• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Streaming NZ Tournament events.

Started by CrazyMobius, July 12, 2010, 08:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Anyone out there know how hard this would be?

fluxcore

There are many barriers, and almost no reason to do it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 12, 2010, 08:03:47 AM
Anyone out there know how hard this would be?

From a technical point of view, it's fairly straight forward - but from a costs point of view, it's quite expensive - you need multiple cameras, screen capturing cards, a computer beefy enough to handle all the feeds in real time AND some fairly expensive software to produce it all. On top of that, you need an internet tube thick enough to transport it to a Ustream/Stickam/Justin.tv server.

There are some good articles on SRK about it though, and personally, I think it'd be kinda cool to try band some shit together just to try it out - I know there is a lot of talent in our community and I'm sure there's plenty of generous people willing to donate gear for the day to give it a go.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

I'd rather the effort went into a good post tourney DVD to be honest. Most of the people that care about our nationals will be AT them haha.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Im mucking around with something atm.  I have finally Got a recording device to do 720x576 at 30 FPS, the only problem is that I can only get this resolution when the console is hooked up to an SD setup e.g: through a yellow/red/white or a component chord.  Which basically fucks us for nats  cause we'll be using PC Monitors.

I have a device that can convert a vga signal into an RCA one, but it fucks out at any res that isnt 800 x 600@60HZ, 800 x 600@75HZ, 1024 x 768@60HZ, or 1280 x 1024@HZ.

Any one got any ideas?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Quote from: geneterror on July 12, 2010, 09:02:30 AM
I'd rather the effort went into a good post tourney DVD to be honest. Most of the people that care about our nationals will be AT them haha.

qft
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I reckon we should just upload the last couple of games. The rest will not be worth it lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Quote from: weazzyefff on July 12, 2010, 10:21:33 AM
I reckon we should just upload the last couple of games. The rest will not be worth it lol.

also qft

don't want to see a bunch of 'top players' dropping combos

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

geneterror

KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Ideally I want to do a dvd with top 8 games from each game

Plus I will scout the bracket for the top players facing off and get  them as well.

Then you bastards buy it and we can start getting our own hardware in this bitch

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

KOW 2011