• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 25, 2009, 03:45:51 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on August 25, 2009, 03:04:03 PM
Quote from: zosla on August 25, 2009, 09:08:31 AM
its normal... look at the numbers of their members, you wouldn't want 2000 weavy shitting all over the forums would you now :) ahhaha
Imagine 2000 zolsa , there would be like 2,000,000 spelling mistakes.

What line?

EPIC LULZ
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 25, 2009, 04:28:23 PM
its normal... look at the numbers of their members, you wouldn't want 2000 weavy shitting all over the forums would you now :) ahhaha

What line?

EPIC LULZ

I reply quite differently than most Claw players do, if you pay close attention you will understand why :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 25, 2009, 04:36:35 PM

What line?

EPIC LULZ

I reply quite differently than most Claw players do, if you pay close attention you will understand why :D

I heart this forum.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 25, 2009, 04:36:35 PM

What line?

EPIC LULZ

Damn this stupid line always makes me piss myself laughing. :D
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 25, 2009, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on August 25, 2009, 12:42:42 PM
since marvel appears to be drying up i may be forced to come back to street fighter 4  :'(

I'll jump on tonight to play some Marvel.  So if your on I'll invite ALL you motherfuckers to play.  Okay :)

where were you bro??

i ended up playing sf4 for about 30 min and fuck that game sucks dick

that game puts me to sleep especially after a month or so break and only playing marvel
i feel like my character is stuck and can hardly move or attack

played a ryu he wasnt bad just boring and why is jump so godlike in this game
i actually think its possible to jump back all the way to corner jump hurricane out and repeat till time is out vs any character without a fireball

and maybe its lag but nothing is easy as a non shoto the possibility that a dragon punch could come out anytime just fucks me off

sorry for the rage but there are so many things that i think were done wrong with this game

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Its allright if you dont like it, heaps of others do so it's all good.

This game just got fun for me again now that i've been playing Sim nonstop, probably because i'm getting owned again. Man that combo mk-yoga flame is hard to master, i keep fucking it up in game.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Quote from: Barnstorm on August 26, 2009, 12:20:09 AM
Quote from: stereomonkey on August 25, 2009, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on August 25, 2009, 12:42:42 PM
since marvel appears to be drying up i may be forced to come back to street fighter 4  :'(

I'll jump on tonight to play some Marvel.  So if your on I'll invite ALL you motherfuckers to play.  Okay :)

where were you bro??

that game puts me to sleep especially after a month or so break and only playing marvel

i actually think its possible to jump back all the way to corner jump hurricane out and repeat till time is out vs any character without a fireball

and maybe its lag but nothing is easy as a non shoto the possibility that a dragon punch could come out anytime just fucks me off

sorry for the rage but there are so many things that i think were done wrong with this game

Myabe some training would help, but then again for some players its hard to get their mind set on another fighting game since they are usually stuck to the one the play most and find other fighting game too different and can't really get use to the system.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

I was sitting on xbl until about 10:30 NZ time.  Only saw Lenny online and he was playing magic.  Also my connection is suffering (I have my girlfriends xbox portforwarded now) so i'm sure that would have suck :(

Also was having fun on the chat last night too.  Sorry barnstorm.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CptMunta

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 26, 2009, 04:09:40 AM
Its allright if you dont like it, heaps of others do so it's all good.

This game just got fun for me again now that i've been playing Sim nonstop, probably because i'm getting owned again. Man that combo mk-yoga flame is hard to master, i keep fucking it up in game.

Yeah I gave up on that Standing Mk in Yoga flame. I traded it in for Crouching MK. Looks trickier but I found it way easier.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

That combo isn't hard, b+mk, hcb + punch? No harder than an SNK super motion...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

The only thing that absolutely fucks me off about SF4 is trying to do dash forward fireball and getting dash forward dragon punch. Even worse with Abel because Falling Sky is so fucking terrible outside of combos. The input system sucks donkey ballbags
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

where were you bro??

IMHO Street fighter 4 online is one of the shittest games you could play (except if your getting a 5 green bar connection). The crap netcode makes it impossible to play any kind of footsies. Zoning verges on straight turtling because of the laggy inputs for anti airs, fireballs, long range pokes....You can't bulldog as a result of lag which really hurts characters like Gief, Balrog and E. Honda. Reacting to throw setups is a bitch. Ugghhhh it just sucks.

You basically have a game stripped of all the good things that it has going for it. Of course if you don't like a game based on footsies and zoning then your not gona have much fun anyway...although the lastest match videos out of Japan are suggesting that the game is getting more aggressive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zAuUYEVlKU

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Toomeke on August 26, 2009, 09:34:38 AM

where were you bro??

IMHO Street fighter 4 online is one of the shittest games you could play (except if your getting a 5 green bar connection). The crap netcode makes it impossible to play any kind of footsies. Zoning verges on straight turtling because of the laggy inputs for anti airs, fireballs, long range pokes....You can't bulldog as a result of lag which really hurts characters like Gief, Balrog and E. Honda. Reacting to throw setups is a bitch. Ugghhhh it just sucks.

You basically have a game stripped of all the good things that it has going for it. Of course if you don't like a game based on footsies and zoning then your not gona have much fun anyway...although the lastest match videos out of Japan are suggesting that the game is getting more aggressive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zAuUYEVlKU

Good news imo. I hate the fact that this game GREATLY favours turtling. Thats the only area where it lacks balance imo. Most people will disagree with me but w/e. There should be a place for rushdown and a place for turtles. SF4 isn't particularly accomodating of the former.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on August 26, 2009, 09:09:15 AM
That combo isn't hard, b+mk, hcb + punch? No harder than an SNK super motion...

Ha never thought of it that way. But Instant air tele cross up FP MK FLame the MK was always to fast for me to cancel. I just buffer it into the Flame now with more reliable results. Also mix it up with MK slide for goodtimes. Dangerous times but goodtimes.

Screw trying all that on pad though.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

Quote from: Toomeke on August 26, 2009, 09:34:38 AM

where were you bro??

Playing Online = learning the different gameplay matchups etc, I don't tend to play 100% my ability as you stated with the lag factors. so usually 70% of what I can usually do :)

But most games i play I get 4 bars and sometimes 5 if lucky, so in other words its not too bad. Maybe PS3 just suck :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.