• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 26, 2009, 03:59:47 PM
I see your problem. You've been playing against people that play like shit.

* stereomonkey points and laughs at Gino  :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Barnstorm

Quote from: zosla on August 26, 2009, 03:30:47 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on August 26, 2009, 02:49:35 PM
this is also my biggest annoyance about the game and i have no problem with turtling but when it becomes turtle fighter 4 and turtling is the only option then i have a problem

i mean i love almost every thing street fighter related but this i would almost bet money that a ryu could do 3 moves an entire match to win, jump back, fireball and air hurricane and could beat any non fireball character(gief being the possible exception)

no other street fighter could you get away with that

and stereo i must have just missed you i jumped on a bit after 10pm

Sim b+mk yoga flame is relatively easy once you get the hang of it and is important because it leads to super

It maybe harder than you think doing only those 3 moves to win, I am guessing you haven't played anyone on SF4 at a higher lv ( not like daigo lvl ) but at a decent lvl. It won't work mate.

the thing is i have played (what i deem) quite a few good players mainly online and a couple when visiting auckland at yiffans and the first grind session

are you on xbox? cos id be willing to try this just to prove that jump is that good

this is how i see the match going, ryu gets a life lead jumps back to corner throwing a random fireball here or there as he moves to corner when opponent comes close he jump hurricanes out

repeat till time runs out

its just i think people dont see that the jump in this game is that retarded

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

What happens when you get cornered, and the opponent DOESNT advance, but waits for you to either jump back, fireball or hurricane out?

At the right distance, you either

A) Jump back like they want you to and eat an easy punish
B) Fireball and give them a free jump in (which WOULD be free given the right distance)
c) Hurricane out, into yet another easy punish.

and finally, the 'BEST' option

d) You both block until someone does something wrong.

It works if the opponent is going to try and chase you. Assuming the opponent dodges/focuses you fireballs, and closes the distance without doing stupid shit and eating whatever normal your backjumping with, eventually this WILL lead you into a situation where your options are A,B,C or, if your lucky, D.

Additionally, im just going to throw in that if you do this to el fuerte, prepare to eat a stream of run, stop, guacamole.

I KNOW it works against people who either suck, or arent used to such a retarded playstyle, but once you get someone with half a brain, then this doesn't work. Period.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Jumping by its self is not strong in IV. In fact its probably the worst its ever been in an SF game. What can make jump seem so strong is the huge stages (the area as a whole) and the huge space between each side of the screen. Making the stages small would make running away a lot harder and encourage aggressive play because getting stuck in the corner is just as bad as its ever been in an SF game. Its also funny you mention Gief as he is one of the few characters that has a hard time dealing with runaway tactics like that you have mentioned.

I know the easy input thing is annoying especially for some characters like Seth but as a whole it makes execution far less of a factor than it has been in past games.

A common execution problem in sf4 is getting low mk xx DP instead of low mk xx fireball. Most will blame this on the simplified motions put in sf4 and they are right about this. Now to fix this problem all you have to do is slow the motion down and make sure go from down back when you cancel mk into FB. 5 mins in training and should have no worries. Compare this to the time that you have to invest practicing how to do a dragon punch in sfii. I have spent hours practicing DP motions well playing ST and probably only have a 60% success rate at executing them in a real match AND don't get me started on 360 motions...

I reckon that basic execution is so easy in sfiv that people simply have not bothered to practice how to do all of the different motions the Street Fighter IV way. If your getting funky shit coming out then go hit up training mode. Its what you have to do for every other fighting game.

Things that I would like to changed or added to the next SFIV:

Super meter is reset at the begging of each round. Super meter builds faster. This would encourage the use of supers and prevent people from stock piling meter for later rounds.

Focus attack/canceling/breaking is balanced out for the entire cast. Some characters are simply way too strong in the Focus department. Characters like Ryu, Sagat and Akuma have fantastic Focus attacks, great ways to use focus canceling and awesome ways to break focus attacks. Compare this to Dhalsim who has a shit FA, almost no use for focus canceling and a shitty focus breaker. Yay!!! Get rid of Focus canceling or give everyone a good way of using it. Shit is undercover broke imo.

Increased blocked stun and reduced reversal frame window. Speaks for itself.

One idea I had for Ultra is that it would require metre to use it. Lets say it takes an Ultra meter and three ex bars to use Ultra. Now that would make ultra useless right? Not if you made certain normals ultra canceable. Then everyone would have some way to combo into Ultra. It also takes out the threat of DP FADC Ultra and would discourage the use of random Ultras.

::)

fluxcore

Yeah I'd go along with that.

Actually the main problem I have execution wise is d+whatever xx dragon punch, which works fine until you have 4ex stock and then you get super. Instead you have to do the retarded motion of d+something, mash down forward + punch, which I simply hate. I think basically the buffer window is just way too huge for those motions.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

It's like people on this forum are doing a thesis on fighting games sometime.  ;)

[8-----D] Toots

stereomonkey

Quote from: Toomeke on August 26, 2009, 11:30:36 PM
Quote from: stereomonkey on August 26, 2009, 11:22:57 PM
It's like people on this forum are doing a thesis on fighting games sometime.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiijJ2P4cjw&feature=related

I use to listen to this when I was playing Fight Night Round 3!  No shit!

Lennysaurus

I wouldnt mind seeing a guard bar in SFIV.  Thatd change it a bit.

Also Ben speaks the truth regarding the blockstun and reversal issues.  That shit blows.

What do you mean about the walk forward d+mk xx fireball?  Cause that has been an execution barrier for shotos since Hyper fighting.  Trying to do it so that you get a fireball and not a DP?

Jumping is shit in SFIV.  I think you might be playing alot of online SFIV too Barn, cause that would make the juump alot harder to react to.

The easy solution to all of the issues in SFIV is to play Blazblue and MVC2 :)

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 27, 2009, 12:50:55 AM
The easy solution to all of the issues in SFIV is to play ST

fixed
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

The easy solution to all of the issues in SFIV is to get some skills, go do some practices and stop crying.

fixed moarrr.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

It's not about practice, it's about disliking fundamental design decisions with the game...

maelgrim

My biggest problem with SF4 is the ultra - I hate it.
I agree it should also consume a couple of EX bars.
& Supers should be toned down damage wise & comboable from normals for all Characters.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

electric

The easy solution to all of the issues in SFIV is to play Sudoku.

Fixed the most
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

super sudoku champion edition 2 turbo!