• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat 9: You weak pathetic fools!

Started by fluxcore, June 11, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nztauranga

Quote from: CptMunta on March 16, 2011, 01:37:03 PM
Demo up on US playstation store right now. downloading  :)
kewl! Hopefully nz accounts wil b able to download not for yankz only.
-work to live not live to work-><>

Eddy_COMBO

demo has been on the ps3 since last week but it was an psn plus exclusive. Im not one but I think I might join it(you get some pretty deals and some free games). I just can't be bothered paying $90 for 12 months :(
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

CptMunta

It's free right now for everyone on the US psn store and free tomorrow for everyone on the NZ store hopefully. Only 500 MB which is a nice change.

Had a 3 or so of games and it's pretty fun. Haven't worked out the combo or juggling mechanics yet. All I'm doing is basic stuff.

Jump in Punch, Target combo, juggle, Special.

Don't get the differences between the punches and kicks yet I think it might be like tekken with a bit of the MK high low thrown in. Also some moves are mapped different to how you would image (Sub Zero's Ice ball is a hadouken with Kick ??? ) Graphics are really nice. fatalities are Crazy gory, don't really look as silly as they used to.

Game feels a bit stiff, but much less so than the later MK titles. Combos feel alot better but single hits seem to be a bit clumsy. I think this is a pretty early version compared to what they are showing off at conventions and expos.

We are going to have a lols tourney tomorrow night I'll upload match footage after the guys get have had some time with it.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

montstros1ty

Got my hopes up for coming home from work to download this, only to find it still only has the PSplus version :( tomorrow hopefully!
See you at the party Richter!

karizzma

Been playing for 2 hours or so and I'm actually quite enjoying it. Fatality's are awesome and though the game play is a bit stiff, it is still good and reminds me a lot of umk3.

PS. Only really been playing cage

nztauranga

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on March 16, 2011, 09:22:10 PM
Been playing for 2 hours or so and I'm actually quite enjoying it. Fatality's are awesome and though the game play is a bit stiff, it is still good and reminds me a lot of umk3.

PS. Only really been playing cage
i cant find it with my nz a/c must need update?
-work to live not live to work-><>

luckytintinnz

^ It's not out yet on NZ PSN. Well, technically, it's out but for PSN+ users. On US PSN however, it's out for everyone.
OSU!!!

montstros1ty

See you at the party Richter!

luckytintinnz

Played the demo but didn't like it very much, mainly due to the animations. They are kinda stiff and not very stylish. It's crazy how Virtua Fighter 5 got slammed for its animation but no one complained about MK9.
OSU!!!

CptMunta

Here's some matches from our "MK demo for lols" tourney we had at this weeks mashup, we also chat a bit over the matches on our thoughts on the game etc... Most of us have only only played it a couple of times at this stage. The finals has a few basic combos in there as well as a fatality. Caught in 720p if you wanna rock the HD.
Losers Brakcet. Rafity SCORP vs Nick4Now SUB

Losers Final. Redtie SCORP vs Nick4Now SUB

Finals CptMunta P1 vs Nick4Now P2

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

hahaha, mean one guys!

I wonder  if that will happen in MK9 tourneys... "Bro, gotta pause the game so I can do my fatality" ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

if i get into this, i might play kabal. hook swords look fun :D

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Chalice

been playing the demo on expert thought id share a few things...

I know what you mean by the gameplay is stiff... but all new MK's have been like that so whoopdeeshit.
Combos in this I haven't fully sussed out... BUT you can go directly into moves pretty easy, for instance with sub zero I can combo+freeze then combo again into Xray.... Fucks their shit up without them being able to do SHIT... As far as I know this is all pretty free form so whatever people come up with should work within reason... and...

Street fighter 4 is still better ;)

Lennysaurus

I actually enjoyed mucking around with this demo the other day.  Damage is going to be pretty nuts though I reckon.

So um yeah, I am pleasantly surprised.  Hopefully it is that good, and is tourney worthy.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero