• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Team Tournament! Saturday the 26th of June!

Started by Lennysaurus, June 05, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Damn look like I'll just have to turn up on the day and see what happens then. All good though Alan, shit happens.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on June 15, 2010, 10:19:40 AM
Damn look like I'll just have to turn up on the day and see what happens then. All good though Alan, shit happens.

Just give a shout out. There must be heaps of peeps looking for extra members.

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 15, 2010, 10:21:32 AM
Just give a shout out. There must be heaps of peeps looking for extra members.

Criteria: Must be old and white.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

cha

Suggestions:
#1 winner stays on, that's how every single team match I've seen was done.
#2 instead of 2/3 each players, we get 1 3 rounds game for each player but ft2 as a whole team, i think the time needed would be the similar.
#3 either position cannot be changed, or each team decides their position every game before it starts without the other team knowing, and loser cannot change position (if #2 accepted) coz counter picking (position) is pretty bad in super.

Just my $0.2

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Quote from: cha on June 15, 2010, 12:03:33 PM
Suggestions:
#1 winner stays on, that's how every single team match I've seen was done.

I don't really agree with this based on the discussions a couple pages back - the more people who get to play, the better. We can't have you OCV'ing everyone and then your teammates don't even get to play ;)

#2 instead of 2/3 each players, we get 1 3 rounds game for each player but ft2 as a whole team, i think the time needed would be the similar.

3/5 tends to favour some characters more because they build EX meter quicker - if we keep it standard 2/3 like other tournament matches it makes it closer to Nationals - I see this tournament as a slightly more casual way to introduce some people to the scene (my 2 team mates haven't played in a tournament before)

#3 either position cannot be changed, or each team decides their position every game before it starts without the other team knowing, and loser cannot change position (if #2 accepted) coz counter picking (position) is pretty bad in super.

Just my $0.2

I like that teams can (double blind) change their order before each game - that could be fun, but I don't really mind either way.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ive got to agree with Eru on this.

Although, i WOULD like to see teams able to change the order that they play in, although, the team order isnt really an issue given the way that this tourney is being played.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

cha

Quote from: fluxcore on June 15, 2010, 12:13:25 PM
I take it you haven't seen many team matches then.

ye, i think i should see more, that would make me a better player =)

cha

Quote from: electric on June 15, 2010, 01:00:23 PM
3/5 tends to favour some characters more because they build EX meter quicker - if we keep it standard 2/3 like other tournament matches it makes it closer to Nationals - I see this tournament as a slightly more casual way to introduce some people to the scene (my 2 team mates haven't played in a tournament before)

What i mean is not 3/5 or 2/3, i mean 1/3 or 1/5 rounds wtever for individual players then first to 2 as a whole team.
That is, we go through all the players, that counts as a set, then first to 2 sets.
Well, as I sad just my $0.2, feedbacks welcome.

nvm, i think i misunderstood what 2/3 means =D

cha

Quote from: electric on June 15, 2010, 01:00:23 PM
I don't really agree with this based on the discussions a couple pages back - the more people who get to play, the better. We can't have you OCV'ing everyone and then your teammates don't even get to play ;)

Ye, i agree its better if more people get to play. But plan A leaves more room for strategy imo, and if we actually do double blind it won't be a problem, cause if you really wanna get player C to play, you can place him first the next game, that's the freedom. Or if he wanna stay hidden until the finals he can also do it.

cha

Quote from: zosla on June 15, 2010, 12:46:09 PM
har har har lol!!!
trouble makers.

That's pretty sad if you consider this trouble making.
I sincerely wanna ppl get past the state of mindless provoking instead of actually discussing like an adult,
i'm just raising opinion for ppl to discuss, i'm all good if they're being rejected.

zos'la

Quote from: cha on June 15, 2010, 01:38:43 PM
That's pretty sad if you consider this trouble making.
I sincerely wanna ppl get past the state of mindless provoking instead of actually discussing like an adult,
i'm just raising opinion for ppl to discuss, i'm all good if they're being rejected.

hahaha even more,
I wasn't talking about u diu lei !!! har har har :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Team Iron+Dave are still looking for a 3rd member if anyone is free?
The New Generation Clockw0rk