• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Want a solo Tool gig around BDO 2011?

Started by Skullator, November 01, 2010, 09:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Then liking this facebook page could be relative to your interests, this may be our only chance assuming tool doesn't go on world tour with a new album release late 2011.
They have confirmed I think 2 solo gigs for aussie, but 0 for NZ so far.

Copy pasting a generic message I am spreading around numerous websites and message boards in an attempt to get 500 likes as quickly as possible, read italics below if you care about why this actually has a chance at success, otherwise just like the following page on facebook.

Cheers

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-us-get-Tool-to-play-a-sideshow-in-NZ-2011/162115330485697

Hey guys.
At the start of each year there's a concert that goes around Australia and New Zealand, it's pretty much the biggest main stream concert of each year for both countries.

Tool has confirmed for 2011 big day out, considering they have been my favorite band since like 1999 the news that they are playing in my country is always good enough to "Make my year"
They were at the 2007 big day out and blew my mind once already.
Thing is.. they are only doing solo "Tool" performances in Australia at this stage, 2 of them I think.
Nothing planned for New Zealand solo gig.

I have a friend who has read every single word that has ever appeared on www.toolband.com since about the year 2000, he has even gone through phases of sifting through the source code (HTML) on the page every now and then. This is because tool does something called VIRAL MARKETING, meaning that they often leave clues and hints to their upcoming content and tour schedules in very strange fasions, but yeah this guy is OBSESSED with them far more than me.
Fact of the matter is after doing this for more than a decade he has established a text relationship with both tools webmaster, and their drummer Danny Carey.

Basically he just said in passing to them "Sucks you guys cant do a solo gig in NZ" and they said " Oh we hadn't thought about it, but last time (solo) was really fun! Do people still like us there?"
Lol, do people still like Tool? give us a fucking break you modest cunts!

Long story short, they have said a good way to gauge interest these days is number of "Likes" of the idea on facebook.
If we can get 500 likes on this facebook page, Tool might do a solo show for us as well as Big day out concert.
(Walk in the park, didn't we get some shoes like 3000 votes or some shit a while back?)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Help-...162115330485697

Nobody will be looking at the names of the likes, and I'll be asking more websites than just this one. Your privacy and anonymity is ensured.

Thanks in advance for any help you choose to give the cause, I appreciate it immensly.

originaljulz

I actually hate Tool, but I liked it anyway. Lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Skullator

Thanks bro, yeah nothing to lose really lol.

Rorooze

seen them twice. good the first time. second time was a repeat of the first. maynard giving the exact same speech about wielding the positive energy at the concert was almost enough to make me vomit

D-, would not see again.

Skullator

The point of supporting good live music post the 70's.
You just missed it ;[

Try naming me another musician who splits his talent between multiple bands and still has the time to keep every single gig completely free of re-hash stage talk lol.
I think it's more about the music than the "It's good to be here tonight in 'checks back of guitar' New Zealand!" lol, but to each his own. And they only do a new album every 5 years or so! So forgive their sets for being identical lol.

It's definitely not a genre or band for everyone tho, that's for sure lol.
Oh yea, new APC album in 2011 too, that will be an amazing year for me haha.

Rorooze

The thing with tool is they aren't really entertaining. they play in the dark and put some lights and visuals on. Once you've seen it once it's not worth seeing again. and their last two albums have sucked penis. big time.

musician: omar rodriguez-lopez (ok, two bands, but also movies and other collaborations :P)

fluxcore

lateralus is possibly my favourite of all, actually :/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

I originally enjoyed it, but it didn't hold up for me like aenima did.

Skullator

You care about what the band looks like or something? Bet you enjoyed not seeing much of them in their music videos then eh. Doesn't mean the music videos aren't amazing though right?
Man I just reckon you can enjoy music for the sound, nothing else matters, strange eh.

The fact of the matter is they are some pale 'washed up looking' old white fulla's, who just so happen to be incredibly good at music.
Danny Carey's drumming is simply world class, his equipment and drum kit is revolutionary, he leads the industry on the sounds his instrument can produce and time stamps he can make fit in a song.

My mentality is I apreciate each chance I get to see people who have inspired me so much in my life in the flesh, I dont care if the sound is off on the day, I don't care what they wanted to say publically, I care about them taking the time out to come play on our tiny as hunk of earth.
I saw them crooked vultures for similar reasons, but mainly a Jon Paul Jones - Led Zeppelin thing.

moose!

Urgh.
Possibly the only thing worse than hearing someone wank on about Tool is hearing someone wank on about Led Zep.

Skullator

Haha, haters gon' hate.
Let me guess, I should be listening to umm... Fallout boy? haha jk.

I wouldn't shove my taste in music down anyones throat, but I would defend the music thats influence me in my life, forgive me as I'm sure you wouldn't do the same thing.

originaljulz

Quote from: Skullator on November 01, 2010, 11:15:20 PM
Haha, haters gon' hate.
Let me guess, I should be listening to umm... Fallout boy? haha jk.

I wouldn't shove my taste in music down anyones throat, but I would defend the music thats influence me in my life, forgive me as I'm sure you wouldn't do the same thing.

Lost Prophets hurr
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

moose!

I didn't tell you to stop listening to it... I didn't even tell you it was bad.
I just groaned my discomfort, thats all.

And you just reminded me how much that new fallout boy song makes me want to stab my ears with forks.

Skullator

yeah sweet as, I was wanking on a bit lol

they have a new song =\? I don't listen to the radio much but remember hating their original FM fodder, I'm youtubing it out of sheer curiousity.
You could call what I'm about to do "Immediate regret"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness