• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Net nerds advice needed....

Started by geneterror, July 08, 2010, 09:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Hey guys I need a bit of quick advice.

Suzannah and I are thinking of buying a second PS3 and TV (prob 32" or 37") but one of the main things we want it for is to be able to play games like Red Dead redemption Co-Op and maybe FF14 when it comes out. Most of the time we'll be playing the same game at the same time but not online we're just getting impatient waiting for each other when we're sharing the same game haha. But we're also just getting sick of the amount of games that have multiplayer of Co-Op  that we can't play because it's all online now.
I was just wondering if you guys think 1 good internet connection would be able to handle this, 2 of us beiing online at once because we can't afford a second phoneline and net connection. I get about 7Mb down and a ping of 33ms to WXC Auckland unsure of what my uplaod is at the moment can check when I get home.. Obviously I have no intention of trying to play Street Fighter while Suzannah is onlie at the same time but was wondering if other games are less net intensive. I'm pretty n00b when it comes to this sort of shit.
I'm hoping Bevan can bring his PS3 over this weekend so we can try it out.
KOW 2011

Rorooze

Simulacrum

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Cool that your girl plays games man.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HoneyBadger

You could probably even play SF while she is online :3
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Barnstorm

Every thursday I go over to my bros place and 3-5 of us would play MW2 online on his telstra connection which use to be a 4Mb down 2Mb up and we never had any problems

So just two of you should have no problems at all

geneterror

My up is nothing like 2Mb though.

Here is my speedtest.net result now that I'm home.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Looks like we'll be doing it then. She's all keen now and wants to go get both this weekend haha I'd still like to try it out first though.

Oh well it'll make the next jam at mine easier haha all we'll need is two more PS3 sticks ;D
KOW 2011

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on July 08, 2010, 01:48:35 PM
Oh well it'll make the next jam at mine easier haha all we'll need is two more PS3 sticks ;D

just cheap it out with a couple of converters like i do haha