• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Mid City computer? I wanna go there and play now lol
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on July 03, 2009, 11:45:16 AM
The net cafe called 'MidCity' near Sky City has their racing PC set-up with SF4 running on it...  :)

If it was at Yifans, I would've said Yifans...

I think he was making two statements dude.  The first being a question about mid city and the Street fighter setup, the second statement was just advertising the fact that he would be at yiffans at the times he stated.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

kingpiccolo

DJB13's cammy vid really nice combos cant wait for the others.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on July 03, 2009, 11:45:16 AM
The net cafe called 'MidCity' near Sky City has their racing PC set-up with SF4 running on it...  :)

If it was at Yifans, I would've said Yifans...

Ha ha. Well that's what happens when you talk about obscure little net cafes no-ones heard of.  ;D

gunsmoke

Quote from: kingpiccolo on July 03, 2009, 02:47:36 PM

DJB13's cammy vid really nice combos cant wait for the others.

cooo000l
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Squares

I'm having trouble with one of Chuns combos.. I can execute the moves but the super never hits.

-> Focus Attack
-> Medium Punch
-> Senretsukyaku (I can pull this off straight away or just before Dan hits the ground and it never connects; he blocks all of it. Also looks like the first kick whiffs every time.)

Doing her trials. Trying to train myself up a tiny bit for the tournament. Any help would be nice.
Nyaaaa

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Jesus im playing shit atm.

And its not like i was any good before. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 24, 2009, 07:41:54 PM

Sorry to hear that bro.

It's kinda crazy, but after the tourney I've been playing much better. It's like all the pressure of the last few weeks just dissipated and now I can have fun again :D Also, my timing and shit seems much more on point now for the same reason, probably cause there's nothing to prove (Or lose) anymore.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 24, 2009, 07:41:54 PM

Same here. I feel like I'm at a point in my game when I know the THEORY behind what I should be doing, I can execute everything 95% correctly, but I just can't seem to stick to it, which leads to me ultimately losing. I want to play safe and poke, but instead I rush in and get beaten out. I know I should and can punish certain things with THE DAMAGER, but instead I go for 50/50 (or what seem like 10/90) mix up situations.

Maybe I just need to go back to Sudoku ? lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

There are always periods in your fighting game career where you're trying out different things and it makes you play worse for a while. The main thing is to keep at it, so you learn the ins & outs of whatever style/combo/tactic you're trying to bring into your game. Knowing when to play safe or rush in or whatever is just another aspect to perfect... not that it's easy!@
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I think im gonna hold off on Fuerte (well, play slightly less with him) for a bit. He's my main and always will be, but i think im a little bit stuck atm and need to crank out something different for a while.

Im mucking around with Ryu simply because my fundamentals are terribad, but i want something a bit mroe different. I would jump straight on Akuma (not gay), but every man and his dog seems to be using him at the moment. Same reason i dont really want to learn Sagat.

I know Jay is learning Rufus, so i dont want to step on that thunder. Plus when i think about it, i dont really have the desire to learn him. I like the look/feel of Seth, but i probably play a bit too dangerously to use him to full potential.

All that being said, i think ive narrowed it down to Sim and Claw.

My problem is i intially wanted an alt that makes up for my mains weaknesses. Looks like that aint gonna happen :P

Since theres nothing to do at work for the next 2 hours ill watch some videos of some high level sim/claws. (leaning towards sim atm)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 24, 2009, 10:04:28 PM
I think im gonna hold off on Fuerte (well, play slightly less with him) for a bit. He's my main and always will be, but i think im a little bit stuck atm and need to crank out something different for a while.

Im mucking around with Ryu simply because my fundamentals are terribad, but i want something a bit mroe different. I would jump straight on Akuma (not gay), but every man and his dog seems to be using him at the moment. Same reason i dont really want to learn Sagat.

I know Jay is learning Rufus, so i dont want to step on that thunder. Plus when i think about it, i dont really have the desire to learn him. I like the look/feel of Seth, but i probably play a bit too dangerously to use him to full potential.

All that being said, i think ive narrowed it down to Sim and Claw.

My problem is i intially wanted an alt that makes up for my mains weaknesses. Looks like that aint gonna happen :P

Since theres nothing to do at work for the next 2 hours ill watch some videos of some high level sim/claws. (leaning towards sim atm)

Feeling the same way after taking a week long break from the game.
Feel like I've just got the same ol' tricks and aren't as flexible as the tourney. Also has to do with being online again I reckon. Anything below 4 bars feeling like fighting in custard, I don't take as many risks either in case they don't come out.

I might mess with Fei Long and Honda a bit more for shits and giggles. Maybe try and optimize my router somehow.

Then go back to Rose and see what I can come up with.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man ozhadou forums are shit as, threads get locked for people calling people a wanker lol.

Some dude complaing about another NZ Dude called DEVILSTAR , even TOOMEKE puts his 2 cents in (just saying its not kevin) lol. Lucky flux aint like that or every single thread here would be locked.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Ohh man 4:00 am, wheres Hue i wana play that game.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man i wish there was a dude in SF with a mean as afro coz i'm growing the giganticist one.

YAY i just found a mean as Rufus player online, i aint telling yall who it is either,he's my secret Aus traing partner. The first ever Rufus player to go toe to toe with my Sagat/Ryu and rape all my other chars, except gen but that wont last long as he's catching on. Now i just need a really good Gief player too play with, theres heaps of Gief but not beating me Giefs, hurry up and get a ps3 kevin.