• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

TEKKEN

Started by samurai black, June 19, 2007, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

man, spamming the forums. anyways, more details about t6 has surfaced. go here to find out more.

www.sdtekken.com

fluxcore

Do more damage as your life gets lower? *groan*

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

im keen for some rage explosions. mainly so i can do so much damage that it carries over into the next round. itll be sexy as hell.

also, i heard yoshi wont have his sword anymore, so there goes my hopes of stabby goodness with him.

Coddfish

I think damage increase as your life gets lower could actually be good.
Its a nice method of including "reverse slippery slope", as long as its not too broken. Although, a lot of fighting games have increased defense as your life gets lower, and that system is always balanced well enough, so it shouldn't be too hard to balance.

On the other hand, if you get the scaling curve in such a way that its not a huge difference until you have just a sliver of life, that could open a very interesting strategy. Get reduced to tiny life, at which point BnB's suddely scale up to like 50% to 70%. Real gambler strategy, fun fun fun :D

fluxcore

I see taking less damage as you get low on life as a completely artificial way to lengthen the game - apart from rounding, there's no appreciable difference I can see from just giving everyone more health. It makes no sense that your moves should do less damage to a beaten up opponent.

Even if the dead guy makes a comeback, then the previously winning guy also takes less damage, so it really makes no difference - it just LOOKS like you've made a great comeback health-bar wise, when in fact you've still got a fairly long way to go, damage wise.
I see dealing more damage the same way. Again, you just smack the other guy harder until he's back at your level and then he smacks you just as good - just hope you've maintained the momentum of the match afterwards. You can balance it however much you want, it's just a gimmick, and makes it harder to estimate how much life each player actually has left vs how much they can take - and that's fucking annoying. It would also piss me off to get a guy down to no life, and then have to turtle just so that a single combo from him doesn't kill me... I really don't think the gameplay is bettered by such an addition. I'd look to the newer Samurai Shodowns for ways of limiting/gaining damage output for various situations... makes more sense. Of course, look how much 'fuck, I have half health, but one lucky hit and I'm dead' there is in THAT!

Other stupid gimmicky stuff in t6:
Multi level, breakable stages a la DOA and Mortal Kombat (deception/armageddon?) that you will be able to do more combos on
Items which give your characters moves.
Other namco-ness that will mean t6 won't be a properly playable game until T6.pi

Oh, and I think Yoshi has 2 styles - one with fists and one with two swords?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

so i just watched one of the gameplay footage videos, and things didnt seem to bad. damage seemed pretty normal. i didnt really see any indication of this rage meter, so theres nothing ridiculous so far...

Eddy_COMBO

Man thats some good sh_t lol Rage will be similar to the Tetsu?? gimmick that was in TTT cool.
Leo seems cool Im gonna use her dont care what anyone says lol imo she looks like a flamboyant boy lol

I hope Eddy isnt toned down too much. I can see some areas that might change but f_ck Namco please leave Eddy alone >:(. Also of course I hope Xtie an Eddy have different Capoeira styles that'll be cool.

Devil Jin toned down, Heihachi without TPs is lookin up  ;D lol
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Ahh yeah, I forgot about that Tag 'partner gets pissed' system... makes more sense to me then this rage thing though - and there was health regen to make up for it if you were cunning.

--flux

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

So like who can tell me a leet killa combo with King :-\

I played the other day and go beasted on by a Steve/Law player  :'(
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on August 15, 2007, 08:48:30 PM
So like who can tell me a leet killa combo with King :-\

I played the other day and go beasted on by a Steve/Law player  :'(

Oh I can launch(u/f+4 for example) f+2,2, 2or1, 1, iSW  = your fukn pr0
or jus do my ezpz style combo lol...
launch, 2,1, 1, f+1+3 hehe....

But Im sure KingPic can fill us in cause he's King pr0 man

Steve/Law hmmm ive im guessing right that guy is fukn annoying....

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on August 16, 2007, 03:54:29 PM
iSW?

Soz bro....Instant Shining Wizard. Shining Wizard is a wrestling move, Clark has it as well its a crouch throw im sure.

f,f,f+2+4 (or while running 2+4)

Its called Instant because of the fact that you have to be running but with manual/technical magic you can do ff(for a dash) neutral then press f+2+4 before you've finished dashing :o otherwise it'll jus be a f+2+4. Funky shit yet I still cant get it sussed, too hard lol

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

I know what a shining wizard is lol....but yeah instant even...hmmmm

aww tru.....sounds cool.....hmm i'll try it 2moro hopefully, i always play and then i get beasted on.....bastards come to mvc2 hahaha....oh well

Eddy_COMBO

hehe my bad lol hard to find wrestling freaks nowadays haha :D ;D

I wish Clark had a slomo of him doin the shining wizard shit is vely shhexyyy.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

lol i prefer the term wrestling enthusiast :P