• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Team Tournament! Saturday the 26th of June!

Started by Lennysaurus, June 05, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: cha on June 15, 2010, 01:17:49 PM
ye, i think i should see more, that would make me a better player =)

More like, it would give you a more valid opinion on organising a team tournament.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

cha

Quote from: fluxcore on June 15, 2010, 05:38:08 PM
More like, it would give you a more valid opinion on organising a team tournament.

Well i'm not organizing anything, i'm giving feedback as a would be participant.
And if you talk about "seen a lot of matches", I'd prefer quality instead of quantity.

And further more, I"m just supporting what is originally written in the rules.

fluxcore

You're weighing in with an opinion and the very first point you make proves that you don't know much about team tourneys.

It's like saying "The new vehicle should be made of wood and be drawn by horses because that's what all vehicles I've seen are like"
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

I trust Lenny knows what he's doing. He's been around the block and knows what would work for the NZ scene.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The fighting between the Admin and THE ULTRALORD is making Birry Wong sad. Because of my mood, I will only eat 19 baby jesuses today. Congratulations guys. I hope you're proud of yourselves.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 16, 2010, 10:02:52 AM
The fighting between the Admin and THE ULTRALORD is making Birry Wong sad. Because of my mood, I will only eat 19 baby jesuses today. Congratulations guys. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

I APPROVE Birry Wong to eat 20 baby jesuses today, just one mroe extra because I think you deserve it!!! hope you enjoy it :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

I'll be making my way to this if it has the grudge match on.  So I'll be a spare for any team if someone needs one :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 16, 2010, 10:28:33 AM
I'll be making my way to this if it has the grudge match on.  So I'll be a spare for any team if someone needs one :)

Jump on Team FREESUPERPIPEWATER with BIRRY WONG and RICHARD UMEHALA
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Yeah sweet as.  Can I catch a ride with you Alan so I can participate ;)

Better start saving up for some munnies to beat onn the grudge match, oh yeah!

cha

Quote from: fluxcore on June 16, 2010, 07:42:57 AM
You're weighing in with an opinion and the very first point you make proves that you don't know much about team tourneys.

It's like saying "The new vehicle should be made of wood and be drawn by horses because that's what all vehicles I've seen are like"

What you are doing here again is going after the person making the point instead of the point itself,
it's just personal attack which takes you nowhere mate.

If I would do the same thing I'd say, I take that you haven't seen a lot of quality matches then.
And you are the one who's saying it should be made of wood and drawn by horses.

Lenny was asking for feedback a couple of pages back there, and I'm doing exactly this and illustrated
my point. So, how much do you know?

If I degrade myself into fighting back a personal attack that would be arguing, be constructive.

fluxcore

The point is you used the reason "because all I've seen is winner stays on" as the sole argument for keeping it as winner stays on, which has no merit whatsoever since many other people have seen an alternative (the current proposed system).

I suggested you broaden your horizons, I guess you don't take constructive criticism well.

As for this whole "watch quality matches" thing, what does that have to do with anything? At least use some argument which makes sense, please.

fluxcore

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 16, 2010, 01:13:14 PM
Yeah sweet as.  Can I catch a ride with you Alan so I can participate ;)

Better start saving up for some munnies to beat onn the grudge match, oh yeah!

I already posted that I can't make it anymore, so... no.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck. Does this mean Team FREESUPERPIPEWATER needs another member AGAIN?

Stay tuned to find out.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Oh bolo.  Hmmm, lets see if I can twist Gino's arm to going up (if his car is not still totally fucked).

Damn I need to get a car :-\