• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Presents - CHRISTMAS DAMAGER - 11 December 2010

Started by Rorooze, October 06, 2010, 07:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rorooze

IIRC from the last "discussion" we had on team format was that Mikado meant team 1 = player A and B, team 2 = player X and Y. Then it goes A vs X, B vs Y. If one team doesn't win both their games then the winners from each team play each other. Is that not mikado?

electric

Quote from: massi4h on October 12, 2010, 02:15:11 PM
We should do the most recent Japanese style which is to let each person have 2 characters. Way more fun imo.

I really liked that format too - it also allows for a bit of pre-game yomi which seems like something a lot of our community is in to - of course, the characters should be nominated up front so someone can't play like 5 different characters and be like "nah man i've only used two - WHERES YOUR PROOF ?!"

Not like it matters to me anyway since I can't make it :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

And if there is more demand for two characters then I don't see why we can't change it. That said, all the team tournaments previous to this we've had one character only and it's worked well (easy to admin too!). Also, I think it's better to "yomi" your playing order if you want to avoid bad matchups, rather than counter picking with your back up character which I think defeats the purpose of team tournaments!

HoneyBadger

I think pick the easier admin option :3 Like my nigga Eru said bitches gonna cry if characters fucked up.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: Oleetworth on October 12, 2010, 02:40:45 PM
I think pick the easier admin option :3 Like my nigga Eru said bitches gonna cry if characters fucked up.
but they still cry with one char only rule :)
never happy :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

First post updated with spiffy new poster made by yours truly with absolutely no help from Richard whatsoever.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

karizzma

I continue to wait for a team torny where you can have the same character. TEAM EL FUERTE!!!

massi4h

So anyway, how do you guys feel about allowing people to use 2 characters (but still still having no doubles ups)? Just adds a bit of flavour I guess and you wouldn't be forced to play both characters in the tourney.

Lennysaurus

CHCH VS AUCK VAMPIRE SAVIOUR MM!!!!!

MIMI SASQUATCH SAYS THAT SOUTH ISLAND IS FRRAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

redtie

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck i will diezal match any mutha fucker yargghh!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: redtie on November 10, 2010, 07:22:52 PM
MM should be BM

For beer match. KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Oh shit G!  Youll have to bring your best pair o gumboots to see if youll fit the dress code, and on the slim chance you win I'll shout you a stella on tap!

HAHAHAHA!

samurai black

BEER MATCH