• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 XBOX 360 Monthly Online Tournament - June

Started by Rorooze, May 30, 2010, 01:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

xpunch beat me 2-1

pretty salty about that one sorry jay, number of reasons I shouldn't have played tbh (not to mention the game itself!)... oh well!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Lol, I felt those first too were meh since we both were playing terribl and it was straight after that damn looney guys post. :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

stereomonkey

budafist

Massi4h beat me 2-1
Stu beat me 2-1

my missus beats me 2-0 for not doing the dishes.

gg's fellas
Stu, I thought I had you sorted but you adapted really fast.
Mason, that Akuma Blanka match had me so confident, I think that was my downfall.
blocked ball punished by raging boner ftw.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

massi4h

Yeah gg budafist.

What were you saying about my Sakura again? What I beat your Ken, when I couldn't beat the scrubby one what? Haha just playing.

But that BlankaT electricityU wasR comingB outO pretty fast, looking at the replay you were pressing light punch pretty quick. :P

Edit: whoops major typos.

budafist

lulz.

yeah I take it back, your Sakura is badass.
I swear I was predicting those reset crossups, but still couldnt block them.
aint no Turbo on my hori Ex2. Im just the mash fucken mastah
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

massi4h

Yeah I know you're the mash master but I was assuming both lol.

But if you want to do jab to electricity effectively you gotta learn to piano it so you end on the heavy punch which has more range so it wouldn't whiff like the way you were doing it and it doesn't last long since if you get the method right only the exact 5 punches will come out. But man your Blanka was annoying lol.

Rorooze

lol i can confirm buda does not have a turbo on his arcade stick :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Awwww end on the HARD punch. It was annoying me whn I go jab -> electricity in training mode and whiff the fuckin electricity. Another random trick on a character I'll never use that I can add to my box of useless crap.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

OK then I believe you.

But yeah generally all the mash moves are meant to end on HP iirc. Gens MK->hands (although now it's MK->EX hands), Hondas HHS (if you go say jab, fierce, strong, jab, fierce you will get the 5 punches ending on HP and then off that you can link into HK.

My consistency on these is really bad though, need to practice pianoing more. I find that method there the fastest, but when I do a quick motion of fierce, strong jab, I usually hit 2 of them together by accident cause I'm trying to do them too fast.

Other universal method is jab, strong, fierce, jab, fierce. But any 5 punch combination that ends in fierce works. If not comboing off a jab, then the slide method is awesome, just slide from hp, to lp, to hp.

I'm definitely not the pianoing expert, we need Sol, CrazyMobius (were you playing Blanka at ranbats) and Lenny who seem to be able to piano well with the 3 characters. Oh yeah pianoing chuns lightning legs has its uses.

Lennysaurus

I should be home tonight to hammer out some games fpr the tourney.

RAWR!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Me VS stoleyourpayola

2 - 0 (I think, it was early this morning so I forget)

ggs Jay.  Nice Mak bro but if you had played either your Rog or Geif I would have had so much trouble I most likely would have lost.

Thanks for the casuals afterwards to man.  Looked you after a few your Mak had me downloaded and was on point from there on.  I need to  learn to pay attention when you have meter since that ex karakusa = free ultra.  All in all we need to play some more so I can download your characters :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Mak is no match for your lag switch eh Stu.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Actually, it was probably the best connection i've had with another person in this torney scene so far.  Also had some very awesome casual matches which I should save if I can.

fluxcore

tbh I get better connections with aussies than most NZers
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness