• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Kobo e-reader

Started by Gino, May 28, 2010, 06:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gino

It's pretty cool and is only $300. I almost bought one today. Except for one thing they haven't mentioned in any of the reviews.
To refresh the screen (eg turn a page), the screen turns black, then white and then the writing is displayed.
Sure it doesn't sound too bad, but fuck it is gay after 2 or 3 pages.

Rant over

budafist

yeah I had a nosey at one on display at Britomart today.
looks pretty sweet, although a  touch screen that you just slide across to turn pages would be better.
it'd be sweet for graphic novels/comics but I dont think it does colour.

I havent seen the Amazon Kindle for sale here, I thought that gadget had the e-reading scene sewed up.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

maelgrim

Kobo looks alright, Borders are selling them in Aus (Borders NZ,AUS,Sing & Whitcoulls are part of same company Redgroup).
A reasonable price but yes I am concerned about the speed so interesting to hear that Gino.

Yeah the Kindle is not in NZ yet, it is available in 100 other countries including Aus so maybe oneday they will think of us.
ipad is not far off (July I think) - I know its not eInk (which i'd rather have) but it is an e-reader option & is selling huge overseas.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

iPad is hugely overrated. Do not want.

And yes, I have tried one.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I think as they revise the Ipad, it will become worth owning. Not that blown away by it atm.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

How much is the ipad?

from what i have read i see no real point in owning it (compared to a laptop) except for wank value

samurai black

you can totally pick up chicks with it.

"Hey baby. I have an iPad. Wanna suck my dick?"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

No matter how many times you ask david that im pretty sure he knows you dont have an ipad richard.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

B BOY DRAW2

...you guys seen that app on iPad that lets you hold it up to the stars...and then plots them on the screen and can tell you all about the individual stars and constellations?

That shit is pretty fuckin' awesome if you ask me!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

budafist

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on May 31, 2010, 07:26:35 PM
...you guys seen that app on iPad that lets you hold it up to the stars...and then plots them on the screen and can tell you all about the individual stars and constellations?

That shit is pretty fuckin' awesome if you ask me!

if that dont get ya dick sucked, I dont know what will.

this makes the ipad a million times better
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 31, 2010, 06:44:54 PM
No matter how many times you ask david that im pretty sure he knows you dont have an ipad richard.

worked on you.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Tried the Kobo the other day.

Not too bad, the black & white flashing was a little annoying but not TOO annoying, what was more annoying was the lack of text justification. Also the format support is pretty poor.

One day!

One day pirating books will be worthwhile!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black