• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Super Street Fighter IV 3v3 Team Tournament! Saturday the 26th of June!

Started by Lennysaurus, June 05, 2010, 02:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

BIRRY WONG WINS THE MONEY MATCH 1ST to 5

WONG - 5
SKULL - 3

GGS

So much hype, was a good day all around heaps of laughs and heaps of top notch gameplay  ;D ;D
shot jacksmash, simonfishyfishy and geneterror on 1st place 60bucks each ggs boyz.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

K123_iy

First event I tagged along to, ggs played and watched, nice meeting some of you in person.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

ggs to everyone. It was fun. The pause at the final match was pretty sad :( but shit happened.......

I would like to say a big thanks to the organizers and Congratulation to SimonStupidFish, Jacksmash & GeneTerror for winning the tournament.

Also, I felt pretty bad for Cody that he couldn't join coz of me. Our team had 4 members so we had to make a tough decision. It was pretty gay. Otherwise, we would be able to see Ibuki in actions.

FYI, the money match between me & Mason didn't happen coz everyone left right after Bill vs Skullator's match AND THE MOST DISAPPOINTING THING IS NOBODY COMMIT SUICIDE AFTER THE MATCH, I even brought my camera with me this time..................... :( Anyway, I guess nobody interests in our random select matches..... So I talked to Mason and we agreed to do it next time when someone wanna see it happens (probably never lol).

I wanted to upload the money match between Bill and Skullator on youtube tonight so that everyone can see it but unfortunately the file is too big. It's over 1gb and I compressed it to less than 200MB but still..... I'm uploading it on youtube and it says 4 hours waiting time. So I guess we won't see it on youtube till tomorrow.

I've got a few pictures here as well but dunno how to post it so I will just save it for next time. gotta take a rest now, my hp is low.

P.S : I'm using Orcon and apparently the internet connection is pretty shit these days. Keep dropping like at least 10 times/day so I'm not even sure if the vids will be up by tomorrow. But I will leave my PC on all night and see how it goes.

fluxcore

Cheers for the vid work hue, much appreciated (no matter when it turns up)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

ABC_SMN

Hey Hue....
DONT BE TOO SAD ON CODY....

WE ALL CHIP INTO HIM!!!!...

HE IS THE MOST WEALTHIST on the day...... He got more than ME! lol

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: ABC_SMN on June 27, 2010, 01:05:48 AM
Hey Hue....
DONT BE TOO SAD ON CODY....

WE ALL CHIP INTO HIM!!!!...

HE IS THE MOST WEALTHIST on the day...... He got more than ME! lol

it's not about money la..... I don't think he cares about money anyway....... he spent almost 10 hours at giga doing nothing. and he got $50 at the end. That's $5/hour...... even worse than cleaning the toilet. Not to mention giganet charges you $2-3/hour for using internet. But nvm, what is done is done.

And It was the main reason that I performed pretty well today. If I lose too early, it would be meaningless for Cody to give up his game for me and I might be the one that commit suicide after the match...... lol, I kept thinking I cannot lose here no matter what and I'm pretty happy that our team went that far. ^_^

zos'la

gratzs to the boys^^ where is my share simon!!!! I hope u took my money for me :)
mm I just got home not long and its 5 am... very tiring :(
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Hydro

Biggie ups to everyone! Congrats to the winners, looking forward to the next one for sure! :D

electric

It was a great day for sure - shot Lenny for putting it together

Highlight of the day for me was the Umehala OCV - soooooooo beast!!!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on June 27, 2010, 08:24:44 AM
It was a great day for sure - shot Lenny for putting it together

Highlight of the day for me was the Umehala OCV - soooooooo beast!!!

Oh yeah. For those that didn't know, Richard took out our whole team. In way losing was almost worth it.

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 27, 2010, 08:31:24 AM
Oh yeah. For those that didn't know, Richard took out our whole team. In way losing was almost worth it.

Agreed, I don't know what the fuck happened. ??? It's said that a good tradesman doesn't blame his tools but man the set-up felt laggy, worse than that actually, like it would just gobble up inputs and spit nothing out. I didn't do a single combo, that makes me scrub tier. Apparently it's no lag at all, but I've just hooked up the old t.v this morning (lag free) and hit training mode and there's nothing I can't hit lag free, it feels the same as my lcd, no missed c.mp with Rose. . . seriously, wtf was up with that?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

alas i too absolutely failed yesterday , i hit one combo all day on that setup .
i know theres sposed to be no lag on that setup but goddam i suck on it .

like hydro this morning , i just started rocking my xbox on my 29" sony crt and plays just like my lcd bravaia , so i dont really understand if they have no lag why i am su shit on the lagless one at gigga  .
didnt have any trouble on bens crt either the weekend before , maybe i should retire lol

if ben or anyone else wants to bring a crt , i have totally done a 360 and will play on crt rather than the monitors at gigga .

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "