• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

SSF4 Fortnightly Ranking Battles - 26th Nov 2010

Started by Rorooze, September 01, 2010, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

Ya don't know why. Hopefully these arcade changes will be good and I can go to my true character... HAKAN!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I like repping the minority shit. Its why i try to be competitive with Anakaris in marvel.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

I think elf has definitely been over represented lately!

Think about it, 3 elfs for two 16 player ranbats. Thats pretty high really.

Bill, play DAN.

karizzma

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 07, 2010, 01:30:17 PM
I like repping the minority shit. Its why i try to be competitive with Anakaris in marvel.

As do I. Maybe my new char Cody can help me win the next ranbat.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on October 07, 2010, 01:55:53 PM
As do I. Maybe my new char Cody can help me win the next ranbat.

Haha fuck you asshole.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

What's the chances of getting hyper or HDR on a casual setup again after? I'll pay to do that, but still not really
keen to bother with the actual ranking battles. I'm still too green to learn anything from being brutalized in 15 seconds
every round. LOL.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Rorooze

It all depends how many people are keen to play HDR/HF once people start getting knocked out! If a reasonable amount of people wanna have a jam on it then we don't really have a problem with chucking it on but if it's only 2-3 of you against 20 people wanting to play SSF4 then it's pretty hard to justify 33% of the setups being used for 10-15% of the players.

toomeke used to bring a 3S setup to the ranbats so people could have a jam on that but IIRC he paid for the majority of it himself, you could do that too if you're really keen on just playing HDR, put your $10 entry towards a setup (we can arrange a monitor for you in advanced) and try get a few guys to chip in with ya.

Basically, I can't promise shit, but if the demand is there on the night I don't see why we can't do it!

CaptainHook

How much do you have to pay for a setup?
I could prob bring everything i own if it's easier. (i got a benq G2420HD cause peeps said it was lag free and logitech Z4 speakers..)

Rorooze

It costs $10 bucks an hour to run a setup. Even if you bring your own monitor, xbox, sticks and game, it still costs $10 bucks.

We usually just take our own sticks and xboxs and use the giga monitors so we don't have to lug monitors around town, and that if someone who usually brings a lag free LCD doesn't show, we're not down a setup. it also means we're not just paying $10 for power/venue hire either, we get monitors for our money too!

CaptainHook

Lol, okay. Thanks for the info.

Last time people played HF after ranbats.. who's keen for that again?? :)

originaljulz

I can relate to that whole "I don't go to ranbats because I don't learn much from being fucked in 15 seconds" lol.

Get some BB:CS going xD
Training for the Xmas tourney.

I'm not even that great at BB:CS because I don't get to fight anything other than the stupid AI, so my human vs human skill is pretty shit, which is why I'm always down for CS practice.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

zos'la

lol.. Admins, if you're only borrowing their monitors\ power space. U can ask the owner to give u a better deal, $5\ hour.
Thats what I payed every other time I had a setup :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: originaljulz on October 08, 2010, 03:03:23 AM
I can relate to that whole "I don't go to ranbats because I don't learn much from being fucked in 15 seconds" lol.

If you say this then I don't really think you're approaching the game with the right mentality. Even if you don't learn much from getting smashed, there's a lot to learn from talking to people and watching the games. If anything you should at least pick up some matchup knowledge from watching the other people play. Most of the dudes are pretty sweet so you can at least ask them "Why did you do (x) here?" and they'll usually give you a decent answer.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Rorooze

Julz, come along anyway, if you get rolled in the double elim bracket you'll still get to play heaps of casuals and you'll get heaps of tips on your play! And if you're still not keen, bring a setup for blazblue and you can teach me how to play that once the ssf4 brackets are finished!!