• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PS360 PCB order thread

Started by Rorooze, October 03, 2010, 04:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

You'll replace the old pcb entirely. You'll need to isolate the turbo and guide/home buttons from all the other wires in the turbo panel - will need to work out which of the wires those are (plus the gnd wire).

Then basically there's the usb cable coming in from the back of the TE, and I think it's soldered onto the old pcb (from memory). WRITE DOWN which colour wires go to which of the points - they will be labelled (D+, D-, Vcc and Ground or similar). Unsolder it, and you can solder those 4 wires from the usb cable onto the little extra plug that came with your ps360. The plug has the same labels on it, so you can work out which wires to link up.

The stick has a connector plug which I think goes to another connector plug on the TE pcb. You'll need to chop the wires (black from recollection) somewhere near the TE pcb end so you have things to shove in the PS360's terminal strip holes. Not sure about lengths at this stage, you might need to splice in some extra wire.

You'll also need to cut the grey wires from the button pcb (where all the quick disconnects are). This is actually the bit I'm most questionable about - terminal strips tend to like big fat wires to grip onto, and those grey wires are pretty thin. I'm a little worried that they might slip out. Might need to tin them heavily with solder or boost their fatness in some other manner perhaps. Length is also another possible issue here.

Then you just need to screw down the right wires in the right places, really.
You should have:
3 from the turbo panel (turbo, guide, gnd)
5 from the stick (4 dirs + gnd)
11 from the buttons (10 + gnd)

There are 3 ground connectors on the PS360, you'll be using all three - one from the buttons, one from the stick, and one from the turbo panel.

If you're feeling adventurous you can modify the above to also make use of the LOCK switch on the TE and make it control start & sel - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_iUXuqOTNY for more details
There is no knowledge that is not power

CptMunta

Awesome!

Cheers for the lengthy tutorial man! I really had no idea where to start. Better go get me some soldering gear.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

rugdoctor

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 18, 2010, 05:49:30 PM
also rug doctor can you bring the hori fightstick clone so i can have a look please

Will do
All your sticks belong to me!

Rorooze

Sweet, good to hear all the packages made it through safely.

I delivered electrics ones to him on my way back from Tauranga, only a few more to get to people now ^_^

Barnstorm

Thanks again for sending that shit out to us bro

CptMunta

Just wondering did everyones come with the free USB wiring harness that was coming with the first batch? Not complaining I'm grabbing mine off nick tomorrow and was working out what I'll need to buy to do the mod.

Rorooze

Marc, I think I forgot to give Nick4Now the USB cable for the extra USB slot on the PCB. Shit. I'll send it in the post. Not sure what you mean by harness?

CptMunta

Quote from: Rorooze on December 20, 2010, 03:14:51 PM
Marc, I think I forgot to give Nick4Now the USB cable for the extra USB slot on the PCB. Shit. I'll send it in the post. Not sure what you mean by harness?

Bro if you could fastpost that it would be awesome! We are having a tourney at mine on Thursday and was hoping to having sussed and sorted by then. If you send it tomorrow morning should be sweet as. If it's late we'll manage.

LN

Oh, so I *could* have used terms like harness in my guide :D _b

CptMunta

Quote from: LN on December 20, 2010, 03:41:35 PM
Oh, so I *could* have used terms like harness in my guide :D _b

;D I'm glad I got confused, I get ya now. plug = harness :D Otherwise I wouldn't have asked and might have tried soldering the usb wires directly into the little plug. That's why I'm so scared of screwing it up because of my own dumbassery

amendonz

so anyone finished the mod yet then?

no problems i assume? not too difficult?

thinking of using a couple of these over hacked 360 pads for my candy cab. prob worth it for the extra compatibility 

St1gnate

Quote from: Rorooze on December 19, 2010, 09:03:58 PM

I delivered electrics ones to him on my way back from Tauranga, only a few more to get to people now ^_^

Cheers for dropping the pcbs off man much appreciated, something to do over the stat days

CptMunta

Got my ps360 today, cheers Rorooze!

I'm taking it for a test run till the cable arrives with a USB cable I have at home.

Having trouble though, the te ps3 innards are different. All the main buttons and stick wires go from to that terminal block then straight to a pcb under the turbo and home buttons.then out through the USB.

So you can't include the turbo and home buttons on the stick without a tricky solder mission on the pcb and have to go with the 10 button version.

Only issue is I've cut away the grey cables from the main pcb the points are all labeled which is handy. And put them in the ps360

There's a ground wire for the stick and one for the 8 action buttons but not the start and select ???

The buttons ground and start and select ground share the same slot on the ps360.  So should I:

Just leave it wire the rest up and hope for the best (hopefully not frying anything)

Or unplug the start and select quick disconnects from the terminal and make one ground wire then stick that in pcb?

Cheers fellas sorry to be a bit of a bitch about all this.

LN

ROFL yeah ok, so I just looked up the PS3 TE internals and yeah, that's very different to the 360 TE internals. Will be easiest to ignore Home/Turbo for the moment, so effectively the whole turbo panel will be functionless. If I come across something which isn't too nasty (i.e. doesn't involve permanently destroying the existing functionality of that panel) I'll let you know.

Actually lol, I just thought of one solution. My stick doesn't have the turbo panel at all (the UPCB replicates pretty much all the functionality using start+sel), so I could possibly send you my one. Since it's an xbox turbo panel it is as I described in my original writeup, you should be able to just feed in the turbo/home/ground wires and have it work. I'll think upon it more to make sure this is actually realistic.

As for your start/sel buttons - they plug into the same terminal strip as all the other buttons, so by default they share the ground with them too. With your proposed 'simple' setup without the turbo/home, you should have roughly the following:

USB cord soldered to PS360 pcb USB harness
Stick wires + ground from stick harness screwed into PS360 terminal strips
Buttons + ground from button terminals screwed into PS360 terminal strips
Turbo/home panel completely disconnected from everything

As in the PS360 guide, for the 10 button setup you'll have to have a separate wire connecting from somewhere on the non-ground side of the sel button to the turbo terminal strip on the PS360 so you can actually switch systems.

HTH

CptMunta

It's ALIVE!!!

Cheers man for the extensive write up!
I went with the 10 button method and left the start and select ground alone.
You are right about the tricky wires falling out though but am sussing that out and you have hold that "turbo" button in a long ass time to switch modes but it makes sense.

Got the USB cable hanging out where the turbo and home panel is till the USB harness comes in the mail. But it works. Pc mode doesn't work on pc and neither does ps3 mode. But I have windows 7 64 and it might be a driver signing issue.

Thanks heaps for all your help LN!!!  ;D