• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

King of Chinatown - Justin Wong / Empire Arcadia Documentary

Started by psychocrusherproductions, June 30, 2010, 10:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychocrusherproductions

King of Chinatown Showing in Manhattan
The King of Chinatown is finished and we are ready to tell our story. For 10.00 You can see it Tuesday @ 8pm August 3rd at the Anthology Film Archives in NYC. Come see the story of Triforce and Justin trying to pay the rent while working in the video game industry, playing games and managing players. Can their rivals stand in their way? ;)

Anthology Film Archives
32 Second Ave
New York, NY 10003

http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/

We just put out a new trailer which you can view and comment @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INOhG2WlttM

or twitter http://twitter.com/kingofchinatown

and to see why we were late, because there is good reason, check out our last interview @ http://www.justin.tv/empirearcadia_tv/b/265737952

We released a few clips from the movie on there that have never been seen before.

We love you and your support. You will not be dissapointed... it's a real film, with a real message, and a real story.

massi4h

Checked out the trailer from EH a few minutes ago. Looks pretty interesting and I feel awesome for recognizing all the faces on that video. A year ago I probably wouldn't know one of them.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

its a shame we live in newzealand and will never get to see this :(

looks like a fun watch
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

samurai black

fluxcore

Looks like an awesome video, and one I've been looking forward to since the initial announcements around SRK. I really hope we get the opportunity to watch it sometime!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

Hmm just watched the trailer. And no flamebait intended but it made me feel a little embarrassed to be a fighting game player. It felt very contrived and bombastic. Hopefully it will rescue itself by delving deeper into Wong's life and psyche rather than just showing him winning various tournaments and driving from state to state which sounds like like a trite as snoozefest.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 01, 2010, 10:12:11 AM
Hmm just watched the trailer. And no flamebait intended but it made me feel a little embarrassed to be a fighting game player. It felt very contrived and bombastic. Hopefully it will rescue itself by delving deeper into Wong's life and psyche rather than just showing him winning various tournaments and driving from state to state which sounds like like a trite as snoozefest.
No offence but the one you want it to be sounds like a gay fest lol.

Man i hope we get to see this ay.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: weazzyefff on July 02, 2010, 06:26:48 PM
No offence but the one you want it to be sounds like a gay fest lol.

Yeah I don't much like the American take on the scene. I would love to see a doco about Street Fighter scenes in lesser shown parts of the world, Europe and other Asian countries outside of Japan.

maelgrim

Yeah i'm in 2 minds on this.
I sorta agree with CrazyMobius - some of the comments really make me cringe

but I also think its a good thing that stuff like this is being made so I have to support the intent and hope that it helps grow the scene & inspire others.
& who knows the whole thing might end up being good - i'd definitely watch
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

budafist

I'm definately keen to see this, but I must admit I was quite dissapointed with 'I got Next'
I just find the American style a bit overhyped and sumwot cheesey. theres only so much footage of the players lbeing chuffed with themselves that I can handle.

I agree mobius, I wanna see some underground European or Japan scenes, we dont get to see very much of it.

but tbh I'd rather see: King of Mid City - Birry Wong / Yifans Arcadia Documentary.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

fluxcore

Still want to see Bang the Machine the most though :/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on July 03, 2010, 12:01:03 PM
Still want to see Bang the Machine the most though :/
Same,
Kinda when the game was dying out a bit and how the hard core had to pull it together to send people to Japan. Long before streams, YouTube and the net in general could showcase skills.

It'd be interesting for hear what newcomers that came along with sf4 think of bang the machine.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I saw a bit of it ay. Alex Valle was like whoa look where they have their tournaments (Japan). But i bet America tournaments more bigger now ay, like EVO. Gods goarden they were sitting on the floor lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

CrazyMobius

Bang the Machine! I remember I rang up Ant Timpson on Bfm to see if he would consider it for the international film festival that year. Obviously it didn't make the cut.