• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

SSF4 PS3 Monthly Online Tournament

Started by Flash, June 28, 2010, 07:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trialacc

Will be on tonight to try and finish off my matches with Karrizma, Spaz_02 And smoofikith. Hope you guys will be on tonight

CptMunta

Electric vs Cptmunta

Set 1 Cptmunta

Set 2 electric

Set 3 electric

Electric wins

Ggs bro :)

BinkNinja vs CptMunta

Set one Cptmunta

Set two cptmunta

Set 3 cptmunta

Cptmunta wins

Ggs bro.

Missed your invite imag was playing bunk when I got your invite. Kept sending you invites to matches, invites to chat and messages but no dice. Maybe you were in endless winning and couldn't quit out. No worries.

So that's basically me for this tourney and me being on psn online for the next few months most likely. Good idea with the pool play setup flash. Stops there from being too many people to organize games with.

Cheers for everyone in chat helping organize matches and to skull for judging my games.

Good luck everyone. I'll keep checking these forums to see the outcome :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Skullator

Cheers for helping kick it off Marc, hope your trip is immense bro

Edit: Oh and looks like you took second if you want to advance this month!

Flash

you will have untill the 24th to play your matches so be a bit more organised please there were alot of unplayed pool matches which lead to some confusion but all is sorted now. If a time is not organised between players it will be defaulted between 9-10 on the 24th so stay online preferrebly for the whole hour if player A leaves at 9:30 and player B turns up at 9:50 win will be awarded to player B.

Quarter Final 1

weazzyefff   vs   Snake1337_FTW

Quarter Final 2

Ryuuk08   vs   ScribbleART

Quarter Final 3

SkullatorNZ   vs   electric4321

Quarter Final 4

syngin   vs   theflash2000

CPTmunta can you confirm if you are still in this tourney or pulling out please if you pull out second place in pool A will go to electric4321.
The next tourney I am implementing a points system to benefit those that actually play their pool matches something like this but is subject to change. Was feeling for griever when i was calculating the points because he went out of his way to organise matches and got hurt for doing so.

Win=3 points
default win=2 points
Loss=1.5 points
default loss=0 points
default draw=0 points

any queries regarding these results or about the tournament in general post below.

EDIT: Shout out to Skull for helping fill in the brackets. Helped alot.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

geneterror

Yo scribble sorry about last night. By the time my friend left it was to late.

I just have to play my matchs with you ans xFistx. Eitehr of you guys want to organise a time with me tonight or Weds night as I'm going to be out Thurs/Fri.
KOW 2011

Skullator

I think the mentioned date of the 24th is the new pool end date starting with NEXT months tournament.

CptMunta

Sorry martinizzle, have to pull out.
Promised my wife last night that I won't be on for the rest of the week since there is still so much shit to organize before going away for a few months. Last night was my last hurrah!  :( Kinda happy with result. Me and Weazzys games were pretty tight as were they with Electric last night. I felt like I learned alot of what not to do when it really counts and how I have to work on keeping my options open even if I'm controlling the match early on.

Though me and Skull's matches are always close, he has the edge and has won more casuals, probably a 2-1 ratio. We could even count our last 3 matches with our mains which would be at least 2 - 1 to Skull anyways  :) But no quams with Electric taking my spot with his beast Abel.

Be keen to see finals for this. Hopefully someone can save reservation and watch it in replay channel with everyone at some stage. Someone could just video their monitor and upload to Youtube even.

I'll be back October and am keen to be in the next run of this or more likely the one after :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

electric

Quote from: CptMunta on July 20, 2010, 09:39:26 AM
Sorry martinizzle, have to pull out.
Promised my wife last night that I won't be on for the rest of the week since there is still so much shit to organize before going away for a few months. Last night was my last hurrah!  :( Kinda happy with result. Me and Weazzys games were pretty tight as were they with Electric last night. I felt like I learned alot of what not to do when it really counts and how I have to work on keeping my options open even if I'm controlling the match early on.

Though me and Skull's matches are always close, he has the edge and has won more casuals, probably a 2-1 ratio. We could even count our last 3 matches with our mains which would be at least 2 - 1 to Skull anyways  :) But no quams with Electric taking my spot with his beast Abel.

Be keen to see finals for this. Hopefully someone can save reservation and watch it in replay channel with everyone at some stage. Someone could just video their monitor and upload to Youtube even.

I'll be back October and am keen to be in the next run of this or more likely the one after :)

Cheers Marc for letting me slide in to your spot (no homo) - Skull rapes me pretty free (no homo) but I'll try take him (no homo)

They were some damn close matches... I knew for sure after that first round that I should have had U2 at the ready... Abel has a really hard time covering the back dash with any sort of solidity, so you have to use option selects - thinking back on it now, I've got a few ideas on how I can cover it a little better next time.

Those damn orbs are a pain in the ass to deal with... I'm going to have to work on some safer ways around those... Safe jumps, safe rolls... Hmm - I'll have to try get some games in with Hydro's Rose in your absence :)

GG's again bro - I feel like if you'd kept your composure a little better as the rounds progressed, it would have been a different result for sure.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Skullator

Your Abel pretty free? My memories must be foggy! lol
I'll be around tonight if you're keen electric, or this weekend for sure.

Flash

Quote from: Skullator on July 20, 2010, 09:36:17 AM
I think the mentioned date of the 24th is the new pool end date starting with NEXT months tournament.

the 24th is end date for quarter finals between 9-10

the 27th is the end date for semis between 9-10

last day of the month for grand finals between 9-10

allgood

Skullator

electric

Quote from: Skullator on July 20, 2010, 10:41:32 AM
Your Abel pretty free? My memories must be foggy! lol
I'll be around tonight if you're keen electric, or this weekend for sure.

Yeah I'll be on some time after 7:30/8pm tonight... looking forward to it
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Flash

Also for the next tournament i'm gonna make it first to 3 matches for the quarter and semi finals and first to 5 matches for the grand final still best of 3 rounds though, just to make it a bit longer and more intense.

we can implement this rule now if you guys dont mind for this tournament. But if anyone objects it will stay the same best of 3 matches and best out of 3 rounds. What do you guys think. just trying to make our next tournament better with more games played.

Skullator

Sounds cool, but some people are struggling to make the time though so may not be the best idea.
Grand finals at first to 3 or 5 would be sweet though.

I sorted out a template and tabs on the bottom of the spreadsheet for the next couple months dude, saves the link having to be constantly changed and keeps a nice record of it all. Can make the current month the first tab to appear on click too.

K123_iy

Should have read instructions and stayed online bit longer last night lol, ggs to the people I got to play