• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

MSP sucks

Started by Ryan, June 12, 2007, 05:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Yea. MSP is gay.

yea.  :-\
fighting game noob

samurai black

depends on who is using msp...

simon with msp = omgihateyou

fluxcore

Quote from: Ryan on June 12, 2007, 05:30:09 PM
Yea. MSP is gay.

yea.  :-\

MSP has weaknesses just like any other team. Hell, Megaman is considered a counter to Mags. Counter pick if you can't hang with your mains.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

he didnt say that wasnt true. hes just saying its gay. which it is.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Ryan

I'm sick of using MSP.   Magneto and Psylocke are succeptible to sentinals gaurd breaks and take a massive beating. Psy by herself takes a shit load of damage as an assist, and has a very limitted A/A range. The DHC's, albeit safe, do shit all damage compared to Ironman and sentinal DHC's and aren't as abusable as sentinal's or cables.

You basically have to perfect your rush down with magneto and storm to stand a chance against people of the same skill who know how to time push blocks. Most people can mash out the hyper-magnetic tempest now. The only chance a magnus player has of doing massive damage is to do resets, or DHC to someone who can do massive damage.

I'm giving up MSP. I just can't do what I wanna do with magneto when I need to, and I rely too much on psylock to save my sorry ass.

clockw0rk is my new team. And possibly MSS (mag/sent/storm).  I'll keep team scrub for the "keep-away-ers"
fighting game noob

samurai black

QuoteMost people can mash out the hyper-magnetic tempest now. The only chance a magnus player has of doing massive damage is to do resets, or DHC to someone who can do massive damage.
no love for the unmashables?

Quoteclockw0rk is my new team.
so now thats.... ben, david, ioane, lee and ryan who play clockw0rk.

fuck.

kingpiccolo

i just sub psy for tron cos that projectile assisst is just totally gay and good for storm lock and rush..... cept my storm is kinda balls and cheap lol

Coddfish

I don't play Marvel competitvely and likely never will. But if I ever did decide to play with an "established team", then I would probably pick team clock. Because Strider is <3.

Atm when I play, its usually Cable/Charlie/Doom or something equally retarded.

fluxcore

Quote from: Ryan on June 12, 2007, 11:37:04 PM
I'm sick of using MSP.   Magneto and Psylocke are succeptible to sentinals gaurd breaks and take a massive beating. Psy by herself takes a shit load of damage as an assist, and has a very limitted A/A range. The DHC's, albeit safe, do shit all damage compared to Ironman and sentinal DHC's and aren't as abusable as sentinal's or cables.

Ahh, okay, you think MSP is gay because you are sick of playing AS MSP... I thought you must have meant AGAINST MSP. Personally I enjoy MSP, but then I wouldn't consider it my main - but I don't think there's a better feeling than when MSP just clicks and you wreck shop. If you can't control the match, then yes, the team sucks - it's only good when you can dictate pace and make em block your mixups all day... and then you snap and guard break and win. I'm sure you know all that though.

QuoteMost people can mash out the hyper-magnetic tempest now. The only chance a magnus player has of doing massive damage is to do resets, or DHC to someone who can do massive damage.

Tempest has been basically worthless for 5 years or something now... except in the corner I guess. I only ever use it in unmashables (as samurai black said), or for a DHC. As you say, all the damage is in resets/mixups - and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just the Magneto style; and I like it to be honest :D Triple/five fierce combo does as much damage as a/c into grav tempest anyway, and then you get mixups.

clockw0rk is my new team. And possibly MSS (mag/sent/storm).  I'll keep team scrub for the "keep-away-ers"

Jesus, Yifan's Auckland must have the highest concentration of strider players in the entire world!

Quote from: kingpiccolo on June 13, 2007, 12:09:54 AM
i just sub psy for tron cos that projectile assisst is just totally gay and good for storm lock and rush..... cept my storm is kinda balls and cheap lol

As much as I love & use that team, it sucks... no anti air = raped by sent.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Ryan

Quote from: fluxcore on June 13, 2007, 09:26:44 AM
Personally I enjoy MSP, but then I wouldn't consider it my main - but I don't think there's a better feeling than when MSP just clicks and you wreck shop.

That's exactly how I feel  ;D  It feels damn good to be able to do exactly as you plan. But for the past month or so, it hasn't been clicking for me. Guess I just need a cup of harden the f*ck up

The main reason I play MSP is to improve my timing, reaction time, and having consistent inputs. MSP is rushdown at it's purest. I just wish I could actually ... u know.... not suck at it  >:(
fighting game noob

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

FEAR THE CLOCKWORK ARMY 8)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Ryan

Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on June 16, 2007, 04:03:12 PM
FEAR THE CLOCKWORK ARMY 8)

You completely raped my Clockwork.  I blame mike >_>
It's was good to play vs clockwork team. Getting some good practise against it ^^ (not the usual Mag/Sent/Cyclops from mike <_<)
fighting game noob

Coddfish

Quote from: Ryan on June 13, 2007, 02:38:18 PM
Guess I just need a cup of harden the f*ck up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

"This is stefan. His name's stefan! Harden the fuck up, stefan."

Absolute win.

Sorry for derailing.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

mag/sent/cyc or capcom = team mike hahaha

Its cool....we are all only as good as our competition. Thats why if I rape you like a fat kid raping cake, then I apologise, but Strider Hiryu shows now mercy

and MSP does suck....im totally biased and refuse to learn this team :P ::)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles