• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 09, 2009, 11:08:35 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on June 09, 2009, 09:47:11 AM
Quote from: zosla on June 09, 2009, 08:34:50 AM
who needs tricks to win :D? u only use it when its needed tbh. a solid player is all it takes, less mistakes is all it takes to win :P looks at my sobby Ryu lawl.

Viper doesn't have solid footsies (aka her normals are pretty shit), and her specials aren't the best either, so actually most of her game revolves around tricks and mindgames. She also takes more damage, so needs to make far fewer mistakes than her opponent to win.

El Fuerte is the same.

And Abel lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Abel has plenty of health
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

I've been playing Sakura a lot lately, there's someone who takes a shitload of damage. Every matchup feels like an uphill battle but it's fuckin' satisfying when you take down a Sagat/Ryu/Balrog/Zangief. Especially the guy the other night with a mic that laughed when I chose Sakura and told me he was going to destroy me, he ragequit before the end of the last round as it was clear his Zangief was about to get destroyed for the third round in a row by a little girl BWAHAHAHA!

Sakura needs her crossup back that would help level the playing field a lot!
KOW 2011

fluxcore

Yeah Sakura isn't actually that bad against Zangief, her jumpins stuff Lariats pretty damned well!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Yeah Sakura isn't so bad eh. I heard she was a bad matchup for Sagat cause she can cross him up so easy ><
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

dang anyone who thinks sakura is crap go play zoddiacs sakura , most insane shit iVE EVER SEEN .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on June 09, 2009, 11:17:35 AM
Abel has plenty of health

My bad, I meant more the fact that his poking game is pretty terrible and so are his specials... If you can't get in range of f+mk you're pretty much poked unless you can guess right with an EX tornado throw and harass some wakeups
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

kingpiccolo

ive played another sak player thats realllll good play something cant remember his name hes pretty good with the zonin.

stereomonkey

Quote from: geneterror on June 09, 2009, 11:33:16 AM

Yes, she needs it back soooooo bad.  Fuck this j.lk crap.

My Sakura relies to much on focus attacks (pointed out by flux, thanks :-\) But I still have fun with her.  Now I'm giving Gen ago ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 10, 2009, 12:04:11 AM
Quote from: geneterror on June 09, 2009, 11:33:16 AM

Yes, she needs it back soooooo bad.  Fuck this j.lk crap.

My Sakura relies to much on focus attacks (pointed out by flux, thanks :-\) But I still have fun with her.  Now I'm giving Gen ago ;)

If sakura had her old crossup she would be waaaaay too broken.  As it stands she can use one EX bar to hit confirm 400 damage.  Having the bitch crossing me up all day (ala Ryu) and hit confirming into fuckloads of damage and mixing it with throws/overheadds/etc would be yoo good.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

A2 good. That game was entirely c.lk, c.lk, s.lk xx hp shoouken, crossup, repeat, dizzy, j.hp cr.hp hp shoouken dead.

She would probably need a little nerf to her combo damage/stun, but yeah.

Take Seth for example, he has a ridiculously mean crossup, and if you hit the followup twice they are dizzy (with NO ex). Sakura wouldn't be much worse, just she'd do more damage...

fluxcore

HoneyBadger

I love the little flame wars that are coming xD FUCK I HAVE TO DISPUTE EVERYTHING
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

I'm sure if every special move 'type' was ranked like this then people would realise that all of Seth's specials are actually pretty crap...

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: fluxcore on June 11, 2009, 12:06:20 PM
I'm sure if every special move 'type' was ranked like this then people would realise that all of Seth's specials are actually pretty crap...
and they would realise kens are the best cos when he does a dragon Flames come out !!!!
FLAMESSSSSS !!!!!!! HOW FUCKN AWESOME IS THAT !!!!!!!!!!

BWahahahhahahahhaa :D
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "