• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360,PS3) - 18/02/2011

Started by geneterror, August 03, 2010, 09:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah sweet, I'll go mine tomorrow when my dad gets home from work so I can use his CC.

Lennysaurus

Sorry guys dont enter "Lenny sent me" as a coupon code, just enter it asa comment at the end of the purchase.

Apologies yo!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Chuckk

Not that anyone cares, but EB IS releasing MvC3 on Thursday the 17th, if you pre-order you get the sticker pack, and the 48 page art book, as well as a comic.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Rorooze

wtf. Are they allowed to break street date?

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

massi4h

Preorder done from LiveWire. Sweet as guys.

ROCOABC

Quote from: Chuckk on January 27, 2011, 11:44:02 AM
It's possible the Street Date is different, as Capcom's distributor has been known to release games on the Thursday, and so other retailers will begin to show this new date soon, or EB fist fucks little retailers by doing this. kind of hoping it's the latter.

Ok coming back from work today I have a few more details.

EB Marketing shows the release date as the 17th. The release date as far as systems go etc is still the 18th. HOWEVER, there is a HIGH chance that the game will be sold on the Thursday the 17th, as the same thing happened with Dead Space 2 yesterday/today. Release date was today but we were selling it yesterday because our marketing claimed the 27th, customers came in, saw it, and so we obliged and sold it to them.

To sum up, no guarantee it will be sold on the 17th at EB but you can make a fairly substantial claim if you go in and ask them to sell it to you, and managers from other nearby stores might sell it on the 17th and help you get a copy. But you may be refused. While I'm sure none of you really care because of this Livewire setup, which is awesome, I am just letting you know.

Obviously if you pre-order with EB you will get the stickers, art book and comic, but the price at EB is $130 not, $113 or whatever Livewire has. I didn't tell you this, but because there is no DLC code with Marvel, you could buy it from EB and return it the next day if you really really wanted it that 1 day early before your Livewire copy arrived.

I don't care what you think about EB or whether you're going to buy it from them, I'm just trying to help people get a hold of the game as soon as they possibly can.

Hey Chuckk, if you don't mind me asking.. you an EB Staff?  And if so which store/branch?  PM me if you want.

Vivasanti

Falcon Supreme

17th is the new Official Street Date.

Just been officially confirmed today. Livewire Games is releasing the game on the 17th.

Livewire is also getting Sticker pack and Comic Book. boys there confirmed it today.
(Id rather pay $113 that the EB murder price ($129) screw the artbook.

But the so called EB games "Artbook" is a bit derp cause only the US limited edition has a art book.

electric

17th... Gay

I won't get to play it until the 19th after cricket since I'll be in Wellington for work :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

FArrrrk is it $129 for game at EB? Farrrk. I need to mow someones lawns to afford this game  :'(
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

ROCOABC

Quote from: Falcon Supreme on February 07, 2011, 09:31:15 PM
17th is the new Official Street Date.

Just been officially confirmed today. Livewire Games is releasing the game on the 17th.

Livewire is also getting Sticker pack and Comic Book. boys there confirmed it today.
(Id rather pay $113 that the EB murder price ($129) screw the artbook.

But the so called EB games "Artbook" is a bit derp cause only the US limited edition has a art book.

The Artbook is part of the comic book.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black