• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on May 19, 2009, 11:38:07 AM
come to yifans and thats where you will learn :) to get bashed LOL.

Yifans is only good to learn how to fight ryu. Or, if hue is there, to lose quickly to ryu and not learn anything at all.

But ryu is my worst matchup anyway, so thats fine.

Actually, i learned a lot from fighting kevin's gief. Scraping out a few (in this case, ONE = a few) wins here and there. (mostly there. no here, since there was only one win)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Tala

hey guys,

any tips on dhalsim? I play rufus btw.
dhalsim is very annoying turtle style char. i can beat any other turtle chars but dhalsim is special. his lp fireball travels real slow so I cant punish him by jumping over it. i usually eat an ultra or super. if there isn't a meter he just jumps back HP or s.HK. if i get close he uses his long reach advantage to push me back. if cornered he teleports.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Tala on May 19, 2009, 01:53:59 PM
hey guys,

dhalsim is very annoying turtle style char. i can beat any other turtle chars but dhalsim is special. his lp fireball travels real slow so I cant punish him by jumping over it. i usually eat an ultra or super. if there isn't a meter he just jumps back HP or s.HK. if i get close he uses his long reach advantage to push me back. if cornered he teleports.

The general rule with dhalsim is to play against him patiently.  Just sit back a while and build meter.  Dont bother moving in on dhalsim unless you have meter.

Divekicks will beat his limbs as long as it is your foot hitting him.  You will also want to get good at focusing his limbs.  eg: he jumps back, you dodge forward and focus, he jumping heavy punches your focus, you dash forward out of the focus and now youre in his face.

Dont focus any of his fireballs as it will lead to a massive combo.  When you are on him keep your divekicks low.  Youll notice that once you get in Dhalsims tend to spam their throw in hope that one of your divekicks will hit high, somake sure you keep jumping if it hits high.

Remember dhalsim has a small life bar, you only have to hit him a few times to bring him near death.  If you get a lead sit on it and let him come to you.

Hope that helps.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Hydro

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 19, 2009, 02:20:37 PM
hey guys,

The general rule with dhalsim is to play against him patiently.  Just sit back a while and build meter.  Dont bother moving in on dhalsim unless you have meter.

Divekicks will beat his limbs as long as it is your foot hitting him.  You will also want to get good at focusing his limbs.  eg: he jumps back, you dodge forward and focus, he jumping heavy punches your focus, you dash forward out of the focus and now youre in his face.

Dont focus any of his fireballs as it will lead to a massive combo.  When you are on him keep your divekicks low.  Youll notice that once you get in Dhalsims tend to spam their throw in hope that one of your divekicks will hit high, somake sure you keep jumping if it hits high.

Remember dhalsim has a small life bar, you only have to hit him a few times to bring him near death.  If you get a lead sit on it and let him come to you.

Hope that helps.

Total agree, Lenny's given you some good advice here. Also, if your opponent likes to Air teleport directly behind you, you can sometimes telegraph it and go straight up jump HP Which hits in front and behind Rufus.

But yeah the main thing is to learn your focus/saving timing for his limbs and advance that way, then swamp him with dive-kicks and mixups in close, and for gods sake if you get an opening go for s.hp xx tornado for third life, followed by ultra in corner. Remember Rufus f+throw (Headbutt) does good damage usually, so that means great damage to dhalsim, so use that one if you can rather than the punches unless it's to get him in the corner. :)

CrazyMobius

I've beaten all the survival and time trials. Does that make me good? Challenge trials give me RSI.

fluxcore

I found survival and time trials did that, mashing lariats for hours on end :p

I still haven't unlocked the last colour from time trial, just find it so boring to do :/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

I set one of my buttons as 3XPunches and kept pressing it.  If you have a turbo controller I recommend using that also.

Just need to mix it up when it comes to cammy though
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on May 19, 2009, 03:43:31 PM
I found survival and time trials did that, mashing lariats for hours on end :p

I still haven't unlocked the last colour from time trial, just find it so boring to do :/

Is that the one where you fight all 25 opponents? Easy way to get through it is play an uploaded soundtrack rather than the original music. I recommend the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack.

zos'la

hey guys,

LOL, there are more character people are using these days, so stop bitching about Ryu.
Also there are plenty of other players there you have trouble with tbh and its not just Ryu.
My gielf and Chun are advancing slowly :D
I'll promise you a good time when you next play me lol.
But Yifan is the place to go if you really want to get the finger shaking feeling :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Andy, you quoted the wrong person i think.

Im just saying, yifans or not, my most difficult match up is ryu. I dont see that changing any time soon. Yes i have difficulty with other stuff. So what? That doesnt change the fact that i have the most difficulty facing ryu.

I wasn't calling you out or anything jeez >_>
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

New guy is going to get so sad when he sees that LOL
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Tala

Quote from: zosla on May 20, 2009, 12:32:25 PM
hey guys,

LOL, there are more character people are using these days, so stop bitching about Ryu.
Also there are plenty of other players there you have trouble with tbh and its not just Ryu.
My gielf and Chun are advancing slowly :D
I'll promise you a good time when you next play me lol.
But Yifan is the place to go if you really want to get the finger shaking feeling :)

???

Thanks for the tips Lennysaurus Rex

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

good gaming with you last night lenny, can you not dominate me with almost every single character in the game lol thanxs for the tips learned alot  :)
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Lag is the lamest thing ever.

Flowchart ken fires off HP shoryuken from close range, el fuerte blocks.

El fuerte goes to punish.

*nothing happens*

El fuerte eats another HP shoryuken.

El fuerte wakes up, and blocks another HP shoryuken

El fuerte thinks to himself, "fuck this im gonna mash out a jab. theres no way the lag can keep THAT from punishing a whiffed hp shoryuken"

El fuerte goes to punish

*nothing happens*

El fuerte thinks "fuck. better block"

El fuerte blocks, and ken lands. (blocking for a good second at least.)

*large pause where el fuerte sctubbily sits there blocking, almost ASKING to be thrown.*

El fuerte eats an ultra whilst holding down-back on the stick for 2-3 seconds.

Bill dies a little inside.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.