• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Tagging thread

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, August 09, 2010, 05:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah Loaded is got the ill colours. Harlem use to be cool then it went shit, is it gone good again? I use to go Harlem and tag on that glass counter then go loaded and tag in the toilets with my stolen VHT's lol. I got no money for cans mane, gotta spend that shit on beewahs and bourbino's.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 09, 2010, 05:09:39 PM
Yeah Loaded is got the ill colours. Harlem use to be cool then it went shit, is it gone good again? I use to go Harlem and tag on that glass counter then go loaded and tag in the toilets with my stolen VHT's lol. I got no money for cans mane, gotta spend that shit on beewahs and bourbino's.

I gotta ask, cause I'm curious, but the whole tagging thing whats that for?  Is it like a rebellion against society thing?

I'm talking about the tagging stuff, not like the actual underground artwork that some people do that looks really rad.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on August 09, 2010, 05:33:51 PMI'm talking about the tagging stuff, not like the actual underground artwork that some people do that looks really rad.
I don't think I can answer that without getting into a rage inducing arguement. Both look awesome to me and a good handstyle can be just as good if not better than one of the giant stompers everyone creams themselves over so much.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Those people stand there drawing for fucking ages having a chat about 'did you watch shorty street last night dude?' while no'one in the real underground gives a rats ass lol. They got permission and they are fags, trust me we use to wlk off with their cans and shit and they would stand their like 'oh man'.

Plus they get there cans given to them and shit. When we are out risking our shit taxing cans from K mart and Mitre 10, Repco and Supercheap and any other lil hardware shop with a door.

It's like comparing working at a drug store to selling drugs. Kna mean!

If you see me at broad daylight hanging over the motorway bridge doing a piece that takes about 1 min you would respect that way more than those homo's.

You get pussy and free groupies if you do real dodgy shit. People have died doing what i 'used' to do.

I'm over it now anyway i went to the wizard and gotta brain.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

samurai black

Quote from: geneterror on August 09, 2010, 11:31:29 AM
Real talk is if you are buying it to come on a late night mission with me ;)
watch out for middle aged white guys with knives.

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on August 09, 2010, 05:33:51 PM
I gotta ask, cause I'm curious, but the whole tagging thing whats that for?  Is it like a rebellion against society thing?
from what i understand its a fame/notoriety kinda thing.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on August 09, 2010, 05:45:52 PM
I don't think I can answer that without getting into a rage inducing arguement. Both look awesome to me and a good handstyle can be just as good if not better than one of the giant stompers everyone creams themselves over so much.

Oh sorry, I don't mean to offend, I literally don't know anything about it and was curious.  Is it very big?  Got any examples of a good handstyle and a stink one you can post?  Actually in asking that, what is handstyle?

I'm honestly just really curious, as to me it just looks like scribble and is hard to read.  it would interest me understanding the thought process and the motivation behind doing it.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on August 09, 2010, 05:47:50 PM
from what i understand its a fame/notoriety kinda thing.
Yeah it's this in short.

Good handstyles would be mostly GBAK, dudes like Berst and Kersom are the dopest.

It's distancing from the wall with the can which gives the style most of it's affect. The rest is evolution of biting from others who walked the tracks before us R.I.P.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The ACTUAL graffiti art shit looks badass. Even if they didnt have to steal their cans. Im talking about the shit Berst and Kersom etc do here. The rugged tagging on the mens bathroom wall is just fucking terrible. And haha GBAK. Wasnt Rowan in GBAK Dave?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

B BOY DRAW2

There's a lot going on in the graff scene...
Tags, Throw-ups, Burners...Hand styles, Letter styles...
Then it also depends on your influences...
East coast, West Coast, Europe...

And what it's about...depends on who you are.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

Lennysaurus

Just to clarify are we talking about the same thing here?  Like when I go to the bus-stop and some dude has written all over it in Twink/Vivid/Spray paint in writing that I can't read is that cool?  What is the motivation and stuff for that?

fluxcore

fuck yeah I love when I'm eating lunch at a park bench and someone has scratched "FUK U NIGGAZ CRIPZ" in the wood - I really want to find that guy and give him lots of money and handjobs

but only if he'd stolen the implement used to scratch it. otherwise that's just tryhard.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: [FSR] Lenny on August 09, 2010, 10:39:46 PM... some dude has written all over it in Twink/Vivid/Spray paint in writing that I can't read is that cool?  What is the motivation and stuff for that?

Unfortunately...that can sometimes be the start. Tagging...mainly used to notify who you are or who or where you reperesent.
Something like "FSR Lenny" can be a tag! You're proud of who you are and represent aren't you Lenny...? maybe you wouldn't tag it at the local bus stop...or even tattoo it on your stomach...
Maybe you'd tag it on your TE...?

Because you can't read it isn't what makes it cool.
If it was in another language you might still find it hard to read...

It's pretty hard to actually explain what it means to be a graff writer.

If those tags weren't on the bus stop but on the front door of your house...you'd be spewing!

But if someone did a bad ass FSR LENNY piece on a canvas and gave it to you...you'd be pretty stoked right?
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

Lennysaurus

I can understand what you mean about it being hard to explain, cause its really hard to understand.

I guess it comes down to what you value more in the action.  If you value the aesthetics of it then I could understand better but from what I'm gauging that isn't the case or point behind it.  If you value the whole "anarchy" and "rebellion" side of it then I guess I could slightly understand it, sort of like who can do the biggest or baddest tag on the most daring place.

On that note does that mean the stuff on the bus stop is "lame" coming from the rebellious anarchist angle?  Considering the low risk of going to a bus stop and using a vivid?  If they were to do the exact same thing on a police station would that be considered better?

Also is there meant to be an underlying message on non-conformity?  (lol is that a word?)  Like is this how people display their displeasure with society and it's a statement that they don't accept what the current norms are and want change?

Interested in your guys replies.

fluxcore

It gives criminals something to do while performing their community service! Cleaning the tags right back off! Like a self-fulfilling prophecy!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness