• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Team Tournament! Saturday the 26th of June!

Started by Lennysaurus, June 05, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSmash

Awesome tourney guys!

GGs to everyone. Had a lot close as games eh especially vsing Andy. Sorry bro i felt sooooo bad for winning like that. :( You can beast me next time!

Shout outs in particularly to Simon for being MVP of our team and taking the Grand Finals for us.
Epic money match Skullator & Bill, some pretty leet stuff. You guys provided with awesome entertainment- Rematch!!?
And of course to Mr. UMEHALA. Shit man your OCV action was the highlight of the day bro!

On the setup note, I don't think we will ever get a setup that everyone will be happy with. There will always be disparities in opinions and people will always think that it is either too laggy or doesn't feel right.
So why not have an NZISM standard setup? One that we will always be using for every tournament. If we set this standard then players will know that we will be using it for every tournament and it will encourage them to obtain a similar setup and get use to it. It will be the players' fault for not being able to play properly on the standard setup and therefore, hopefully there won't be any debate.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: fluxcore on June 27, 2010, 03:30:20 PM
only what you SEE is different.
only ?? ONLY ???

Okay...... First of all, you need to know Playing in tournament is different than playing in training mode.
In training mode, you can do combo with only one hand and close your eyes coz the input is EXACTLY the same. But in tournament, you will need more than 2 hands and your eyes if you want to do combo effectively. Not sure if you know what i mean.
And you said just have a couple of matches before the tournament to get used to the lag free setup ?? Are you serious ?? If NONE of the top players can adapt to it, do you think you can ??

But I guess your reply answered half of my question.
So it's basically a: "No, I don't care if nobody can play at their bests, you need to get used to the lag free setup."
My answer will be : "Fuck that, I will just stick to basic combos and own the scrubs."

thanks for your reply. Have a nice day !! ^_^

and Btw, this is a very old discussion already so I really don't want to dig it up, I had my question answered so it's all good. Let it be whatever it is. It's just my 2 cents ^_^

[SAS]akuma1nz

Ive put the $ match on FB & youtube HUE, my footage is not the best cauz i was far away but its on there. Man thats a long time to upload your VID footage? If i was sitting on the sofa my phone would take GREAT footage as god as a camera and it only takes me a lil while to upload it! haha fckn show off!!! so boys check it out...
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

[SAS]akuma1nz

Yeah Jack that sounds like the perfect answer... Have 1 setup we use in all the tourney'z & if u lose its your fault!!! As for lag/lag free it felt diff alright but no excuse for me, just have to get way BETTER!!!
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

fluxcore

Short of buying all the equipment myself there is no way we can have a 'standard' setup, so no, that is completely out of the question.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

cha

the most epic moment imo was when kevin did a lariat the moment jacks' sweep reached,
and beated it, i was gonna yell holy shit reflex but everyone else was like its business as usual lol

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: akuma1nz on June 27, 2010, 04:04:28 PM
Yeah Jack that sounds like the perfect answer... Have 1 setup we use in all the tourney'z & if u lose its your fault!!! As for lag/lag free it felt diff alright but no excuse for me, just have to get way BETTER!!!

lag/lag free has little to almost no effect to the outcome of the match. It just feel pretty sad that we cannot play at our bests. And it's an embarrassing to show the world NZ levels from those tournament matches where everyone is missing their combos or not using full damage combo effectively. That's why even though I had my camera, I didn't want to record the matches and put it on youtube coz I know it would be horrible to see. Even the Grand Final Level is no where near our casuals so No, there's no point recording it. BUT THE MONEY MATCH IS DIFFERENT !!! IT'S TOO HYPE TO BE MISSED !!!!!!!!!!!!

fluxcore

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 27, 2010, 03:55:23 PM
Okay...... First of all, you need to know Playing in tournament is different than playing in training mode.

I think this is the answer to pretty much all the points you've been raising tbh, lol

QuoteIn training mode, you can do combo with only one hand and close your eyes coz the input is EXACTLY the same. But in tournament, you will need more than 2 hands and your eyes if you want to do combo effectively. Not sure if you know what i mean.

No, I absolutely don't. Are you saying the game itself changes because you've put a bunch of people around it and aren't playing it at your house?

QuoteAnd you said just have a couple of matches before the tournament to get used to the lag free setup ?? Are you serious ?? If NONE of the top players can adapt to it, do you think you can ??

If they are unable to understand the BENEFIT of a BETTER setup, let alone get used to it, then I question them being "top players" in any sense.

and Btw, this is a very old discussion already so I really don't want to dig it up, I had my question answered so it's all good. Let it be whatever it is. It's just my 2 cents ^_^

lol, could have fooled me.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: cha on June 27, 2010, 04:12:49 PM
the most epic moment imo was when kevin did a lariat the moment jacks' sweep reached,
and beated it, i was gonna yell holy shit reflex but everyone else was like its business as usual lol
nah, the most epic moment is when Sol E.Honda did ex.headbutt at almost no range to my no health Viper and I "reacted" to it with an ultra. It's beyond-godlike reaction. That's why nobody surprises at Kevin beyond-human reaction.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: fluxcore on June 27, 2010, 04:18:25 PM
blah blah blah............

I don't care ^_^ let it be whatever it is.

fluxcore

rofl

You sure talk a lot of rubbish for someone that doesn't care.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

*edited*
Peace out  ;D

No more arguments. ^_^

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Everyone was mucking up on the day. But ultimately, i found that my reactions were a lot better on a lag free setup. I teched more throws, and scored a lot more counter hits than i normally would have done.

Look at the examples Hue and Cody listed as high points:

Quote from: cha on June 27, 2010, 04:12:49 PM

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 27, 2010, 04:18:43 PM
nah, the most epic moment is when Sol E.Honda did ex.headbutt at almost no range to my no health Viper and I "reacted" to it with an ultra. It's beyond-godlike reaction. That's why nobody surprises at Kevin beyond-human reaction.

If we had been playing on our usual setup, these probably would not have even been possible, and the matches would have gone the other way. I think this is the biggest point in favour of a lagless setup.

YES, i dropped my combos, so did everyone. We are allowed to be annoyed. But i whole heartedly agree with sticking with the setup we used at the 3v3. Learning the timing for your combos again sucks, but its a lot easier than trying to adjust to delay, and missing epic shit like Hues ultra vs headbutt, or kevins lariat. On a laggy setup, awesome shit like that simply doesn't happen.

If youre used to lag, then no lag is bad for your combos. BUT no lag is much MUCH better for your reactions. Like i say, i would rather have better reactions than better combos. Nothing annoys me more than teching a throw on a laggy setup, and having the lag fuck me up and miss my tech. That didnt happen half as much on saturday, so im backing that setup 100%.

You will all listen to me and agree, because i am BIRRY WONG.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Like Flux/Bill have said, dropping combos will happen when you're playing on a set up you aren't used to... If you play on CRT's, a laggy set up will smoke your combos, if you play on a dirty ass 42" plasma (like me), a lagless set up will smoke your combos.

There's nothing you can do about this, but get used to the set up the games will be run on.

Today, I pulled a dusty, 20" CRT out of the garage and plugged it in. It took 5 minutes. Then, I jumped in to training mode and started practicing my combos (yes, they're 1 frame links) - I was hitting them consistently within another 5 minutes.

I can say without a doubt that I won't be switching back to the Plasma unless I have no alternative. It really is THAT much better.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla