• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 19, 2009, 10:21:59 AM
Woot Ive finally got this combo down on Gen.

jump in, ST.HPxxFeirce HHS, ST.MKxxFeirce HHS

does good damage and builds lots of bar.

*gulp* doesn't work on shoto's though. Or most of the smaller characters. You can include a st.mp before the ST.Hp for additional hits, and I believe that if you go instead St.Mp xx HHS, st.mk it can connect on shoto's. also, don't forget the super after the st.mk for flair and big damage if you also have ultra stocked.

GO LENNY GEN! ;)

Lennysaurus

Yeah MPxxHHS works on all characters... but its harder to do due to the "drumming" method used to get the HHS slaps out

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 19, 2009, 01:19:47 PM
Yeah MPxxHHS works on all characters... but its harder to do due to the "drumming" method used to get the HHS slaps out

I did some of the gen/honda combos by doing things like:
Jump in (HK/MK or whatever)
HP (before you hit the ground - doesn't come out x1 or 2)
ST.MP
HP (buffered x1 or 2)
HP (activates slaps)

Basically just hiding the presses by doing some of them before the move you're going to combo into the slaps. Certainly seems like there's a lot of leeway with how early you can do the buffered moves.
I'm sure most of you know it already of course, but someone might not.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

More bragging: Beat Elimination_ again (He was ryu, Sagat, Fei, Gouken, dhalsim), Kingleeonidas (Ryu x2), Shoey38 (Ryu & Sagat). All with Viper, undefeated this afternoon all three bar connection lol!

(did triple seismo lock down too. . . kick ass!)

HEAR THAT All AUSSIES!

Damn Viper's actually pretty good at beating Sagat now I found! (Fought 66 this week) I think I've only lost the once to Smoofi's (Very good) Sagat this week! (On sunday at my place) (Hint: EX Seismo goes through tigers. . . f+mp goes over low tigers. . . QCB+hp beats knee!)

I'm planning on another get together in about two weeks (first weekend of April) And I think Lenny said he may bring Xbox so we can set up two tv's and have some good grinders. I can accomodate about 6-8 people at my pad, so you all are welcome to come and enjoy!

fluxcore

Quote from: hydrokinesis on March 19, 2009, 03:45:49 PM
QCB+hp beats knee!

What, when done at the same time? That sounds pretty risky though... knee is safe on block, HP TK most certainly is not!
What am I missing here?

Haven't worked out the timing on using EX seismo for invincibility either. I did it randomly through a fireball on the first day, and I don't think I've done it successfully since. Haven't practiced it or anything though... hearing about EX seismo feint to avoid crossups makes it sound pretty useful though!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Lets rematch =P I'm getting tired of these no bar connections not letting me time my foward roundhouse properly =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on March 19, 2009, 03:59:28 PM
QCB+hp beats knee!

What, when done at the same time? That sounds pretty risky though... knee is safe on block, HP TK most certainly is not!
What am I missing here?

Haven't worked out the timing on using EX seismo for invincibility either. I did it randomly through a fireball on the first day, and I don't think I've done it successfully since. Haven't practiced it or anything though... hearing about EX seismo feint to avoid crossups makes it sound pretty useful though!

Hp.TK to meet the tiger knee. Actualy Hp thunderknuckle has invincibility on start up, so it is very good at stopping deep jump ins clean (if you don't have ultra stock for the burst time on a traded hit) and deep Honda headbutt/splash, blanka ball etc. Tigerknee also can be stopped pretty easy this way.

Oh and remember her awesome back dash. Fuckin tech right there, use it after knuckle pressure strings and watch Viper go through mk's and sweeps all day.

And Ex.seismo through fireballs should be treated like a 'parry' from CVS2 (NOt 3s PARRY it's tighter than that) You can easily go through Sagats high/low tigers (All) ryu/Ken/Akuma/gouken Mp+Hp+Ex Hadouken, Guiles sonic MP+HP+EX (Piss easy to go through Ex somic, it moves so fast just do it when you see him throw that shit out).

It also lets her go through random normals like Ken's F+MK, Gen's c.hp (both) and heaps of crazy shit. Set the Cpu to record and go test that shit out, you'll be surprised how often it'll completely save your ass, and give you a chance to hit ultra FOR FREE! (At sweep range or less) :)

And yes you can ex.seismo feint to miss cross-ups, though I'd recommend Saving attack then dash back (Or away I should say). It builds ultra meter, get's you safe and you can pretty much guarantee you'll be in a good position to pressure with Bk's seismos and Knuckle strings from that distance.

Caleb: Maybe tonight brother!!! :)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

More bragging: Beat Elimination_ again (He was ryu, Sagat, Fei, Gouken, dhalsim), Kingleeonidas (Ryu x2), Shoey38 (Ryu & Sagat). All with Viper, undefeated this afternoon all three bar connection lol!

(did triple seismo lock down too. . . kick ass!)

HEAR THAT All AUSSIES!

Damn Viper's actually pretty good at beating Sagat now I found! (Fought 66 this week) I think I've only lost the once to Smoofi's (Very good) Sagat this week! (On sunday at my place) (Hint: EX Seismo goes through tigers. . . f+mp goes over low tigers. . . QCB+hp beats knee!)

I'm planning on another get together in about two weeks (first weekend of April) And I think Lenny said he may bring Xbox so we can set up two tv's and have some good grinders. I can accomodate about 6-8 people at my pad, so you all are welcome to come and enjoy!

i would be quite joyful to recieve an invite to this maybe yes...hahaha...i need practice and the $2 price at yifans hurts my balls, i mean wallet
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Hydro

Smoofi: GGs last night bro, Just watch the turtle with Sagat vs Viper. You know she can pick you off with Seismo traps from a distance. Other than that, great pressure from the tiger knee sequences.

Geneterror: GGS too bro, your boxer gave my viper fits in that first game. Like I said, just watch the wake up moves, and work more on the pressure with ticks and throws and that match will be yours soon. Ben has a really good gameplan vs my Viper with his boxer, he's easily my toughest opponent ATM.

Simon: GGs brother. Awesome matches! some of the best of the night. Four bar connection is gravy!

geneterror

[quote author=hydrokinesis link=topic=166.msg6870#msg6870 date=1237488308Geneterror: GGS too bro, your boxer gave my viper fits in that first game. Like I said, just watch the wake up moves, and work more on the pressure with ticks and throws and that match will be yours soon.[/quote]
Thanks bro, it def went a bit better than last time :). I was a bit distracted towards the end coz my fiance was bugging me to go make dinner haha.
Yeah I have to watch that wakeup headbutt, it's to easy to fall into bad habits from ranked matches online where people fall for it over and over again. Anyone that plays Boxer got any suggestions on a good wakeup plan for him?
KOW 2011

fluxcore

Block. He doesn't really have anything else. Sometimes backdash/focus backdash, but if headbutt isn't going to do it he doesn't have anything better.

In my experience, anyway.

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on March 20, 2009, 10:17:36 AM
Block. He doesn't really have anything else. Sometimes backdash/focus backdash, but if headbutt isn't going to do it he doesn't have anything better.

In my experience, anyway.

Agree, but it depends on opponent sometimes. You should follow the ABC for Boxer (And guile of course) ABC: Always be charging. sometimes just waiting on DB can be your best weapon in a close fight. Most intermediate to advanced players expect you to play a wake up game of some sort, so second guess them by keepin your cool and your charge.

CptMunta

Hydro cheers for the schooling and reminding how much I still have to learn about this game.

Your mixups are crazy kept me guessing and afraid to leave my comfort zone. Became a vanilla shoto. I should focus more on Dic anyways I guess  ;)

Training mode for me.

Sorry again to Geneterror. I was hoping to sneak in more games before heading off to sleep. Have to get a good extended play session in sometime. Really good Sakura the one match we did have was tense :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

Munta: GGS brother! that dict is coming along nicely. Honestly, your ryu is very good, I just fought like. . . 133 ryus this week, i had plenty of practice on that match up lol.

Geneterror; GGS too bro, your Sakura is doing VERY well, I was lucky to land the ultra in the corner in that last round. . .keep that shit up bro!

And BAD GAMES to: Denboyk1 who msg'd me saying throws are cheap, so to have a laugh I won by PURE Throws only in our next match lol. He then called me an emo fag. Choice! :)

To everyone going tomorrow: Good luck at the tourney.

CptMunta

That fateful tourney is here already?!

Man sucks to south island. Best of luck to you guys. Represent the NZISM/SRK crew.

Hope you guys post up footage, even if it is only shakey cam styles.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta