• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SSF4 Fortnightly Ranking Battles - 26th Nov 2010

Started by Rorooze, September 01, 2010, 07:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

julz just rock up next Friday introduce yourself and we'll set something up for ya. before you do though, have a look at some vids to see who you think you might wanna play, then we can find someone who mains that character to go through the basics with you. no worries!

originaljulz

Well, my play history consists of like, 10 Ryu battles lol so I'll prob stick to him. I can only play at the arcades so SSF chars prob won't be useful till I get the game at home. Otherwise I think I saw a Juri video and she looks ballin.

I wasn't planning on doing anything cept uni stuff till after exams, but yeah I might just take the night off next Fri and come down.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CaptainHook

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 08, 2010, 04:27:12 PM
You missed the point a bit there. Im saying, come to the fortnightly races, and learn how to run.

But that's what i said, let me learn how to stand and walk before telling me to start running.

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 08, 2010, 04:27:12 PMDont think of the ranbats matches as competitive, but use them as a gauge.

I don't exactly need a gauge to tell me i'm a newb right now. :D

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 08, 2010, 04:27:12 PMAsk how you can counter it effectively, get peoples insight on the matter.

"Hey, why did i lose that ranbat match?"

"Be more specific."

"Uh.. i tried to block some shit.. and i tried to hit the guy a few times.. not sure what else happened really.. "

"Yeah, learn the basics. Normals. Anti-airs. Combos. Etc."

LOL.

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on October 08, 2010, 04:27:12 PMThe great thing about Ranbats is that there ARE people there like Lenny who can help you out as youre playing.

During casuals afterwards right? I wouldn't expect someone to talk me through the game in a ranbat match, it would be wasting their time.
So casuals appeal to me at this stage, ranking matches don't.

Quote from: samurai black on October 08, 2010, 10:27:32 PM
fuck that, just turn up and have fun. sf4 is boring as fuck to play on your own.

you folk are over thinking this shit.

You're perhaps giving too much credit to any thought that went into my posts, or any from the Birry he has ever made. :D
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Rorooze

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Goddammit hook. You're not giving yourself enough credit. So fine, I'll stop arguing. But I reserve the right to an 'I told you so' when I am proven correct.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

I've kinda lost track what it is that will be proven. But i do as the Birry says.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

Lennysaurus

Get everyone down there guys so that we have a good showing for the film crew!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

I think everyone who is still in the scene is making it down
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on October 12, 2010, 10:54:06 AM
Super Keen!!

Bro what time are you heading in ? lets hit up Heat before hand - maybe this time they'll give me the burger I ordered lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

karizzma

Maybe 5ish bro. Got class till 3 then bus from there. Keen for Heat though bro... no one bringing the pizza this time lol

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA