• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Team Tournament! Saturday the 26th of June!

Started by Lennysaurus, June 05, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im only going to say this once, and it may well be the most important thing in this thread.

At NO POINT are ANY OF YOU allowed to start a conversation like this WITHOUT BIRRY WONG.

Im extremely annoyed that i came in this late and am now unable to post a massive wall of text that addresses everybodies point and drops knowledge bombs galore. Any useful info that would normally come from an epic BIRRY WONG post has now been lost in the argument. You have all missed out.

For shame NZism. For shame.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

i like the idea of all 3 people playing .

id learn alot playing a 100 game set with kevin , but playing him in one match during a tourny i learn nothing ... i just get owned one game and its over
hell even when i win , i honestly cant remember what i actually did too win , maybe to much blood flowing to my brain or sumthing .

tho i know when i have a long set against simon etc i learn heaps as after a number of matches i can see what hes taking advantage of , what things i can punish , his tendencys etc and playing casuals hes helped me out heaps like when me him and myron were there and we played bout 6 hours just us three .
never would have learnt anything just getting owned by him like i did at xlan , luckily simon was nice enough to sorta help me out in casuals .

like jacks post above i reckon you level up more with people who are similar to you in skill and you both level up together , strengthening each others games .

anyway , anyone can create a tourny and run it how they want , how come we always gotta argue bout it ?
kinda gets a bit lame .
if its each player gets a turn fine . lets just play that way for this tournament .
whoever organises the next one might wanna do it winner stays on and thats fine too .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

I agree, anyone running a tournament can do whatever they like. They certainly have no obligation to take anyone else's opinion into consideration.

All I want is anyone who DOES stick their oar in to actually state the reasons behind that opinion. It's meaningless to simply have a 4-5 poll of 'winner stays on' vs 'mikado' - it's only when some actually discussion takes place that we begin to understand each other, and the community as a whole.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: zosla on June 17, 2010, 05:40:54 PM
aren't u suppose to be studying Hue?....
go study!!!

I think I have enuff of this kind of discussion, too hard to make people learn.
can't be bothered, got mroe important thigns to do than sit here and explain pages.
ya... i was supposed to study lol..... But nvm, Exam is all about luck.

And yeah, Now, i think u r right. But it worth a try though.
Guess we should just worry about ourselves first before sticking our hands out trying to help and get chopped.

And yes, please organize the tournament at any formats. I will definitely join just to support the community and for some fun.
And If you think i can help in any ways from playing casuals, please let me know, I will be more than happy to do that as well.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

@ Mason & CrazyMobius: Maybe we 3 can do random select money match next Sat?? just take turn and go around. I will only play twice though coz I think losing twice is enough fun for me.

cha

Oh ye and regarding the off-topic topic, I think if anyone wanna become good
they just have to go to places where they have to pay for each game like yifan.
Then you just have to be like imagining its my fucking last $2 every time you
put in the coins. When you lose you just have be like mothafucker! and say
to yourself, ok last last bitch. I think this the fightclub style is the sexiest.

And i've just discovered that I'm explicitly or implicitly using freedom, passion
and hope in my arguments. Next up I should probably try justice or maybe love.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: cha on June 17, 2010, 10:16:48 PM
Oh ye and regarding the off-topic topic, I think if anyone wanna become good
they just have to go to places where they have to pay for each game like yifan.
Then you just have to be like imagining its my fucking last $2 every time you
put in the coins. When you lose you just have be like mothafucker! and say
to yourself, ok last last bitch. I think this the fightclub style is the sexiest.

And i've just discovered that I'm explicitly or implicitly using freedom, passion
and hope in my arguments. Next up I should probably try justice or maybe love.

Nah....... just keep thinking Loser will have to commit suicide after the match. You will play at your best.

And how's your studying Cody? I think u have exam tomorrow? I'm ready to repeat my paper next year. Unless Lady Luck smile at me tomorrow. I would do her a big favor in return.

cha

Tmr exam will be fine, with my current mark if all i want is a pass i just have
to go in write two sentence and get out in 5 mins.
They said its stage 3 paper but they just spent
the whole semester telling me a database is something where you store data in it.
But of course forum and restaurant city are still more attractive when the
other choice you get is looking at the damn notes!

TommyHarmonical

Hey just a quick post for a partner to add to quadrupleOG and myselfs team for the 3v3 coming up. Most likely b using Guile/Rose so if anyones looking for a spot and uses a different main then hit us up. We'll be holdin screenings on xbl for suitable talent this next week. haha! na anyone on this forum will most certainly do just fine. thanks

massi4h

Fuckin asians. I gotta get through by pulling out the race card now and then.

zos'la

Quote from: massi4h on June 18, 2010, 01:08:48 AM
Fuckin asians. I gotta get through by pulling out the race card now and then.

You're wrong Mason, Asian style is pay cash and bribe :) LOL

Hue, I have come to a conclusion for this, don't butt in too much into things. You will be snowed with crap LOL and they are EXTREMELY SMELLY!!!
thats why I put simple reply to most post and if they get it then coolio, if they don't then whatever la, but mostly they think differently and take the words the wrong way and yeah more shit snowing hahahaha!!!

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Wow, are you guys not used to discussing things? Or are you all just magically psychically linked and all share the same opinions?

From what I've heard a few people actually gained something from this particular "snow shit"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: cha on June 17, 2010, 10:58:43 PM
But of course forum and restaurant city are still more attractive when the
other choice you get is looking at the damn notes!

Wow you play Restaurant City! What level are you?

And lol at Andy's superiority complex.  ;D