is still the same. Should be more useable as a low poke with reach.
- Ruffian Kick gets more juggleability after hit. Until now, on a grounded opponent, the first hits of EX Criminal Upper didn't connect, but now they will. The range at which Cody can pick up the knife has increased.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

LOL Fuerte.

Since i hardly ever land that ultra anyway, this might just bridge the gap between me and josh. XD

Tortilla? Invincibility? Wut?

Nice change on the light attacks though. Depending on how bad this tortilla nerf is, im not too disappointed. More startup on U2 is a bit sad. It only needed a damage nerf, but w/e. As long as it de-scrubbifies the playerbase a bit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

KOW 2011

electric

Man Sakura sounds fucking beefy... Disappointed with the massive changes to El Fuertes U2, as now doesn't really seem like there is much purpose to it... unless of course the invincibility stays in tact - then it should still be somewhat useful.

Mooooore change details please, Developer Blog!!!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on November 06, 2010, 01:30:35 PM

me likey, very much

This is FUCKIGN SEXY!!!! OMFG>>>>
guess I will spend a good $100 on costumes!!!! Viper is is is tooo goooD!!!

anyways,
Loving the changes on Sakura!!!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

fluxcore

Yeah I honestly don't think those 'nerfs' to chun will change all that much.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

I have a question.  I was playing against a Bison in Ranked a fair bit yesterday, and although I was beating him pretty soundly he had one annoying thing he was doing.

Basically he would do a back throw and then Ultra2 on my wakeup and it would be really ambiguous as to whether it would hit from the front or back.  Am I able to block this on reaction or is this literally a 50/50?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

can you just hold up and jump or does it hit still ? dunno
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on November 09, 2010, 05:56:49 PM
can you just hold up and jump or does it hit still ? dunno

Nah holding up just got me hit in the pre-jump frames.  A basically just held either down-left or don-right and hoped I would block it lol.

It's a dumb thing to do, cause you are basically wasting big comeback potential and your Ultra stock on a 50/50, but it just seemed kinda annoying lol.

Weazzey might have some useful insight.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Silence.....the best bibson speaks.

It's actually really good on xbox poo chumps. But it is a 50/50 you can do on heaps of shit. I used to thrash it but people started getting outta it with ex moves  :'( Invincible shit and maybe a well timed / auto correct teleport could get you out. It is good on some chars without those things.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

karizzma

hmmmm disappointed with the changes. Tortilla more easily countered? isn't it easy enough now (DP)? thought ultra having a slower start is a bit harsh too but the damage nerf was called for. At least Cody got better...